PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Memorial Meltdown.............

richardpetey
06-02-2006, 12:06 AM
Another NEETS gala weekend but without the moisture from above, lets turn up the heat............. :drool:
The only moisture seemed to be inside my flamesuit................... ;)
I missed the test/tune session, but I hear it was a loose event................ :p
But the pit party tightened everybody right up!.......................... :-B
Gotta give Lisa a big hand for being a good sport, the latex lip-balm she installed on the rubbermaid trouser tool was a sight to behold............ :eek:
Credit a good showing by Mr and Ms Winky, they probably will never look at a plunger and a roll of toilet paper the same again, hehe.............. :help:
Good to see Joe Cooper (JC Enduro) #29 back on the track again and many thanks for that lap money................ :)
The 4-cyl. race also marked the return of the "Willy Ever Wynn" 2/10 machine of Mike Odwazny, he wrecked the car in record time and was back in the announcers booth with Geno before the small car race ended.................. :rolleyes:
The TRUX race was an all "Peaseman"(#20) show as he hammered the field from the green, leaving Rob McCormick(#17x) and John Cozza(#5) battling it out for 2nd and 3rd respectively...................... :D
The 4-cyl. red-flag contest went to Ollie Stewart(#x3) as he celebrated his win with a Polish victory lap, leaving the next two positions to Joe Sherman(#29) and Bob Hager(#38)................. :lol:
The big car bragging rights went to Ray Fitzgerald(#16x), followed closely by Tim Pauch(#5) and Sundays Riverhead Grand Enduro winner Bobby Pease(#20) ............................... :applause:
The pole position was taken by the #1 Racin Rich's Enduro car driven by his wife Cindy during the big-car parade laps it was a great tribute to a real Enduro Icon................. :cool:
I know the constant lead changes and door to door racing made Jr. Johnson smile down on us from heaven...................... O:)
Thanks to Cindy Johnson(Constant Performance) and her family for sponsoring a wonderful race......................... :applause:
Finally, you know I gotta thank all my NEETS family, especially the peeps that helped me recover from my little after race overheating problem............. :eek:
UNCLE PETEY........................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

BlingxBling
06-02-2006, 01:47 AM
I was waiting for your post Uncle Petey! It has been slightly quiet on the boards this week. I had a fabulous weekend of racing. The weather could not have been more beautiful. Sunday evenings pit party will go down as another fun time. A good crowd of people, yummy food, and a surplus of alcoholic beverages. I do agree that Winky's will not look at a plunger and a roll of TP the same way ever again. Always a fun time to see new faces in the party games. The Mac Brothers Racing is the group to beat for those games, although they did not participate in this past group of games. After collecting up my sibling :mad: , I finally left the track at 7:30am and was back before the racing started on Monday. This is a first, usually I would have to drag my hungover and slightly intoxicated behind out of bed and arrive at the track a few laps into one of the events.

I held back a few tears as I saw Cindy driving Rich's car for the wave laps. Cindy you are a much stronger person than I could ever be! Rich would have been so proud. I have no doubt that he was watching us all from above. A few days prior I had seen the pre-registered cars and feared the holiday weekend would put a damper on the car counts. Boy was I wrong! The big cars were up first. Not even a crushing a car and making him start from scratch could slow down Fitz. He didn't win easily, from the start, Uncle Petey, your car was like a rocket. Those last few laps will get you every time. Your win will come soon enough. I am just glad everyone was able to stay hydrated and healthy on such a blazing hot day. The little breaks in between helped for us grand standers as well who needed to refuel on water and still didn't miss a lap in the race.

The Trux were entertaining as always. I can't wait until this class brings in the numbers like the other two enduro divisions do. I have to familiarize myself with these drivers. It's a given that I know who Bobby Pease is and of course Erin Bartley, but the remaining just do not ring a bell. In due time I will conquer the name, face, and number ordeal.

82 cars taking the green for the 4-cylinders!! I had no doubt in my mind a red flag would be flying within a lap or two. What is a race without a car on its side? The conjestion of cars prohibited me from seeing who it was, but I am glad they walked away uninjured. Part of the White's clan didn't have the opportunity to complete the day as they were collected in racing incident. Joe Groholski would have easily claimed the win, except a flat tire prevented him from maintaining full speed and allowed the second place car to pass him for the win. A new face in victory lane is always a great time. Especially someone like Ollie Stewart. Throughout the entire race I took notice to a driver that deserves mentioning, and that is Gwen Sakowski. This car took a lickin and kept on tic'n. There were many of times she was in a position on the track that could have collected a few cars and made for a scary sight, but she slid through the infield, tapped the wall, or tossed it in reverse just to keep going. Had it been me, I would have froze, the out come would of have been a totaled car and a trip in the ambulance. Way to go Gwen on a good race!

I just wanted to say Congrats to Ray, Bobby, and Ollie. I have my fingers crossed that I will be able to make the July race. Chances are I will be ready to bust, especially since it is a few days from my due date.