PDA

View Full Version : Missing in action??????

DriveitinDeep
05-30-2006, 03:27 PM
the late model field is starting to look pitiful.
We know what happened to the 01, and the 8 couldn't make repairs in time but where are the 21, 6, 75 and 34 ( has the 34 ever turned a lap?)?
Start yanking those cars out of mothballs or 2006 will be the last year for the division. :(

unowho243
05-30-2006, 05:21 PM
i didnt even know there was a 34 car
there was a yellow 97 at practice that i have yet to see on the track

Mortgage Guy
05-30-2006, 06:20 PM
Put Fred Kraft in J-Rods back up car...LOL

shifter4580
05-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Yeah, he can spot for himself and J-rod !

Fkraft99
05-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Well if its anything like my fig8 career i should be out by lap 1 or 2 anyway... so spotting shouldnt be an issue... lol

W. J.
05-30-2006, 08:10 PM
21 tells me he will not be racing at Riverhead because of an incident that caused major damage to the car during the practice day on Apr 29th. We have no other word on where the others are. Maybe a purse increase would lure some out, who knows.
What about the 77 and 92, where are they this season??

LongIslandJam
05-30-2006, 08:29 PM
77 won't be out...
92 is a good question, i'm sure when Steve gets it ready, he'll be ready to show who's boss...

An Observer
05-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Roger- Hey at least you got the Double 00 to finish behind you every week.The Late Models are a Great division. I agree with you. We need more cars!!

allhailunc
05-31-2006, 06:17 AM
Let's face it, seems that every division is experiencing the same thing-car counts. Hopefully this is short termed, but looking back 5 years to today there has been a steady decline on all divisions with, apparently, no "help" in sight. Thank God for the "troopers" that do show each end every week-you guys are the best. :applause:

wally28
05-31-2006, 10:00 AM
Lets think about this. Build a $50k racecar, spend $600-700 a week for tires and fuel, and over $150 for a team of 6 to get in the back gate. Then get a Pitiful $450 to win. Not to mention dealing with the handicap system which almost assures that you'll wreck or at least half wreck your stuff trying to get to the front to earn that $450. j.m.o.

TractionControl
05-31-2006, 01:40 PM
UNC
I agree, the chargers had 21 cars and the modifieds had 18 this past week. Why bother with heat races when everyone makes the show? :(

Wally28 well said and also I believe the charger purse is around 235.00 for the winner. :disgusted

Mike Fields
05-31-2006, 02:40 PM
The #34 has been renumbered to #74, and will have Roger Maynor behind the wheel for time trial shows only. We also understand that Buzzy may be back for a show this Saturday.

LongIslandJam
05-31-2006, 05:27 PM
Incorrect Mike,

The #34 is still the #34 of Rob Valone. I don't know what Rob's deal is with his car, but I'll find out.

The #74 is renumbered from the #5 of last year which was driven by Bryan Sescila.

J-Rod
05-31-2006, 05:56 PM
wally 28 is 100% right

Turbo
05-31-2006, 11:47 PM
It does not seem to be a cure in the future... it definitely costs too much for the little that the drivers get. Maybe some drivers felt it was not worth it to race full time and as a result of this, you get low car counts!! :help: :confused: :mad: :*-(

jimmy'z
06-01-2006, 06:08 AM
I'm no math whiz but nothing there just doesn't seem to add up. Everything there at the track every year (nearly) goes up in price but the rewards for showing up there just doesn't pan out (imho).

Besides; just to go in and help with the cars is a cost in itself. I know I personally do not go to the track much if at all due to financial constraints. I'm not sure how you guys do it; but I only wish I could show my support.

art11758
06-01-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm no math whiz but nothing there just doesn't seem to add up. Everything there at the track every year (nearly) goes up in price but the rewards for showing up there just doesn't pan out (imho).
Jim they won't anytime soon either. The days of almost racing for a living are done. When promoters paid based on a percentage of the gate, and you could run reasonably unsophisticated cars three nights a week (or more), you could do well. Those that compete now do it out of passion me thinks.

Besides, just to go in and help with the cars is a cost in itself. I know I personally do not go to the track much, if at all, due to financial constraints. I'm not sure how you guys do it; but I only wish I could show my support.
I pick and choose what shows I attend locally. For instance, 30 Lap DP Blunderbust show? I'm there. Same for a Modified show with some distance to it (or a tour visit). My girlfriend digs the Sunday shows, so we make a few of those too. I backgate hardly ever anymore. (nobody wants my help anyways....) The rest of the time I explore tracks I've always wanted to go to or that I've traveled to and enjoyed as money permits. Next road trip? Jennerstown for the tour on the 17th and E-town the following day. My Father's day present to myself if you will. Like you, though, I wish I could do more.

WEEZER
06-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Hey ART, I'll take your help, I've always enjoyed your interesting input on ANY mechanical question anybody has posted on the JAM and you've put in your two cents worth, which I've found to be mostly accurate and helpful, so if you don't mind me picking your brain (or anybody else who reads this and can help), I have a 87 Monte SS 5.0 liter computer controlled engine, building for the stock 8cyl enduro's. If I remove the EGR solenoid and plate, the intake to clean up the intake, and make it a little easier to see the intake area, will the computer go into LIMP mode, or whatever, due to not seeing a signal from the EGR? Obviously, I don't won't to take away any hp advantage, but the EGR is huge. If there is anything else I could eliminate, please tell. Eventually I'll get rid of the computer, but only when the $$ allow.
Thanks.

LongIslandJam
06-07-2006, 07:52 PM
Just an update on one driver...

Rob Valone, driver of the #34, informed me he will be out there this weekend. He had some set up issues on opening night and didn't want to hold up the field. Then he got sick for a few weeks, and he will be back this week.

Also the #74 of Carl Rackoff will be out with Roger Maynor...

Expect a bigger field this week;)