PDA

View Full Version : old gas tank

badinplaid
06-28-2006, 10:18 PM
I have a 77 Monte Carlo that has a very rusty gas tank. After every race I had to change the fuel filter, which was always filled with chunks of rust. To solve this I installed a fuel cell. I am wondering if the officials at Riverhead are going to give me a hard time if I leave the old tank on the car so I don't have to figure out what to do with it. I don't think the garbage men will take it. Has anyone come across this problem before? :help:

spier racing 93
06-28-2006, 10:36 PM
ahhh, really should take it out but if not maybe you could just drain all the gas and drill a bunch of holes in the bottom of it? :confused: i dont know how rhead officals are...

NJ Chick
06-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Call your local junkyard and see if they take them. In NJ, if we open them up to show the tank is empty, the junkyards will take them here. :wave:

richardpetey
06-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Just cut the support bands and drag it onto the LIE, after a couple of hundred cars/trucks run it over...the local clean-up crews(inmates) will pick it up for ya.......................... :eek:
Your NY tax dollars at work for you, hehe............... :help:
UNCLE PETEY................. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

W. J.
06-29-2006, 10:00 AM
Just cut the support bands and drag it onto the LIE, after a couple of hundred cars/trucks run it over...the local clean-up crews(inmates) will pick it up for ya.......................... :eek:
Your NY tax dollars at work for you, hehe............... :help:
UNCLE PETEY................. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
LOL-great idea, but we don't let our inmates out to clean the roads, we prefer them to be dirty, I guess. :lol:
In the Town of Islip, as long as the tank has been drained (and rinsed out), they claim all metal trash is picked up on recycling day, Wednesday. I have a small metal table sitting out at the curb since Tuesday night (today is Thursday) that says differently, but give it a try.
As far as your situation, the Town of Hempstead should be more than happy to have something to burn in their incinerator, and the left over metal to recylce. It's a win-win for them, and we all know politicians like those kinds of things, LOL!!!

Bobby Pease
06-29-2006, 03:33 PM
HEY!!!!!!!! That's Inmates with a capitol "I" !!!!!!!!!!!!

CIN
06-29-2006, 04:09 PM
Hey Bobby
I thought they were called "Canadians" ... :D
Cin

fisherman
06-29-2006, 06:42 PM
hey wj suffolk county does have the jailbirds out on the roads cleaning know. the former islip supervisor was out cleaning this week they had news 12 showing the immates at work . new programs that were started recently. :cool: :applause: :wave: :lol:

W. J.
06-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Oh well, since I have satellite and don't have News 12 (I don't like making Cablevision richer), I missed that one. Thanks, fisherman, now I won't think they're escapees, LOL!

Now, about this guys gas tank problem.....

Bobby Pease
06-29-2006, 10:41 PM
OMG Cin!!!!!!!!! SHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhh!! that a secret code word !!

LOL...... for the most part, our Inmates do not clean highways, they clean up Govt properties... (coast guard stations, trooper HQ, etc...)....this publicity thing for McGowan is toooo funny...
:wave:

richardpetey
06-29-2006, 11:11 PM
Hey Bobby? Send me a few for the enduro work release program................. :help:
I'm wrecking 'em faster than I can steal'em (oops! I mean build'em)...................... :eek:
UNCLE PETEY.................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: