PDA

View Full Version : NEETS/Shaun Burd fund

NEETS-1
06-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Just to let everyone know, NEETS raised $380 cash toward the Shaun Burd fund plus the beautiful childrens clothes and baby item donations from all the NEETS members that were brought to the track on our Memorial day event.
I haven't heard a word from anyone that it was picked up since they recieved it...I just thought a "Thank you" to our members would be nice to hear.

richardpetey
06-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Good job NEETS family! Pretty soon we'll be a non-profit enduro organization..................... :cool:
Don't forget the famous tetanus mobile enduro door with Flemington marks still on 'er, ready for the big auction.................... :eek:
Of coarse! I'll autograph it for the new proud owner................. :drool:
You NEETS people are something else....the only problem you ain't solved yet is fuel prices, hehe................... :confused:
UNCLE PETEY.................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

NEETS-1
06-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Petey, as you know, but not many others....NEETS helps a different charity each and every event with cash plus member donations of needed items. We just don't blow our horn about it as others do to get recognition. We just do it for the love of helping. The "Thank You's" are more than enough to make us feel good. The NEETS members are the best in the world. I hope some day they'll get recognized for their help because they deserve all the credit.
Here is a partial list of who we are helping this year;
Battered women/children
No Kill Animal Shelters
Shaun Burd Burn Fund
Checkered Dreams
Veterans
Ronald McDonald house
Toys for Tots
There are more, but I can't think of them right now. I just know that these are not the only things our members help with. Whenever a NEETS member has trouble or suffered a loss, they are the first ones to ask what they can do....and do it!!! I am so very proud of each and every one of them and feel honored to be part of it.

drdestruction
06-07-2006, 02:46 PM
There was a THANK YOU post on the Mountain forum under SHAUN FEST on 5/30 by krt5199. It was a general THANK YOU to EVERYONE. :)

True generosity and compassion doesn't need a thank you,
Knowing that you helped is it's own reward........Dr. D

richardpetey
06-07-2006, 04:45 PM
You couldn't have cited any truer message with your 43rd post..................... :cool:
UNCLE PETEY..................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

krt5199
06-08-2006, 09:03 AM
A thank you from everyone was posted the day after the Memorial Day race. I picked the things up from the office because Erica asked me to in case there were a lot more things that came. Since the space is limited, I took the things over to Shaun Monday night and Mike O asked me to take home the GET WELL SHAUN sign. Also I stated that he loved it. I am only the delivery person. I was asked by Shaun and Kareen to say thank you and I did. I am unable to speak for them unless they ask me to. I AM NOT A FAMILY MEMBER!!! I WILL NOT PUT WORDS IN THEIR MOUTH.
I do apologize for not putting it on the NEETS forum. I did, however, put it on the Mountain Forum. To be honest with you, I never even knew that a separate NEETS forum existed.
For those of you who need it.
Shaun and Kareen loved all the items for the baby and the race for his benefit. The sign is hanging in his living room and he looks at it everyday. He was suprised to hear about Shaunfest and was speechless.
THANK YOU from the Burd Family.

krt5199
06-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Here is what I posted 5/30 the day after the Memorial Day Race. After reading it, I do apologize I didn't come out and say THANK YOU to everyone. I was just letting everyone know how much everything was appreciated from Shaun and Kareen.

Hi everyone
I wanted to let you know that Shaun really had no idea about Shaunfest. We told him about everything last night after we got home from the track. I brought him the "get well soon Shaun" sign, which he loved, and the items for Kareen, she was so suprised. After Shaun looked at the sign, he was speechless. He told me that he thought that "the track" forgot about him. That's when Kareen and I told him about the Shaunfest. I gave him the flyer and he never said a word. I told him that anyone who knows him could never forget about him. I told him that his family at Mountain really does care.
All the hard work that everyone has done will pay off. He will really appreciate it. He looks great and is doing wonderfully. He is now home with Kareen, waiting for the little one to arrive. Any day now. She is due on June 11th, and Shaun told her that if she has it on the day of the Pocono race, she has to name the baby after the track. lol.
I just wanted to let everyone know that Shaun and Kareen loved the things that were done at the track and Shaun can't wait to get back there. I have never seen Shaun speechless until last night. I think he knows now that people really do care, and it is not just his family.
Also, anyone that asked me to tell Shaun and Kareen they said hello, I really tried to remember everyone. They said thanks for thinking about them.