PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys in turn 1

rabbid1
05-22-2006, 06:15 AM
Whats with the Cowboys in turn 1 . That booing is a little annoying , two guys who won their first race had to endure booing and heckling at a time where they should have been enjoying themselves . And those stupid signs , Do they really think the drivers are looking at them instead of the track in front of them , Get real ! Someone on another thread mentioned an alcohol free zone , How about an A- Hole free zone !! Show some class kids and cut the crap !

RGeeProductions
05-22-2006, 08:39 AM
Hey, the track likes them. They buy more beer than everyone else at the track put together. And talk about booing, when racing is going on, I can hear them in the infield when the cars are racing!!!! And was pretty sad when Chris won the Modified Feature to hear these IDIOTS boo. I could relate a little story to them about how our group used to do that, drink and yell. The scoreboard was lowered to its position now and to make it short, there used to be stands in front of the scoreboard, that was OUR stands and you see they are gone!!!! And that's the truth!!!! The last night we sat there they actually offered us all beer just to sit down and announced the offer over the loud speaker!!!!! The next year, the stands were gone!!!

art11758
05-22-2006, 09:08 AM
Hmm that must be the group I sit faaaaaarrrrrr away from. I'm embarrassed to be of the same species as they seem to be. I've refered to them to my family as the "turn one brew crew" and they are painfully aware as to why. I say lead by example and cheer louder than them. There are folks like that at viritually every place ya go it seems like, so ya can't let em get ya down.
Say Matt, did the "bumper treatment" you got by the leader going by coming out of four with like three to go feel as unwarranted as it looked?? I would have asked you in person after the show, however my girlfriend wasn't feeling so hot and we left promptly.

allhailunc
05-22-2006, 09:17 AM
gotta agree with you there RGee they do buy more beer than "just" about everyone else combined.while attending i did enjoy their signs though it showed the fans that someone was really having fun.as for booing I bet that there would be those if Jesus came down and won a race would boo him so booing isn't that bad.one thing they dipped into their pockets last year when we were going around collecting for the guy who was sick and i saw a few 20's go into the jug from them. :applause:

RGeeProductions
05-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Well then some positive things come from this!!!!

unowho243
05-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Leave the COWBOYS alone there harmless and i think they make the track fun and if u guys cant take the booing u should be racing because everyone gets boo'd once in a while its just the name of the game!

FERGBIZZ
05-22-2006, 04:11 PM
i am a proud member of the "turn 1 brew crew"....however i am not a cowboy...and i'm not usually one of the few who boo...unless something ridiculous happens on the track and nothing is done about it...and we even had a sponsor this week...how many fans do you know that get sponsored?

UpIN1
05-22-2006, 05:39 PM
I, too, am a proud member of turn 1 cowboys. No one at the track has more fun than we do. As far as the signs, the drivers are requesting them, and half the people dont even know the significance of what the mean... And yeah, what fans do you know that get sponsored???

maestri fan 1
05-22-2006, 05:58 PM
All I can say is Heck YEAH for the turn one boys. You guys are great!!!

By the way Upin1, can I make a request for a Lou Maestri sign? Don't you think a 2 time champion of the division deserves a sign? lol

Turbo
05-22-2006, 06:41 PM
You guys need to get real talkin about the boys in turn 1. They bring the most fun, probably the only fun at the track. And we do look at the signs, my father and brother and Jrod always look at the sign and im sure they are laughin when they see the boys cheerin and wavin signs. Everyone boo's, I go to stafford and hear nothing but boos when they announce Ted Christophers name!!! if you dont want to have fun, do not come near turn 1!!! Bottom line! :applause:

rabbid1
05-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Art , Nah the bumper treatment didnt bother me at all , In fact it was kinda fun ! I like drivin sideways . Guess thats why they call him the Wild Child ! lol

Bullet09
05-22-2006, 09:41 PM
All I have to say is that the cowboys are great...they bring the most excitement and fun to the track.
YEEEAAHHHHHHHH!!! :applause:

unowho243
05-22-2006, 10:04 PM
LONG LIVE TURN 1 AND THE COWBOYS!

