PDA

View Full Version : Hush Hush

figure849
06-22-2006, 07:21 PM
No one wants to talk about the fact that only two figure 8 cars were sold f45 tires this past week, and they finished first and second. While the rest of the division were on the legal tires for figure 8 f75's. Now the talk is making the f 45's legal possible this week.
If that is the case, then those two cars should be one week behind to even things out. Fair is fair. Just my opinion.

figure849
06-22-2006, 08:45 PM
The 49 will be the pace car for the Ernie Maynor Memorial this Saturday, if the weather holds up.
Stop by and welcome me to the area. I also have Ernie's car, that is next to be restored.

W. J.
06-22-2006, 09:15 PM
These above messages should be PM's not posts. Either we get back to the original subject, or the thread will be DELETED!

racerwife
06-22-2006, 09:37 PM
My understanding was that JYD ran out of tires for our division and sold the other tires (Charger tires) in their place. They cost $4.00 less than our tires, and have a softer compound, so they stick better. However... based on that information and talking with some of the Charger teams, the tires don't last as long as our regular tires do. For those teams out there that have financial sponsorship or donated tires from JYD, this doesn't really concern them. For all the rest of us, it means having to buy tires sooner and maybe not even being able to use the old ones as a spare in case of a flat or worse. Maybe that doesn't matter to most of you, $16.00 in your pocket instead of JYD, but to me, it means having to buy tires sooner.
Be careful what you wish for and think of the entire division before accepting this from Denniston. The car counts have been lousy for us already. Try not to add more expenses, on top of what is already there, to those already running and the guys who haven't been out yet.
Not everyone is sponsored financially...

figure849
06-22-2006, 09:38 PM
So how about the advantage of running on much softer tires

figure849
06-22-2006, 09:45 PM
The trucks run on these tires, from what I have heard, you can get three weeks out of them.
What bothers me is there was no announcement last week that they were available to us all. Which would have put us ALL on an even playing ground.

RacinRob
06-22-2006, 09:47 PM
I work on an SPT crew and you can stretch 3 weeks on those tires, but you CAN'T be competitive, they are terrible after 2 weeks.

racerwife
06-22-2006, 09:49 PM
Tell me where the advantage is... we already have some cars that walk away from the field on our regular tires.. we now need to give them more grip and handle... what's the point in even trying to be somewhat competitive...just give the trophy to them and let's not race at all. I thought this was about drivers skill and ability, than having a car that runs and works well. We all know that we are out powered... at least have the rest of us have a small chance at a top 5. As I said before... this may not make a difference to those that are sponsored, but will for everyone else that isn't. Everyone else now has to try to play catch-up again and buy different tires to try and keep up. That may just break the bank for a few teams.

Fkraft99
06-23-2006, 11:48 PM
If I remember correctly the same two cars finished first and second the week before on the fig 8 tires. If any figure eight driver went to buy tires last week, they were told there were none and the chargers tires were being substituted. Drivers were not picked or chosen to use these tires. Maybe the advantage these drivers had were their new McBetts engines.

loving74
06-24-2006, 02:45 AM
What's done is done. Move on! Can't fix what is aready done. Let it go!

fisherman
06-25-2006, 07:07 PM
thats one reason car counts are way down change the fair playing grounds on a weekly basis the top 5 cars will be running in the next town why the other 8 cars are 5laps down put the 8 slower cars better tires then top5 cars then maybe you can have arace

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
06-26-2006, 12:27 AM
YES Fred, you are right and I don't think that the Charger tire got them to finish 1 and 2.
But, when I went up there to buy tires at the end of the night, I was told that they only had 8 F-75 Figure 8 tires (at that time or earlier, not sure). OK she also told me that they didn't make a complete set, meaning they didn't measure up the same. I don't really remember how she said it, but it was along the lines like I should just wait till they get new tires. Not saying she told me not to buy Charger tires or Figure 8 tires. I decided not to buy them and wait. Then, after hearing everyone complaining about the fact that only 2 cars got to run on Charger tires, I thought, they could have bought the 8 tires that were there and just make their cars work on the different size tires. But what would have happened if as many guy bought tires as they did the week before? Something like 9 out of 12 cars, 7 guys would have been complaining that they couldn't get tires and that wasn't fair. At least JYD came up with a plan that would have made everyone happy, if everyone was buying tires. It also wasn't JYD's fault Hoosier didn't get their order shipped right.
I think that the Figure 8's should change to the F-45 tires. That way the track would have 3 divisions, Chargers, Trucks and then Figure 8's, running on the same tire and we wouldn't have to worry about running out of tires. With 3 divisions on the same tire, maybe buying in larger bulk, the price of the tire would come down a little. But if that means we would also have turn our tires in at the end of the night, I say, NO WAY!! :disgusted
And D2 I can't believe you only said that!! ;)

