PDA

View Full Version : What's The Future Of Short Tracks (Asphalt)

modfan#22
06-27-2006, 02:11 PM
It's A Shame That We Can't All Work Together. Two Great Tracks Struggling, Not Enough Cars To Go Around. So What Happens To The Fans? They Suffer, They Pay The Price. It's Just A Shame.

Fisha695
06-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Here is a list what needs to happen for both of these tracks to survive.

1) Work together to make the rules for the modifieds, late models, and the other divisions, the same for each track. They can have diffrent names, but the same rules.

2) Much like Mountain does, where one division has off a week, I think MVS should do the same thing. Only when the Mods are off at Mountain have a big money Mod race at MVS.

3) If one of the tracks gets rained out, the other track should honor the racer's licenses and let them run their home track tires if they want to.

4) While special shows are great, the main emphasis needs to be put on the regular strong weekly show that will draw the core fans, not just peolple that come for special shows.

5) The fans and drivers/crews need to realize that the track is a business, and all businesses have one main goal. MAKE MONEY. If you are one of the people that complain because the purses should be higher, then be prepared to pay more money.

6) Also, I think that it would be awesome if maybe MVS and Mountain could work together for the stock 4c/4thriller class and make it a touring series, where they would run 2 weeks in a row at one track, and then 2 weeks at the other track.

7) YES, BOTH TRACKS CAN RUN ON SATURDAYS!!! I go to MVS more often because I know more people that race there & it's only about 10 min from my house. However, fans will chose which track they want to go to for other reasons. Mountain is in the Northern Tier of Pa and close to NY, while MVS is more to the South and also closer to Wall Stadium in NJ. Bottom line...No matter what kind of show it is, some people only go to certain tracks for their entire life, and won't set foot at a "competing" track. That's just the way it is.

-Josh Fisher-

mcsnoww
06-27-2006, 07:04 PM
Josh, you're beating a dead dog.

W. J.
06-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Josh left out one very important point. NASCAR is now running so many Saturday night TV races that people are staying home to watch them, rather than enjoying the local flavor that can't be found on TV. I recently attended a Saturday night non-NASCAR race, and the announcer reminded the crowd at least 3 times during the evening that "They should thank NASCAR for killing Saturday night racing." (There was a TV race on that night.) I don't think he was wrong, as the crowd seemed much lower than on any of my previous visits there.
I'd rather record the TV races, and watch them later, WITHOUT all the commercials, as I find it more enjoyable that way. Besides, if I stay home, I can't take notes and write about the evenings festivities, LOL!

Geno
06-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Funny you bring that up WJ. Just last week I was telling someone (in a joking kind of way) that we need a screen and one of those projector TV’s at the track. This way fans can watch either race. It might sound funny, but bet it would go over well.

BlingxBling
06-27-2006, 08:35 PM
WJ, that is why god made VCRs. Most people forget that such a thing exsists. This way you get to go to the local track, watch the excitement and then you can find a reason to park your tush on the couch Sunday afternoon. :) Heck you can even rewind it to rewatch a pass or an incident.

richardpetey
06-27-2006, 09:59 PM
After what I've experienced the last couple of weeks............................................. ...... :mad: Short tracks are doing a good enough job of destroying themselves, hehe................ :help:
They don't need NASCARS help.................................. :eek:
UNCLE PETEY...................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

White Lightnin
06-27-2006, 11:00 PM
I can certainly relate to that, Uncle Petey. :wave:

Fisha695
06-27-2006, 11:14 PM
If Nascar "Kills" ShortTrack racing,which it is working on...all it is doing is ensuring itself that it does not have a Future...Because without local racing there would not be any Stars of NASCAR....

Anyway watching Nascar on TV with all its comercials is worst than watching the World cup soccer thingy..lol...

Fisha695
06-27-2006, 11:16 PM
Josh, you're beating a dead dog.

I know but Lauri has banned me from posting on the MVS forum :*-( ...so I've come to the forum of the "other" track...LMFAO :lol:

-Josh-

mcsnoww
06-27-2006, 11:43 PM
Don't worry, I'll be the next one banned from there. Once you get an independent mind and then speak it, you go against the grain and your gonzo. :lol:

Fisha695
06-27-2006, 11:47 PM
And the thing is I wasn't bashing anybody, I was just pointing out the obvious...sure I might have used some sarcasm that went too far...but hey, if you don't like what I have to say, DON'T READ IT!!!...am I right?

-Josh-

Chuck Schartzer
06-28-2006, 09:12 AM
I was heavily involved with the Mod class last year and trying to get MVS & Mountain working together is like asking Christ to come off the cross. Mountain did try its best and get something going a number of different ways, running Fridays, proposing a dual point fund, special races with best overall finish between both tracks and all with no success. I have personally called every Mod driver (I could get a number for) at Mahoning and even though Mountain ran Fridays, still no MVS regs came up, and yes, not many Mountain regs went down either, except Defebo, but maybe it's just a plain old cost factor. Not to mention a lot of people do other things besides race on the week-end. I've been to Daytona and Dover this year and NASCAR isn't even doing that great. MANY empty seats at Dover and at Daytona, I bought tickets at the gate the day of the races!!! So let's not get into this track is better than that track, because they're BOTH great places to race and go watch races. Instead let's all be positive and tell the good about both tracks and it will help all involved in the long run.

Just my opinion--Thanks

W. J.
06-28-2006, 10:25 AM
Good points, Chuck. I was also at Dover, and took a picture of the empty seats in turn 2, just after the start of the race.
See attached picture.

And yes, we should all be doing all we can to keep our local tracks successful. If we don't, NASCAR's Saturday night TV races may be all we have left. :(