If i had money id sponsor you too lol

Jaykwaz
05-23-2006, 07:25 AM
What is going on at Riverhead Raceway when you guys are complaining about some of the few fans who are there every single week to support the track. I might even bring my daughter to the track this weekend and sit with them. They don't say or do anything offensive. If you can't take the booing, you are in the wrong sport. Even Jeff Gordon gets lit up with boo's when he is announced. They're not hurting anyone, so relax a little and enjoy the fun. If you don't like it, compete with them a little. Cheer louder when they boo, Boo louder when they cheer. Make your own signs. But don't knock the few fans who still show passion for racing on Long Island. God knows there are only a few of us left.

curiousellen
05-23-2006, 08:17 AM
Wow, I got deleted !!!

DAN D.
05-23-2006, 09:29 AM
being I am not at the track these days.. is there any pictures of these "signs" to see what all this talk is about ?? just wondering ..

jimmy'z
05-23-2006, 10:10 AM
sounds more like a WWE match than the races with all them signs :D

rabbid1
05-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Good point Jaykwaz ! , I didn't look at it that way . Guess I was just lookin to get booed too . lol

debbie33
05-23-2006, 11:44 AM
I agree with Jay they are at the track week in and week out (hot and cold weather, rain or shine) they are at the track supporting their favorite drivers and having a good time doing it. They add comic relief to the boring cautions with their boring sign. They boo for people who have done their favorite drivers wrong and they cheer their asses off for their favorites. I am glad to have them hold up a 33 sign during the modified race, Kenny needs all the inspiration he can get right now.
If you look this season they have recruited a few more people to turn one, my 15 year old is one of them he even wants to get a cowboy hat to wear with them. He thinks they are a trip and tells me he has the best time over there with them. They are not offensive to anyone, they do not fight with anyone and they are entitled to boo or cheer for whoever they want. Keep it up COWBOYS!!!!

unowho243
05-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Cowboys are funny leave them alone end of story lol

Like ive said b4 long live turn 1 cowboys/girls

art11758
05-23-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm embarrassed to be of the same species as they seem to be.
I'm going to recind my flaming of the the "turn one brew crew" with this:
I'm old. First impressions unfortunately go far with me. While never observing beyond my first glance and assumption, I lumped them into a unfair stereotype. Carry on.

bulldozer
05-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Those fans are what its all about.They are my fans. I laugh my butt off every week at the signs. Like they have on one of their signs, come to turn 1 if you want some fun. FUN, ISN'T THAT WHAT RACING SHOULD BE? Turn 1 you guys, are my dog pound like the Browns in football. Keep those 81 signs rolling, I need all the help I can get.

DAN D.
05-23-2006, 03:28 PM
In the interest of American idol I think dog pound should be DAWG POUND, LOL

rabbid1
05-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Guess I was a little rough on em too ! No hard feelings , Although I still want to be booed .I'm old too Art , lol

turn1cowboy
05-23-2006, 05:39 PM
who's coming with me to turn one this week, :lol: COWBOYS!!

J-Rod
05-23-2006, 07:06 PM
As a matter of fact i do read those signs in turn 1 while im on the track,,,those are my boys up there, just showing their support..By the way, how are you gonna complain about some of the fans when there ain't that many there at all? Just appreciate the few that are there.

sincerely, 08 lm

LongIslandJam
05-23-2006, 07:12 PM
I think they are just a group of fans trying to have fun. Be thankful that they are there every weekend cheering (and booing at times) on our drivers. At least they are fans that are involved, and in my opinion those are the best!

unowho243
05-23-2006, 08:32 PM
I might stop by turn one for a minute and chill for a lil bit :cool:

FURacing
05-23-2006, 08:33 PM
hey turn 1 cowboy....im baaaaaack!!!...see ya saturday nite

kid.