loving74
06-26-2006, 02:49 AM
First of all, did anyone think about the people who bought tires the week before to mount them and then scale car at home. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Not everyone buys tires to use the same week they race! Do I agree that this weeks tires were BS, YES I do! Do I think it was unfair, YES, I do! Should everyone have been given the chance to buy charger tires? YES! Is there anything we can do about it now? NOOOOO, We can't! We can all talk till we are blue in the face, but nothing will change. As soon as you people realize it's all about the favorites, and all about who you know, the better off you'll be. Hey D1, How am I doing now? Like this response better? Still got a lot to learn from you if I wanna be as good as you! :help: :lol: Gotta earn that D2 title! :) :applause: :wave:

Fkraft99
06-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Could you explain who these two drivers know at the race track to get their favoritism? Maybe you missed the part where ANY driver that wanted to buy tires that night were told there were none and had the option of using Charger tires. Why blame drivers for being favorites because of the way JYD decided to handle the situation?

The Bullfather
06-26-2006, 05:06 PM
Hey Fred where's your dad in points??? hmmmmmmmmmmm I don't think "said person,your name here" was talking about dear ole' dad. Hows Carl Baxter doing? also? anyone?

figure849
06-26-2006, 05:41 PM
To be fair, I feel we should have been all called together, and told that we ALL COULD RUN the softer tires. I know Roger would have bought them if he had known that George and Tommy had them.

The Bullfather
06-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Point taken, but, Roger also was playing with other stuff on the car to make it transition in the turns better. I don't think the harder tires hurt him, he even told me that George had the car to beat last week. He wants this week's win, the Ernie Maynor Memorial race!

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
06-26-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm not even going to touch the favorite thing. But yes Artie, you're right too, they should have told everyone, even the ones who can't afford to put new tires on every week. But, not sure how true it is, I also heard that they could only run the Charger tires for just that one week.
One other thing Both Tommy and George are good drivers, can't take that away from either of them! Like Fred said before, look at where they finished the week before, when everyone bought tires from the same crappy batch.
Yes, everyone knows Roger wants this race ;) and is the one to beat on the Ernie Maynor Memorial Race. But, the defending race winner is looking to get that race again, too, :applause: Kenny Hyde!

WEEZER
06-26-2006, 09:56 PM
I don't know about the fig 8 gossip BS, except that I love watching them run, especially years back when there was a 22 car field, (better yet, when those few guys from Florida would show up early and camp in the parking lot). Wouldn't it be great if the track figured out a way to get the field back like that? Years ago, it was easy to get a newby at the track to love fig 8 racing, when the action would start at the X, but these days it's not even worth trying, because with 12 cars, how can you expect the field to split out. My hat's off to the drivers who keep it alive, but I think the bottom line falls on the track to make it affordable and attractive to drivers to compete. I couldn't afford it myself, or I would run a fig 8 car. I can barely afford my enduro car!!!

allhailunc
06-27-2006, 06:04 AM
George could run that dam thing blindfolded and without tires. :applause: so could Tommy. As for getting special tires-well that all depends on what one calls special? And yes to that last reply. Bless those guys that are still coming out for every race-while the fields may be shorter than in earlier days(remember the heats on the oval?), these guys make for some of the most exciting racing you'll ever see anywhere. :applause:

loving74
06-28-2006, 04:30 AM
For all those who misunderstood, I did not blame favorites for being who they are. I would just like it to be more fair. As for asking me to name favorites, I don't need to, because they know who they are! Everyone there is good in their own way and that needs to be recognized. One question I have for a few of you is, why is it the everytime I say something, you all bring up Carl Baxter! It ain't got nothing to do with him! Yes I love him, but I really don't say what I say for his benefit, I only say what I say for everyone's benefit! So PLEASE stop bringing his name up, it has nothing to do with him! Hey D1, I miss ya, see ya soon for a lesson, Love D2. lol!

fisherman
06-28-2006, 06:55 PM
hey who,s the favorites gb is gone know? :-B :-B :applause: :wave:

W. J.
06-28-2006, 08:25 PM
hey who,s the favorites gb is gone know? :-B :-B :applause: :wave:
Gee, when's the last time you had something GOOD to say here???

LongIslandJam
06-28-2006, 09:26 PM
I see we're getting away from the original issue.

From the sounds of it, the track had a tire shortage and tried to help out racers with letting them get some new rubber, although albeit a softer compound. Maybe the whole division should have been notified, as that would have eased the controversy.

So let's the put the issue to a close, and move on to next week and learn from this incident.