PDA

View Full Version : Try This On For Size

IDRIVEALARGECAR
06-05-2006, 12:23 PM
Hey L.I. Late Model Racers,
I recently moved here to the Lake Norman Area of North Carolina and Man is the weekly Late Model Racing at the 2 tracks close to my Home awsome. not only do they have amazing purses they have at Hickory raceway a different format than i have ever seen. they have 100 lap 2 tire shows that pay the winner $1000.00 and 4 tire 150 lap shows that pays the winner $1250.00. GoodYear 2602 tires are $129.00, purple Sunoco $5.75 gal, and $25.00 entry with a Nascar license and what a show they put on at Hickory. Then I went with a friend I met here to Concord Motorsport park and it was almost the same, except 100 lapers pay $1500.00 to win and 150 lap pays $2000.00 and almost every weekend show is either 100 or 150 laps. I was totally impressed after all these years seeing the LMs at Riverhead getting $400.00 to 450.00 to win. I was also impressed at the way they move the shows along and the way they enforce the erratic driving by whomever I saw. The points leader at Concord got sent to the rear for rough riding, then he calmed down and finished 4th, so if anyone gets a chance to get down here, bring your cars, it might be worth the trip. The N.C. area is awesome where I am and we are never more than 2 hrs away from any kind of racing we choose to see. I thought I would just share this with you racers from L.I. Thanks Joey C.
Hey Mighty Mike, come visit and bring the car.

Mike Fields
06-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Billy, I hope they run the Late Models when we go down to the Shootout. We already have our reservations made.

W. J.
06-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Joey,

Glad to see you've had a chance to see racing at Concord Motorsports Park. We've covered the last two North-South Shootouts, and I find the place to be an awesome place to see any racing, but especially Modifieds, both WMT and Sunoco Mods. Late Models added to the show would be great, let's hope they do it. Looking forward to this November, see you there.

IDRIVEALARGECAR
06-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Walt, I even went to East Lincoln Speedway for the dirt races at that local track and they were awesome. I think they are going to have a complete Late Model Shootout like the N.S. and believe me, it will be a show. Buy 2 tires and win a grand for a 100 lap weekly show, that rocks, and the car counts are good. I think there were 28 LMS at Concord that night and 21 at Hickory. Lots of up and coming Cup kids in all divisions, but it is what it is. I still miss the 'Head because it is a one of a kind show without a doubt. Peace people and be well, see ya at the shoot out. Joey C.

allhailunc
06-06-2006, 05:54 AM
It all boils down to "incentives' and i don't see that nohow-nowhere-tire money,tow money-good purses-all gone the way of the $1.99 gallon gas-even incentives to get more heinies in the seats would be a great idea(25$ a carload-student/senior citizen discounts-whatever)-management should be happy that there are still some true "die-hards"(turn 2 crew&the Turn 1 cowboys that like their Miller beer )that show up every week :(

IDRIVEALARGECAR
06-06-2006, 09:45 AM
$12.00 adult, $5.00 kids under 12 at Concord, and I think Hickory was the same. I don't remember because I didn't have to Pay at either track. I was on a guest Pass into the pits both Nights. Joey C.

sround
06-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Whats the name of the town your living in in N.C.?...... Thinking about moving to N.C. in the near future!......

IDRIVEALARGECAR
06-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Hello Sround, I live in Denver N.C. it is on the North West side of Lake Norman and hasn't yet been developed like the other side ie: Mooresville, Huntersville, Davidson, Cornelius, and not as upscale as the Sherrills Ford Area, but where I am is very rural and Farm Country, Horses and Cows all around. The Taxes are very low here also compared to other countys around, so that was a big reason for the move to this side of the Lake. Without a doubt, you will like it here, especially if you ride a Motorcycle as I do. Hours of traffic free riding and very few stop signs or lights. 1 1/2 hrs from the Blue Ridge Parkway and Smokey Mtn's... Joey Colicchio

sround
06-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the info!.... I'm really thinking more and more about moving down there to get away from the high prices here on the island!!! Not sure where I'm thinking about yet, but all I hear is nothing but good about N.C. Gotta talk to a friend first about where he's moving because he would be my boss if I move!!! :) So00o, like I said, thanks for the info and enjoy N.C.
Chris Lescenski