Rich Mergl
05-23-2006, 08:53 PM
NAAAA! Save the Cowboys, Ride a Horse.

W. J.
05-23-2006, 10:18 PM
While I don't agree with some of the signs they display, at the times they display them, I'm glad someone cares enough to take the time to do what they do. Big Question is; does the message get to the real target(s)???
Just like on this board, we don't have to all agree with what other's think, but we have to be thankful they express their opinions.

IDRIVEALARGECAR
05-23-2006, 10:40 PM
People,there are way more legitimate issues to complain about at Riverhead than the only fans that are enjoying themselves there. It happens everywhere. 60,000 people got up in the pouring rain this past weekend and booed the hell out of the Busch brothers at LOWE'S for the Allstar race and believe me, it was loud. And as much as I dislike them, also it was great to hear it. It's like a right of passage. As a spectator these days, I am enjoying racing again. Nobody runs a show like they do on Saturday night at Hickory and Concord. Some of the best racing I've seen in a while, so let the brew crew have their moment in the sun, they have a bleacher section at Hickory that is quite the same, just no signs, but plenty of beer and booing. Later on. Oh yeah, does anyone know why the 13 charger car wasn't there this weekend? Havent spoken to Garret since his 5th place finish. Thanks. Joey C.

allhailunc
05-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Yes, them boys are the best-there each and every week (one of the very select few to do that any more), so let them have their fun-they don't seem to have any issues with anything (like some of us "troublemakers" do :lol: )The real die hard, week in and week out fan is what actually makes/breaks any sports Venue and the "Head' is no different, so I say, "Let the signs flow". :applause:

wayne
05-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Opening Night Three Years Ago " We " Bought 150 Cups Of Beer Before The First Feature.so I Know These Boys Are Pumping Money Into The Track.they Have Been There For A Few Years, So Most People Know Not To Sit Next To Them If They Dont Want To. Lord Knows There Are Plenty Other Seats To Sit In. They Even Have A Sign For Me,and Im Not Out There Yet. So Give Em A Break.

deathwishracin1
05-24-2006, 06:02 PM
lets get some of the cowboys out on enduro days to get a crowd to boo us too... i feel left out.

FURacing
05-24-2006, 07:00 PM
this response is great...keep them coming...this forum is actually becoming exciting now....

turn1cowboy
05-24-2006, 09:34 PM
LONG LIVE THE COWBOYS, hip-hip hooray, hip-hip hooray!!!! "one more beer" :wave:

turn1cowboy
05-24-2006, 09:35 PM
Notice that there are now 3 pages on this forum about "turn one". LOOK OUT

knoxville
05-24-2006, 11:09 PM
let's go for 4

allhailunc
05-25-2006, 05:15 AM
Be careful though, might get outta hand and closed. :lol: This is the best thread I've been in since (oh well you know :rolleyes: ). Still want to thank those cowboys for the way the contributed to the helping hand last year-those boys forfeited a few brewski's to drop a couple of 20's into the jug. Many, many thanks dudes. :applause:

FURacing
05-25-2006, 10:57 PM
and dont worry...im sure these guys will be glad to help more anyway and anytime they can...its just not all about the beer and signs as you can see...we'll be here as long as turn 1 stays where it is...by the way,welcome aboard there knoxville...nice to way to get your name too...and i still wish i taped that...

nobandwagonhere
05-26-2006, 05:15 PM
What I want to know is if you're supposedly "racing", how are you so focused on people in the stands? You're on the track and they are in the stands. 2 totally different places. Turn 1 is just about the only REAL entertainment at that track!

The Bullfather
05-26-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm offended, The Blue Tarp crew has just as much fun in the stands! That's it, time we have water balloon fight! lol.

