PDA

View Full Version : 5/27/06 Thoughts and Problems

44chargerfan
05-28-2006, 09:59 AM
My thoughts for 5/27/06:
1) Why does Walkowiak go 3 wide in heat 1 when he already knew he would qualify. He almost sat the 17 down for the night.
2) Why was Denniston blocking Beutler left and right when everyone qualified. Beutler was obviously faster but Denniston blocked him high and low for at least 3 laps.
3) Man are those turn 1 cowboys famous or what :lol:
4) To clear it up Okula took a shot at Arnold because the 53 took him out week 1 last night. Sullivan took the shot at Okula because he thought Wayne gave him the flat.
5) (Deleted as unfounded rumor, which is a no-no)
6) What was Denniston thinking when he came to the infield when he was DQ'd. Rusty was lucky his car was still running he had to move out of Denniston's way as he rolled in. Why was Denniston DQ'd anyway? :confused:

W. J.
05-28-2006, 10:30 AM
The answer to #6. Denniston's car was throwing water out the right rear overflow, that's why he was black flagged. He pulled off in a timely manner after his number was 'posted'.

As to Number 5, we still don't allow rumors or unsubstantiated accusations, no matter how many want to believe them. If you have proof of something, take it to an authority within NASCAR who can help you.

VNYLGRFX
05-28-2006, 11:53 AM
Brian, Please get your facts straight

1 Wayne took me out in turn 4 because he was out of control...
not the other way around. And never had an issue with him week 1

Then AFTER the race was over he pulled an unacceptable and dangerous action to hurt me and my equipment.

and
2 He did give Sully a flat! and major car damage.

Dale Arnold :cool:

modified_fan
05-28-2006, 04:43 PM
It was so good to see families back in the stands.

It was even better seeing them in the pits afterwards.....their huge smiles and 'oh wow''s from the kids as they saw and sat in the racecars....their beaming parents taking pic after pic with their cell phones of their elated offspring.....

Its what local racing is all about.

Thank you Riverhead Raceway.

Tower Man
05-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Dale, I usually keep my mouth shut, but I agree with you. But Wayne was put to last. That was their decision, right, wrong or indifferent. I won't say whether I agree or disagree, but they did what they felt was right.

Maybe you, Wayne and Sully can sit down and have a chat to put an end to this weekly wrecking.

rabbid1
05-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Can't blame Tommy for that one , I got a bad start off the green and got a little desperate up high and got squeezed by Vechio who was just holding his line . As for the cowboys , I gave em lots of press callin them idiots , which I shouldnt have . My fellow racers helped me see the light . I'll have to dig my hat out of storage and join them for a beer sometime . Dale I noticed that you too used the I word in your post that was deleted , I'm sure you would have gotten 4 pages out of yours too . Too bad Its off , It surely would have made good reading . All I can say is after getting to know you and Sully is that your both real good guys . Haven't had a chance to get to know Wayne yet , But I hope everyone can work things out . I just named my big cooler after Wayne .

W. J.
05-28-2006, 08:30 PM
I'm with Modified fan, and that's the direction this thread should go in. Sunday was another beautiful day for racing, and many took advantage of that to watch the Super Pro Truck and Enduro show. Let's hope we can polish our image and bring even more regular fans into this sport.

Oh yeah, Matt, you'll like those Cowboy guys and gals; I met them last night, great bunch of race fans.

oldschool
05-28-2006, 09:07 PM
Where did all the racecars go??
How come the same Hoosier tire at Wall is almost $20. cheaper??

wayne
05-29-2006, 12:46 AM
Thoughts And Problems! Hhhmmm, how Come They Took Away The Train Race Money? Where Did That Go? How Come A Slice Of Pizza Is $6.50 And Cold? And How Come There Were No Black Flags This Grand Enduro, But The Last There Were Plenty? There were at least 8 or 10 cars leaking water, including my girlfriends, or smoking pretty good. Why sometimes and not others? Just wondering.

Mortgage Guy
05-29-2006, 08:24 AM
I thought it was a great night of racing on Saturday and a great job by Bob Finan keeping the fans involved. I wish the races would end that early every Saturday, even with the break I took my kids in the pits and had them in bed by 10pm. Just an all around great day, and if you have to put those wierd divisions in to get people to the track to enjoy the real racing, I say do it every week. I now have a new found appreciation for that stuff after watching how excited my kids and all the others got when they came out, and they put on one heck of a show.

modified_fan
05-29-2006, 08:35 AM
Well said Mortgage Guy.

That point about wierd divisions each week is one very good one. Seeing these excited kids was so special.

W. J.
05-29-2006, 10:31 AM
Cars leaking water in an enduro? Well, enduros run in the rain, so a leak from one would not have a great effect on the race, all things considered. As to why a black flag is used at one time and not another, it is the discretion of the officials, and whether they actually see it as a problem.

The $6.50 cold pizza I'll leave for someone else to deal with, LOL.

allhailunc
05-29-2006, 11:00 AM
Are you saying I have an issue with "food"? :lol:

W. J.
05-29-2006, 11:24 AM
It wasn't directed your way, Allhail, leave it alone! LOL.

If I had a problem with cold pizza, I'd either ask to have it reheated or wouldn't buy it anymore. Just makes sense, don't you think?

By the way, I agree with Mortgage Guy, both days were nicely done, I really enjoyed the weekend of racing. 5 hour shows ROCK!

wayne
05-29-2006, 11:29 AM
W.j You Would Make A Perfect Riverhead Raceway Official.

RACENUT
05-29-2006, 12:39 PM
I Understand You Need The Circus Acts To Bring In The Crowds But Why Do You Have To Take Away Racing To Do It. There Is More Than Enough Time To Have Both. During The Intermission, (I Mean Break In The Action) There Was Enough Time To Run Four Fig 8's. Just Wondering Why Everytime There Is A Circus Act You Take Away A Racing Division, When There Is Enough Time To Have Both.

W. J.
05-29-2006, 01:28 PM
LOL, I doubt they would agree with that, Wayne. I just try to look at the situation from a neutral standpoint, and I also try to pick my 'battles' carefully. Some things are just not worth getting upset over. Some people like to rant about certain things, I vote with my wallet and my feet, because I find it effective. That solves more problems than you'd ever begin to imagine.

Jaws
05-29-2006, 02:17 PM
A I agree with WJ.

Vote with your wallet and it appears many of you are.

As far as deleting the 2 divisions I have no problem with that. Home by 10, my 9 year old saw the whole show which he almost never does.

If they had lots of cautions the show would have had plenty of time to be completed, but they kept rolling out the features even though they were moving along so qiuck (Smaller fields of cars help that!!) I guess you can't win either way.

They should have had 2 shorter breaks ( I still chuckle about them saying "we don't take intermissions"!! LOL please.).

Racing was OK, where have all the mods and Late Models gone?? Mountain was not even runnning mods on Sat.

RGeeProductions
05-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Mountain didn't run mods because there was a ROC event, so perfect night to give them off. Mahoning was short their top guys also because of ROC.

wayne
05-29-2006, 04:51 PM
W.j I Understand, Just Looking To Get Treated A Little Better At The Track.

fisherman
05-30-2006, 05:57 AM
Well wayne, that will never happen. lots of us have left because of the way we were treated. so put up with it or :wave: :wave: :wave: leave like the rest of us. goodluck