PDA

View Full Version : Race at Black Rock Speedway

Mike Fields
05-28-2006, 10:31 AM
On behalf of the Suffolk Association of Figure Eight Racing, I wanted to thank the following lap sponsors.

We have now obtained a race sponsor for the trip to Black Rock Speedway on July 8th. The race will be call the 'SAFER 25, presented by Stock & Carr, Attorneys at Law'.

For the first set of laps:

1 Oval Speed Unlimited
2 Blast-It Sandblasting
3 JYD Hoosier Tire
4 'The Ax' Carl Baxter
5 K&K Enterprises - All junk vehicles wanted
6 Tom Rogers Jr. & Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Long Island
7 Paul, Karen, & Michael Specht
8 Good luck Kenny! love from Kenny & Kimmy
9 Joe Larsen - In memory of John Kraft
10 In memory of Maryann Sprague
11 www.LongIslandJam.com
12 J&J Auto Body
13 Mike's Auto Service of Quogue
14 Rainbow International Cleaning & Restoration
15 Eastport Feeds / Insula Dome Skylights
16 RGee Pro
17 Stuff-A-Bagel
18 Not Just Ice Cream
19 Blast-It Sandblasting
20 Bob Finan / Riverhead Raceway
21 www.TimothyHalpin.com
22 www.IslandMovingSupplies.com
23 Program Dynamics Inc.
24 Sunoco Race Fuels
25 Victory Fleet Maintenance

For the second set of laps:

1. Karen & Ricky Miller
3. Okula Motorsports in memory of Dale Earnhardt Sr. & Chargin' Charlie Jarzombek
4. Mortimer Racing
6. Tom Rogers Jr. & Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Long Island
7. In memory of 'Tiger' Tom Baldwin
9. John Delavergne
10. Paul, Karen, and Michael Specht
12. Dan Jivanelli
14. Mortimer Racing
16. Joe Saraceno
17. Victory Fleet Maintenance
20. Bill Park
23. Parts World
24. Kevin Metzger
25. www.HeroCardStore.com

For anyone that would like to purchase a lap, you may contact me at liracenews@hotmail.com or by phone at (516) 376-4028.

Checks may be sent to Long Island Motorsports News, 548 E. Penn St., Long Beach, NY 11561-3726. Please make all checks payable to: SAFER

Tower Man
06-14-2006, 07:16 PM
Okay, so the laps are sold and the date is set. Who is committed to going? No maybe's, committment!

allhailunc
06-15-2006, 05:29 AM
I get a real kick out of this. Why Black Rock in the first place? But then again, we had a Walt DeMorris Memorial & one for racin Rich at Mountain, what does that say??? Why not at your own home track, I ask? :(

Mike Fields
06-15-2006, 07:13 AM
Some of the people that are going include Bill Steen, Joe Saraceno, Carl Baxter, Louis Martucci, Ken Hyde, John Delavergne, Roger Maynor, Mike Mujsce Sr., Tommy Graff, and Mike Brigandi. There is also a vicious rumor about someone bringing their daughter's Blunderbust car up to run on his night off. Tower Man, do you think that someone can eleborate on that one?

As far as why Black Rock, that is easy; I had a friend that was announced as the promoter there during the off-season. In the press release, it stated that they were building a Figure Eight course. Then I heard that my friend's father took very ill, and he stepped back out of the picture. So I called Dean Hoag (Dutch's son), and we put the race together. It was a scheduled night off at Riverhead for the division, and they wanted to travel around, and make it a 'family' weekend. So, many are bringing their families up for the weekend.

Of course, I'd like to thank Tom Stock for sponsoring the 'SAFER 25, presented by Stock & Carr, Attorney's at Law'. That makes the race just a little bit more rich for the guys racing.

Finally, I've edited the 2nd set of laps to reflect the latest lap sponsors.

Tower Man
06-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Sounds promising. But I haven't seen Joe Saraceno run yet this year. Bill Steen has only raced once or twice this season and I read on this board the Carl Baxter was quiting racing.

Can't elaborate right now.