We try to relay messages to the booth during the shows. I've suggested many times signs, but no one brought them yet! I wanted to have a marker board so we can change it all the time. :O)

Oh, I guess we are basically the none drinking section most nights, once in awhile someone will buy one. We usually make fun and laugh at the people who keep buying beers all night long and watch em' try to walk up and down the stairs.

btgoss
05-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Things sure have changed in a few years. I normally sit it turn one, but it is with a bunch of old timers. The Tappens, Red Raynor, Jimmy and sometimes Rick Kroll are the people I recall from sitting in turn 1. And while there was hops and barley juice consumed, it never seemed to be bankrolling the track.
It always seemed to me that the back stretch was the "badlands." I mean there seemed to be a lot of those "biker" types back there, especially when there was a demo derby.
Seriously, it just proves the track needs a family safe zone. No beer, nothing...

I hope someone can post some of those signs. What do they say?

And booing Chris Young is a national pastime at Riverhead. I mean who is he anyway? Working on his own cars. Working his way up through the ranks, and support divisions. Not having really deep pockets. The NERVE of him winning a race...

RGeeProductions
05-26-2006, 09:59 PM
Look through the JAM picture pages, 'sights'. I took and posted some there from 2 weeks ago.

FLING
05-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Turn 1 Cowboys Are Here To Stay!!!!!

OverInTurn1
05-28-2006, 12:25 PM
:applause: Yeaaaaaaaah Turn one i think we were louder than ever Keep it up !!!! :applause:

turn1cowboy
05-29-2006, 04:10 PM
This week turn one was pretty loud, and we had a big turn out this week :applause: . There was a lot of good racing this week, even though my main man Bub (team 81) a.k.a. Captain Spin Out, finished last again, but let's get louder this week in turn one YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! :wave:

FURacing
05-30-2006, 09:59 PM
oh yeah...we'll keep it up...as for bub,dont ever let me catch you doin something like that again... :mad:

allhailunc
05-31-2006, 05:23 AM
Ya know when & if I visit, I think I just might sit with these gents-least they seem to have a hell of a lot of fun :wave: but then again, they might not need the "notoriety" :lol: never mind what anyone says guys-keep it up and "give em hell".

jimmy'z
05-31-2006, 06:56 AM
my main man Bub (team 81) a.k.a. Captain Spin Out
!!! :D !!! :D !!!

turn1cowboy
06-14-2006, 07:09 PM
How about the cowboys last week when they finished singing the National Anthem when the speakers cut out, and when we finished I heard the fans clapping, "way to go turn one". :applause:

Bullet09
06-14-2006, 07:13 PM
:applause: I think that the cowboys should sing the National Anthem every week! Great job :applause:

W. J.
06-14-2006, 08:05 PM
How about the cowboys last week when they finished singing the National Anthem when the speakers cut out, and when we finished I heard the fans clapping, "way to go turn one". :applause:

It was coming from all over the place, not just turn 1, but good job cowboys!

richardpetey
06-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Hey! Sounds like you guys should charge admission for the racin' party going on in "Turn One"................ :applause:
Do the "Cowboys" saddle-up for the Sunday enduros also....................... :confused:
UNCLE PETEY.................. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

ectthunder
06-15-2006, 11:45 PM
I think it's great!!! They come up with some funny signs and great chants!!!!
I love that BORING chant when they take way too long to start a race or when the big D comes out to bust drivers chops!!! Keep it up guys!!!! :applause:

Golf Guy
06-15-2006, 11:53 PM
It was coming from all over the place, not just turn 1, but good job cowboys!

Hey WJ how about giving my boys some props w/o the pre stuff. Bottom line, they are fun and good for business, so let's have fun with them.

turn1cowboy
06-16-2006, 08:03 AM
From what I hear, this week there is a rumor going around that WBAB will be sponsoring the turn 1 cowboys. I guess we'll find out Saturday. :applause:

W. J.
06-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Hey WJ how about giving my boys some props w/o the pre stuff. Bottom line, they are fun and good for business, so let's have fun with them.

