PDA

View Full Version : A lot of new cars

Mortgage Guy
06-18-2006, 08:12 AM
I got there late last night but did notice some new and different cars there can anyone tell me who they were?

44- This one I think is Wally Schweizer, but what division?

22- I guess it is a midget but who?

10- Associated with Jim Becht, but who drives it and where does it race?

11BB- That orange car, I know who was driving it last night but who's car was that??

Thanks

W. J.
06-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Okay, here goes:

44- Hooter's Cup North car

22- Kyle Bonsignore's midget

37 James M Becht's Pro Stock, and he is the driver

11 BB Mike Romenney's new car, his old one was raced as #0.

And Tim, please don't be late again, or disciplinary action wil have to be taken, LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mortgage Guy
06-18-2006, 08:44 PM
I will do my best, but where did Romenney get that car from, it had a nice look to it and I was not sure where it came from. Thanks for all of the other info Walter.

W. J.
06-18-2006, 09:14 PM
Sorry, I don't know if Mike built it or bought it. :-|

RacinRob
06-18-2006, 09:25 PM
from the pics it looks like the new rommeny car is the old 31 of tony puckett, but I could be wrong.

unowho243
06-19-2006, 12:16 AM
Yeah rob i thought the same thing.

LEAD LAP
06-19-2006, 11:58 AM
When did Riverhead start running Hooter's Cup North, Midgets, and Pro Stock classes ?????

I must have missed the announcement of the new divisions. Does anyone know ???

The Bullfather
06-19-2006, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Hooter Pro Cup Event once a year with the backing of Hooters on Long Island, to bring people in! Also once a year midget race would be cool, everyone love midgets, their so cute. (place own joke here!) Also they seem to run better then in 20 years ago when they need a push start every other lap. Pro Stock, we have the Late models, let's work on that!

EVERYONE GOES TO HOOTERS FOR THE WINGS.............YEAH RIGHT!!!

RGeeProductions
06-19-2006, 01:10 PM
When did Riverhead start running Hooter's Cup North, Midgets, and Pro Stock classes ?????

I must have missed the announcement of the new divisions. Does anyone know ???
Riverhead has always let other track/division cars run at warmups. They are not in competition, they just give them an opportunity to run hot laps during pre race warmups.

LEAD LAP
06-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Well, I guess it's great that the Track officials have all this extra time on their nightly schedule to allow cars from outside tracks and divisions get in some practice laps. When we ask for an extra couple of practice laps, we're told "tough s---", (unless, of course, your one of the chosen few).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what was the same-old answer at the winter meeting, when it was asked if the feature for some of the classes could be increased by 5 or 10 laps. Was it: "because there isn't enough time"???

While I'm on the subject of time, that new "Victory Circle", you know, the one that was going to speed up the nightly progress, looks a lot like the old one.

The Bullfather
06-19-2006, 01:52 PM
9:22 pm, seemed to end early to me this week!

LongIslandJam
06-19-2006, 02:06 PM
Here's some insight to this dilemma...

For a family show, the ideal time they shoot for is a 3 hour show. 6pm-9pm is perfect...

For those who want more practice, Sundays are a good option as they often allow that with no issues. For Super Pro Trucks, who often run on Sundays, bring your truck out on a off Saturday and they will let you practice.

RGeeProductions
06-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Well, I guess its great that the Track officials have all this extra time on their nightly schedule to allow cars from outside tracks and divisions get in some practice laps. When we ask for an extra couple of practice laps, we're told "tough s---", (unless, of course, your one of the chosen few).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what was the same-old answer at the winter meeting, when it was asked if the feature for some of the classes could be increased by 5 or 10 laps. Was it: "because there isn't enough time"???

While I'm on the subject of time, that new "Victory Circle", you know, the one that was going to speed up the nightly progress, looks a lot like the old one.
There is no EXTRA time as you mention usually during the night. Prerace warmups are in the afternoon before racing begins and do not affect the racing schedule. I have also seen single cars get a warmup alone between other classes, heck, even seen them run in the back of race warmup laps, out of division.

When all classes run, there is no set time. I have seen 9:30 and have seen 11pm and later. You can not set when you can finish, depends on the nights events [accidents/winners circle]. I think the track is doing a fine job of keeping good time and most do prefer an early night.

On the first night, it was told to all teams, keep it short and light on people and we will keep all on the track. So far most have abided. And has made early nights, so not sure what your issue is there.

LEAD LAP
06-19-2006, 04:41 PM
The "issue" is as written. It's hilarious to hear all these big ideas and plans barked out at the meeting, few of which actually come to fruition.

Then, when all that's talked about is "time constraints" this and "time constraints" that, they FIND extra time to let outside cars go out for some track time. If the afternoon schedule allows for extra time, it should go to the regulars. If the evening or Sunday schedule allows for extra time, they should lengthen some of the features (if that's what the drivers want). That's all. Sorry, I guess I don't get it.

Mortgage Guy
06-19-2006, 07:00 PM
The last 3 times I have been to the track, the latest the show was over was 9:35pm. They changed the format so the Figure 8's don't sit and wait all night (which I think is for the better) and they have always been good with letting outside cars come in and run some practice. Most of those guys put there own money in to race at Riverhead over the years, they only get about 5-7 laps anyway, and we are still getting home nice and early. As far as you LEAD LAP, have you ever been denied extra practice time if you had a problem early in the night?? I have always thought that they have been very fair with letting cars back out if needed.

Gravel
06-19-2006, 07:36 PM
Getting back to the point at hand, Rommeney's car is the old Mark Wolf #66.

LongIslandJam
06-19-2006, 07:37 PM
Who drove the newly renumbered #0?

Golf Guy
06-19-2006, 08:50 PM
I am not getting into the debate on extra laps, but I have been to every race this season and time has not been an issue. If not for the "intermissions" and 1 team train race and go cart practice we would have been over just about every week by 8:30.

Mortgage Guy
06-21-2006, 12:37 AM
From the photos, it looked like one of the nicest guys was in the pit area, Mr. Jimmy White of Hampton Fleet Service, but I could be wrong.

maestri fan 1
06-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Who is the driver of the #44 Hooters Pro Cup car?

allhailunc
06-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Hooters? Who's got hooters? I know who the driver is. :rolleyes:

W. J.
06-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Wally Schweitzer is the driver of the Hooter's Cup North #44.