Hey Unc, good question. Why can't there be a S.A.F.E.R. 25 at Riverhead?

Mike Fields
06-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Joe Saraceno will be running the ' SAFER 25, presented by Stock & Carr, Attorney's at Law' at Black Rock; probably the only race he'll enter this year. I've already heard from 'The Ax', and he will definitely be there, and is looking forward to it.

As far as why there can't be a 'SAFER 25' at Riverhead, I don't know of any reason why there can't be one.

However, the deal I put together for Black Rock Speedway is somewhat unique. All of the sponsor dollars come back to the purse, as well as all the back gate fees. I don't see Riverhead or most other tracks agreeing to that. Part of this is that it's in conjunction with a special weekend up in Dundee, NY that the track is working with. Even the front gate admission is only $1.00 for that date.

By the way Joe, have you heard anything about that guy in the Blunderbust car?

loving74
06-16-2006, 03:14 AM
Just for you info, Carl Baxter never said he was quitting racing all together, what he said was he was quitting Riverhead! If you're gonna talk about him, get your story straight!

allhailunc
06-16-2006, 03:24 AM
Joe Saraceno will be running the 'SAFER 25, presented by Stock & Carr, Attorney's at Law' at Black Rock; probably the only race he'll enter this year. I've already heard from 'The Ax', and he will definitely be there, and is looking forward to it.

As far as why there can't be a 'SAFER 25' at Riverhead, I don't know of any reason why there can't be one.

However, the deal I put together for Black Rock Speedway is somewhat unique. All of the sponsor dollars come back to the purse, as well as all the back gate fees. I don't see Riverhead or most other tracks agreeing to that. Part of this is that it's in conjunction with a special weekend up in Dundee, NY that the track is working with. Even the front gate admission is only $1.00 for that date.

By the way Joe, have you heard anything about that guy in the Blunderbust car?

Mike,
I think you answered my original post with the last statement about back gate fees and 1 dollar admission. Never gonna happen at Riverhead. Just a shame that to honor our own drivers or own association, one has to go out of state. That would be like holding the Mummers Day parade in El Paso. :disgusted

Mike Fields
06-16-2006, 07:37 AM
Mike,
I think you answered my original post with the last statement about back gate fees and 1 dollar admission. Never gonna happen at Riverhead. Just a shame that to honor our own drivers or own association one has to go out of state. That would be like holding the Mummers day parade in El Paso. :disgusted

Larry, now I've found out what happens when someone doesn't come to Riverhead to partake of the Golden Brown French Fries--- they don't realize that Dundee, NY is actually part of New York (still in the state)! :p

allhailunc
06-16-2006, 01:01 PM
You know what I meant :p

W. J.
06-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Don't listen to him, Allhail, he doesn't even live on Long Island, he lives in Long Beach, an island unto itself, LOL! :drool: :p

allhailunc
06-16-2006, 01:13 PM
:lol: Walt-does anyone listen to him? Why do you think he loves to hang around in Mortimers trailer (besides food&drink :lol: )? Mike's the only one who takes him seriously. :applause:

fisherman
06-29-2006, 06:46 PM
can guys run this race who don,t belong to safer or race at riverhead anymore? and ps a car is no problem :help:

W. J.
06-29-2006, 07:44 PM
It's open to anyone who brings a car that can pass tech. No membership is required in any organization.

Mike Fields
06-29-2006, 09:58 PM
After spending eight or nine months putting it together for the drivers, the race has been called off. I won't get into the reasons here.

All monies given by the race sponsor and the lap sponsors will be refunded. I should have the money to give back this week that I've turned in to SAFER. That should happen when I see Dorothea Hyde when she gets to the track. The only money that won't be refunded is by agreement of those people that have bought laps for the Barasso & Sons Ernie Maynor Memorial that have already spoken to Joe Saraceno.

fisherman
07-02-2006, 03:29 PM
so why was the race cancelled.

W. J.
07-02-2006, 03:31 PM
Many reasons, but lack of support would be the prime one. Thread is now closed.