I agree, Golf Guy. I was just noting, as you did, that MANY people finished the anthem. I've never picked on them, I've supported them all the way. I met with them a few weeks ago, and they are good people. I also think they are good for Riverhead and racing. :) :) :)

LongIslandJam
06-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Hey turn1cowboy,

I'm hearing through the little birdies the same thing. Congrats! Do us race fans proud!

allhailunc
06-17-2006, 02:28 AM
I think this subject should be re-named "Heroes in Turn 1". These guys are among the few still showing each and every week and are having a ball and doing it in a safe & proper manner. I'm actually jealous I never had a topic named after me except "Biggest Ballbreaker", for which I never received my prize (WALTER). :rolleyes:

Mike Fields
06-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Larry, I believe that title was runner-up behind me (my protest is still pending). However, to collect the award, the winner has to appear in person by turn two holding a cup of french fries...

W. J.
06-17-2006, 09:47 AM
Good suggestion, Allhailunc, it shall now be known as 'Heros in turn 1'.

turn1cowboy
06-17-2006, 02:26 PM
All I've got to say is thank you for all the great support all you guys have been great. We hope to see you in TURN ONE, the funnest place on earth!! BIG SHOUT OUT TO OUR FIRST AND BEST SPONSOR, "UNIQUE GOLF", thank you for helping the cause!!

redwiteandblue
06-17-2006, 09:27 PM
do you turn one guys stay for the demo,if there is one?

RGeeProductions
06-17-2006, 10:09 PM
All I've got to say is thank you for all the great support, all you guys have been great. I hope to see you in TURN ONE, the funnest place on earth!! BIG SHOUT OUT TO OUR FIRST AND BEST SPONSOR "UNIQUE GOLF", thank you for helping the cause!!
HUH??? Is this code? LOL
WHO EDITED THIS!!!???????? YOU DIDN'T EVEN EDIT IT RIGHT
I DO NOT WANT TO BE EDITED , PERIOD

rabbid1
06-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Idiots no more! Okay Larry, I'll call em Cowboys; Heroes, Well maybe. We surely need more fans who care!

Golf Guy
06-19-2006, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the mention turn 1 dude, I got some more beer for you this weekend.

turn1cowboy
06-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Unique golf, unique golf, unique golf, unique golf, unique golf, unique golf unique golf, unique golf, unique golf, unique golf, unique golf, unique golf, unique golf, unique golf, unique golf, unique golf, unique golf, unique golf, unique golf, unique golf. Hurray for UNIQUE GOLF, without his first sponsor, this may have never been possible thanx, dude!! :lol: Let's go, turn one!

W. J.
06-21-2006, 10:16 AM
I guess that's your way of thanking Unique Golf for sponsoring you???

LOL!!! That's a Unique Idea! :lol: :lol: :lol:

turn1cowboy
06-25-2006, 11:25 AM
:disgusted this rain really sinks i really hope it doesn't rain next week i need my racing fix :mad:

unowho243
06-25-2006, 11:26 AM
I here that stinks a drove past the track last night and i was like damn we would have been racing at this time..... DEPRESSING! But it isnt going to rain this week because i said so.. :applause:

turn1cowboy
07-06-2006, 05:44 PM
I thought the music during the fire works so was not so good, I would have rather done the oooh's and aaahhhh's, (this one's an oooh"oooh", next one an aaahhh"ahhhh" etc.) We had signs made up just for the oooh and aahhhh. Maybe next year!!! :applause:

W. J.
07-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Maybe August 26th on "I Love America" night??? :) :) :)

FERGBIZZ
07-06-2006, 07:06 PM
yeaaaa ooooh ahhhh on aug 26th for my bday

FURacing
07-06-2006, 11:18 PM
hey cowboys...one question....whats up with booin j.r. and then acting like his best friend when he comes to the stands????...i guess keepin it real isnt one of your signs...lol

turn1cowboy
07-07-2006, 08:30 AM
This turn 1 cowboy doesn't booooo that #2, but I do know for a fact that the other cowboy does. I like to see his car go from the back to the front week in and week out. It's exciting. :applause: Maybe the 2 will sponsor us one week? Yeah, right!