PDA

View Full Version : What Happened to Krispy Kreme??

44Magnum
06-14-2006, 05:46 PM
:confused: I see that the Krispy Kreme ad is still on the scoreboard, and they're still listed as a track sponsor on the Raceway website. Only trouble is, there are no Krispy Kreme stores left on Long Island. Within the last year they have closed stores in East Meadow, Hicksville, Melville and Riverhead. The closest stores are both in Manhattan.

I know some gas stations and convenience stores on L.I. still carry Krispy Kremes, but I wonder where they get them from.

allhailunc
06-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Bob Finan ate them all! :lol:

btgoss
06-14-2006, 09:51 PM
You have to catch some financial news once in awhile, it's all about the "benj-a-mens."

The carb backlash, combined with reckless growth, and the dominance of Dunkin "New Delhi" Donut, have caused Krispy Kreme to retreat back down south.

This happens with "hot franchises" all the time... of course I would like a Sonic on the Island.. or a new Dairy Queen... But think of it this way... you can't walk 30 feet without finding a Starbucks... so that is saying something... what I have no idea.. but it is saying something...

bt

jimmy'z
06-15-2006, 05:56 AM
... of course I would like a Sonic on the Island..

You're not the only one .. :D

BlingxBling
06-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Mmmmm Sonic...I wish one would come to NEPA. We do not have one remotely close, to be honest I usually do not see them until I hit some of the Southern states, yet my cable still has commercials for Sonic, figure that one out. I could understand if my cable company was a country wide company, but it's not, it covers a very small portion of PA. Very upsetting to a pregnant girl who sees a carmel banana split sundae commercial all the time and can't have it... :(

art11758
06-15-2006, 10:51 AM
When I worked in Texas, Sonic was the place to go. Happy eating indeed. I, for one, never indulged in a Krispy Kreme, so I guess I didn't miss anything. And Starbucks just proves that there is an abundance of people that are easily seduced out of their loot.

W. J.
06-15-2006, 11:09 AM
It's surprising since Humpy Wheeler/Bruton Smith are so involved in Sonic that they don't try to get a franchise selling it at race tracks. I can think of a few tracks that could benefit from the quality of their offerings. :)

Jones44
06-15-2006, 12:29 PM
They have Checkers at Daytona (I got screwed when we had the rain delay last year and it cost me close to 40 dollars for 3 meals and 2 chicked nuggets). I'm gonna go across the street and buy 2 large buckets of chicken at KFC and make some $$$. :lol:

allhailunc
06-15-2006, 12:31 PM
sorry bout that one of these days i'll remember to log Jones out before i post :rolleyes: