PDA

View Full Version : Gate attendant Jimmy Anderson's Last Week

LongIslandJam
06-05-2006, 07:58 PM
The guy that everyone in the pit knows, pit gate attendant, Jimmy Anderson (the shorter pit attendant), will be retiring this Saturday after many decades of service to the Long Island Racing community.

Jimmy will be moving down South to retire and this weekend will be his last at Riverhead.

It's been suggested that for those who are willing (it's not required), let us give Jimmy a momento for his final night serving the Long Island Racing scene (maybe a race team t-shirt, signed driver card, etc.).

However, at the very least, let us all wish him the best in his retirement!

Charlie's Angel
06-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the heads up JA. Jimmy will be missed. I love that guy.

Rubbin&Racin
06-08-2006, 01:11 PM
:wave: Just wanted to wish Jim Anderson at the back gate lots of luck. Jim as many of you know will be leaving to start a new life in Florida and I just wanted to wish him all of life's happiness. Jim has been at the back gate for many years and taking our ticket stubs, hugging all the ladies, hanging with Cowboy (Fred) and wishing all the drivers luck each night as they walked in the gate to start another night of racing. So, as you go in the gate this wkend wish our Jim good luck and Jim.....thanks for all the hugs and good wishes all the years we raced at Riverhead. Have a safe trip, happy unpacking and keep in touch. We love ya our friend.
Love,
Andy & Jo-
#84 :)

good2go1963
06-08-2006, 05:48 PM
:wave: :wave: Well Jim, you already know I am wishing you all the best. I will miss seeing you on my return trips home to NY! Hope you and Miss Kitty >^..^< have a safe trip and a great new life in Florida. Thanks for always greeting us with a smile!
Mary B :wave:

hollywoodmic
06-09-2006, 02:43 PM
Jimmy and Fred are like Abbott & Costello, once one was gone it just wasn't the same. I will miss Jimmy Anderson one of the real good people in all of LI auto racing. Best of luck Jimmy you'll be missed.
Steve Halpin

Modracin07rh
06-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Jim

you know how much I love Ya and will miss ya..... Thanks for all the great memories. I most of all will miss those hugs. You have been a great friend to me for all the years I have been coming to the track. Good luck with everything and the move. but above all have a safe trip to your new castel down south. We will all miss that great smile we all got to see at the back gate. There is no one in this world that could ever replace you! Remember what I said. As soon as the computters unpacked e-mail me. But call as soon as you arrive safely. Don't worry I'll keep Cowboy (Fred) in line for ya!

Love Hugs N Kisses ;)
your friend forever
Annette
Team Manager 17x modified

P.S REMEMBER THE SPIKES! :cool:

MonaLisa5869
06-09-2006, 07:08 PM
Jimmy,
The track won't be the same with out you! Who will scare me half to death when I 'm doing my count for the 13hundredth time (on a Sunday) in stand 1:)
Have a safe and uneventful trip and enjoy the sunshine (send some up our way if you can!) Take care of the kitty and hope to see you soon for a visit!

Danielle

Modracin07rh
06-09-2006, 07:37 PM
Jimmy,

Coming in the pits will not be the same after your gone! who will yell at us for being late? Good luck with your move and have a very safe trip to the Sunshine State.

From the 17x Modified Team :cool: :cool:

Danny (Spot) Szczepanik
Andrew (AJ)
Rusty Turbush
Jen, Ali & Brandon Turbush
Tom Blydenbergh
Sharon Blydenberg
Capt Ed
and of course me again Annette Knotoff (your friend forever)

Love Ya dude!

KEEP SMILIN: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

modprincess8x
06-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Good luck with the move Jimmy. I'm glad I got to work with you for a few years at the back gate, we had some fun times. You'll be missed, it won't be the same walking through the gate the next time we race.

Best wishes,
Keri and the 8x mod team

trigger22
06-10-2006, 09:46 AM
Jimmy - I'm so happy you decided to make this move. Have a great time down in Florida. Say hi to Mickey Mouse for us. Working with you and Fred for 5 years was alot of fun.
Hey, whose going to order food now?
Fred - It's you job now. Christie gets grumpy if she doesn't eat.

Love you lots and will miss you more.

Frank and Judy Bonsignore.

debbie33
06-10-2006, 01:33 PM
It really will not be the same without you at the back gate. The two of you guys are like good cop bad cop. Best of luck and you will surely be missed!!!! Best of luck on your move and new life!!!

BBWIFE
06-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Glad I got to say goodbye to you last night! I wish you nothing but the best in Florida! I will miss you at the back gate...who's gonna bust my chops first thing @ the track now???? LOL We'll surely miss you Jimmy!

Tracy

RickFigure8
06-13-2006, 02:22 AM
Jimmy, I didn't know of your move until just now, so I hope you still get a chance to see this. Many good memories going back to the Islip days and later in the mid 80's when I stored stuff in your trailer while doing the P.A. system out here. I wish you the best, and like everyone else, will miss seeing you each week.

Rick Swanson

Rubbin&Racin
06-14-2006, 04:47 PM
:applause: So good to hear from you today and to know you made it to Florida safe and sound. Now start :lol: unpacking and we wish you lots of love and remember your only 10 hrs away from us. Keep in touch.
Love, Andy & Jo-
#84 :wave:

Tower Man
06-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Well Jimmy, I knew you were around for a long time. But since 1962? WOW!

I remember the Islip days and you at that rolling gate, chasing everyone away when the cars were rolling.

I'd have to say it was great working with you over the years. Even during my return engagements, you would still try to throw me out. Just like at Islip.

As I told you, you need anything, just yell. But stand up so I can hear you.

Joe Larsen