PDA

View Full Version : Incident between 25 & 01

Charger25
05-21-2006, 05:43 PM
I just want to state that if you look at the pictures on the Jam, it tells the whole tale of how the 01 drove though my car. It shows him hitting my car in turn 4 and still pushing me in turn 2. He never let up on the gas. Somebody made comments to my radio man that it was "a nice job on our part". As if to say it was my driving or my radio man's fault.
I have purple paint from the 01's car on the back of my seat and on my battery. Just to show you how hard he hit me and drove through me. He never let up. The pictures show him trying to drive between me and the 37 car. It's obvious that he didn't fit there. So I say "good job on his part of wrecking my car." :applause: :applause:

maestri fan 1
05-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Don't worry about it Charlie. We will get this car fixed and next weekend we will go out and race them hard. No need to wreckem back, we are a better team then that and we race clean. You know that Charlie.

Also the pictures do show it all.

44chargerfan
05-21-2006, 07:11 PM
think about this:

why is it that when certain cars (wont mention any #'s) come through the field so fast but yet there are cars in the infield and that when you look you see cars spinning as the "wreckers" roll on by and how is it that they can do it in front of the officials and not get penalized
i love how this track is into politics

QUICKMC73
05-22-2006, 10:53 AM
unfortunately our division is out of control.the #of cars that drive into the car in front of them rather than race them,is low,around 6-cars.but the damage they cause is ridiculous.do not kid yourself,they will never be put to the back!!!that only happens to the clean ones :-|

unowho243
05-22-2006, 10:57 AM
I agree 73 And charlie dont worry i will put my car to the side this week and be there every night to help get this car back to the way it was bro and you will do great next weekend! and there was nothing wrong with your driving or your radio man

DODGE99
05-22-2006, 11:24 AM
There are a certain few drivers that really shouldnt be in the charger division only because they are lacking racing experience. These are the guys that have handling problems week in and week out and dont do ANYTHING about it, they just want to go out there and drive. While they are out there "driving" they tend to wreck a lot of equipment. Thats not fair to those who go home and work on their car all week and at least TRY to get better, or ask people for advice. For those drivers who just want to go out there and drive around wrecking things, purposely or not, they should have went to the blunderbust division where you can tear up some stuff and it doesnt cost a million dollars!! And on saturday, the "big one" involving the 54, 14, 88 and whoever else was caused primarily because SOMEONE didnt have a radio man, and was obviously unaware of what was going on around him. In my opinion for outta control rookie drivers, radio men are a NEEEEEEED !!!!

Jimmy D.
05-22-2006, 06:22 PM
I have to agree with Brian and Kevin. Our division is out of control. These new guys (and some of the older guys), think that spinning someone out is racing. Pass me clean that's racing. Using me as a brake and spinning me to get by is not. In the last 2 weeks, I've been spun 4 times, 3 times by new guys, once by accident. I'm getting tired of it. These cars cost way too much to repair and to run, to get hit and spun week after week by someone who thinks that's racing. Kevin the only thing I disagree with is these guys should be in the demo derby not B.B.. I also think that radios should be manditory, in the charger division, not an option. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Fkraft99
05-22-2006, 08:03 PM
charlie I was the one that made that comment to your spotter as well as the 4 people standing there watching the race... im sure i can tell u exactly where ur damage is... front just in front of ur LR tire and back... because thats how far we were along side of you goin into turn 3... and u continued to come across the nose of robs car forcing you guys to hook up. now im no expert but i think if we were that far along side of you that maybe ur spotter should have told you there was a car on the low side. and dont be ridiculous about going between u and the 37 ... steve was behind rob goin into 3 and when u guys were hooked HE went low to avoid something that should have never happened. and what did u want rob to do when u guys hooked up.. lock the brakes up for the rest of the field could pile in???

but i guess its like u said ... hopefully everyone takes a look at the pics to see how far along side we were when YOU came down... thanks bud it wont be forgotten.

unowho243
05-22-2006, 10:16 PM
We was not that far up on the 25 car he had about a foot on the quarter of the 25 car (behind the rear wheel) and then he hit the gas insted of letting the 25 keep the line. Thats when the damage on the door occured because they then got hooked and pretty much towed eachother around more then half the track.
I thought the comon law was that if u didnt have up to there door your supposed to back of a little and let them regain there line, I could be wrong but thats always what i assumed.

And what will not be forgotten?

Charlie's Angel
05-23-2006, 09:51 AM
Freddie.. If that's how you saw things well then that's just fine. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. The only problem I have with what you said is "thanks bud this won't be forgotten." What are you implying with that statement?
As far as this won't be forgotten. Last I checked you weren't in a charger car that day. So not exactly sure how this has anything to do with you. If Rob has a problem then he and Charlie will discuss it. As far as paybacks or anything of the such.. that's just not our style. We will fix the car and come out and try it again. If you meant something by that remark you are more than welcome to come by our trailer and discuss this with Charlie.

bulldozer
05-23-2006, 02:19 PM
I know i didnt see any of this but i had to say my word.Rob was in first in points .Charlie was this not your first race there this year?I think if the guy is faster ,hes leading in points,if he gets a nose on you give him some room.Im not saying give him the spot but dont drop it to the white line.That has to be a communication between you and your spotter also.If you had a faster car that night.Then you deserve to get down but if the 01 was faster give him the spot and follow him to the front.Sometimes losing a spot will gain you three more.I think alot of the accidents occur because of misscomunication.The spotter has to do a better job on letting his guy know hes faster its early in the race let him go and will try to get a clean finish.Sometimes the driver doesnt even know he was there and boom **** hits the fan and theres a wreck.Plus the 01 was racing on sure guts he had 3 cracked bones in his elbow from a driveshaft that broke in his late model.Earlier in the day in practice.

Charlie's Angel
05-23-2006, 02:40 PM
Yes bulldozer this was Charlie's first race of the season. And believe me.. had he known that Rob was there he would have gladly moved over rather than have his car wrecked. It costs a lot of money to replace all of the damage. Obviously not something we would do intentionally. Our spotter did tell the guys in the stands that he lost communication with Charlie and the guy perhaps it was Freddie since he said it was him that made the remark.. told him that he didn't have much of driver either.
Although Charlie has never wrecked anyone and Rob's car apparently was fine in this whole thing because he went on to finish the race. I'm not too sure of what Freddie is stating with his bad driver comment and his "this will not be forgotten" comment. To think we are actually related though marriage and this is the crap he wants to say. Not cool is all I'm saying.
As for Rob, I saw Rob tapping on Charlie's bumper..but unfortunately I didn't have the radio so I couldn't say anything.
As for Rob being injured perhaps he should have sat out this one out. He could have injured himself further.
But again.. such is racing and we will be back Saturday. Hopefully Rob will be also. I hope is doing okay by then.

LongIslandJam
05-23-2006, 06:00 PM
Ok,

I see this is becoming a war of the words, rather than a discussion of the incident. However, I do feel we can come to a conclusion.

The #25 felt like he had right of way with Rob underneath his rear quarter. Rob felt like he had right of way for the same reason. There was definitely a miscommunication as the #25 wasn't alerted to the situation (for those unfamiliar with driving a racecar, the driver side rear panel is a blind spot). With better spotting, I bet this could have been avoided.

I'm sure Charlie and Rob will discuss this sometime to come to an understanding. Rather than this getting any uglier, let's have the two drivers discuss this on their own...