PDA

View Full Version : Don't get me started.

Jaws
05-21-2006, 06:14 PM
18 mods and empty stands. There's a shock.

Someone better wake up at the track or this place WILL be a PC Richards warehouse.

I hope the track opens its eyes before its too late, almost no one except the very dedicated and loyal car owners and fans are coming anymore.

The track needs to make improvements to get back fans and cars. Playgrounds for the kids, a game room (The track would even make money on that!!) Better food at reasonable prices (probably make more money on that too), food gardens where you can sit and eat(comfortably) maybe even while watching the races (Maybe on a TV or 2??), how about hooking up with a subway, Wendys, Dominos or other to run the food and kick back the track some money.

Family pricing, alcohol free areas, shorter shows, contests to get the fans involved, toss a t-shirt or 2 into the stands during breaks, pave more of the grounds so you don't come home looking like you were working on a farm, how about upgraded lighting so the place is not so dark!!!!

How about a 50/50 raffle with the local fire department or ambulance service???? That brings in fans $$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!! How about an autograph session each week? Or maybe this, (Personal biggest complaint) let each fan go to his or her car 1X if they forgot a coat or medicine or money to buy more food?? (I'll skip the cooler thing as we already beat that to death)

And thats for the fans. How about letting the car owners in free or a reduced cost, they do spend thousand to be there each year and then pay to race their cars. How about sponsors that pay a random lower finishing car some extra $ so they can better afford to be at the track each week.

Bring in the ROC, ISMA supers, Migets, Legends, come up with a figure 8 class that is lower and cost so maybe the fields are large enough to actually pass at the X. How about one of those NASCAR night where 4 or 5 drivers that are racing a Pocono come and race a charger??? How about a good old fashion 100 lap race with lap money and no time trials and heats.

Just like many other Long Islanders, see you at Stafford next week.

44chargerfan
05-21-2006, 06:59 PM
18 mods and empty stands. There's a shock.

Someone better wake up at the track or this place WILL be a PC Richards warehouse.

I hope the track opens its eyes before its too late, almost no one except the very dedicated and loyal car owners and fans are coming anymore.

The track needs to make improvements to get back fans and cars. Playgrounds for the kids, a game room (The track would even make money on that!!) Better food at reasonable prices (probably make more money on that too), food gardens where you can sit and eat(comfortably) maybe even while watching the races (Maybe on a TV or 2??), how about hooking up with a subway, Wendys, Dominos or other to run the food and kick back the track some money.

Family pricing, alcohol free areas, shorter shows, contests to get the fans involved, toss a t-shirt or 2 into the stands during breaks, pave more of the grounds so you don't come home looking like you were working on a farm, how about upgraded lighting so the place is not so dark!!!!

How about a 50/50 raffle with the local fire department or ambulance service???? That brings in fans $$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!! How about an autograph session each week? Or maybe this, (Personal biggest complaint) let each fan go to his or her car 1X if they forgot a coat or medicine or money to buy more food?? (I'll skip the cooler thing as we already beat that to death)

And thats for the fans. How about letting the car owners in free or a reduced cost, they do spend thousand to be there each year and then pay to race their cars. How about sponsors that pay a random lower finishing car some extra $ so they can better afford to be at the track each week.

Bring in the ROC, ISMA supers, Migets, Legends, come up with a figure 8 class that is lower and cost so maybe the fields are large enough to actually pass at the X. How about one of those NASCAR night where 4 or 5 drivers that are racing a Pocono come and race a charger??? How about a good old fashion 100 lap race with lap money and no time trials and heats.

Just like many other Long Islanders, see you at Stafford next week.

1) they dont wanna have to pay tax on improvements
2) they make money even if there is no one in the stands (pit passes, drivers fee, etc.)

to sum it up the track wont pay because they will wind up paying
hopefully yaphank it better

Jaws
05-21-2006, 08:24 PM
I know but as a fan its very frustrating.

By the way there are less cars in the pits than in past years so the back gate is not as big anymore.

The sad part is that when they stop making any money they will probably just sell the place. And blame it on the fans and drivers!!

As far as Yaphank, who believes that will be built in our life time???

LongIslandJam
05-22-2006, 05:54 AM
Jaws,

You have great suggestions (always have)... Unfortunately 44chargerfan summed it up. Comes down to the $$. A lot of tracks still operate successfully without all the amentities you have mentioned. A lot of tracks whom had the aforementioned amenities are not doing so hot or are already gone. Just my quick two cents.

Jaws
05-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Hey JA thanks (I think..lol)

I just want to see the place just get better. Plus you don't have to do them all at once. Too Bad John White's money went to tracks so far up state. It would have done a lot of good here on the island.

If I upset people by being negative, I am sorry. I think I write what many others are thinking.

By the way good job to the # 49 team, maybe a championship for the 49 this year if they keep going like the first 3 weeks.

TruValueRacer
05-25-2006, 12:17 AM
The True Value Tour doesn't have a problem getting 35 mods to attempt to qualify, pack out the stands, and it's only $30 to get into the pits.Also, tires are only $120 a tire. :cool:

modified_fan
05-25-2006, 05:18 PM
I was listening to WDRC FM (102.9) out of Connecticut some today. They had a call in contest (we'll take the 9th caller to 'win') for a pair of tickets to Friday night's "Whelen modified 150 lap race at the Stafford Motorspeedway".

I must have heard the name Stafford Motorspeedway, plus the Whelen race, 5 times in the 20 minutes or so I listened. I wonder if Stafford paid for the spots or simply gave the tickets to the station. 50 or 60 bucks for this radio time would have been a steal.

Regardless it was great promotion. Tis a pity Riverhead Raceway is not doing something comparable to build their fan base.

FLAT OUT
05-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Right On Mod Fan You Rarely See Any Advertising Anywhere. Has Anyone Seen The Bus Junkers At The Front Of The Track? The Place Looks Bad!!!!