PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Night...

Teds Race Tours
07-02-2006, 02:30 PM
...sure lived up to its name last night in the Modified Feature. How many cars were bumping and banging last night? Lets see if I can count them all.

Bill Park and Sal Accardi Jr
Sal Accardi and Wayne Anderson
Tracey Christiansen and Dan Jivanelli

and then there is JR's night
Dave Sapienza and JR before the race even started.
JR and Wayne(Part 10?)
JR and Chris, or I guess I should say Chris Young and JR on the last lap.
JR and Howie Brode
JR and Sal Accardi

I'm sure I forgot some.

All this action in just 50 laps, and for the most part, the bumping and banging did not lead to any serious incidents. They were pretty much just bump and runs, and they sure made for an exciting race. Hard racing and I don't remember a tow truck being used. Thanks to all the Mod drivers for a great night.

W. J.
07-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Hmmm, seems one name stands out here. I wonder why that is???

FLAT OUT
07-02-2006, 04:11 PM
I Guess You Missed The 96 And The 11. The 93 Hit Everything But The Starter Stand And If He Keeps Driving Like That It Most Likely Will Happen...

Teds Race Tours
07-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Nope, the 96 spun the 11 right in front of me. Too much happened to remember it all.

nitros77
07-02-2006, 07:07 PM
I don't know if that 93 is a miss print for a 96, but if it is intended for me, here it is. Flat out, you saw the race I guess, and if you think I hit everything except the flag stand, you did not see the same race I was in. Yes, I hit JR only after he sent me down the straightaway faster than a 300mph dragster. So I showed my displeasure with him and he deserved anything I gave back to him. I won't put up with that sh !!. As for Bill, so he claims, I hit him when Lia was on his outside, so he got pissed off. You all know Bill, you rough him up and he doesn't like it. Oh well, too bad. So when I went to cleanly pass him on the outside, he tries stuffing me into the wall.again i'm not gonna take that.as for wayne racing against him is the best that was just short track racing and he will say the same ask him and he will tell you the same.Think what you want and buy a mod and come join us and you will be written about to.and by the end of the night we all kissed and made up lol till next week .S.A

modified_fan
07-02-2006, 08:35 PM
Its hard to find fault with Sal. The man is coming into his own as a mod driver at Riverhead, which not all newer drivers do. Tis a pleasure seeing our car racing yours, bud.

It was GREAT that not only was this an impound race, but that tires HAD to be put on in the IMPOUND area before time trials. Anyone can draw any conclusion they want from that statement, but my hat is off to the track officials for that decision.

WJ....one name....~LOL~.....should we be surprised? I guess he gets a little frustrated, but to be so careless as to hit Sap BEFORE the race while cleaning his tires???

W. J.
07-02-2006, 08:40 PM
WJ....one name....~LOL~.....should we be surprised? I guess he gets a little frustrated, but to be so careless as to hit Sap BEFORE the race while cleaning his tires???

Don't get me wrong, I'm not picking on him by any means, it just struck me as ironic that his name came up in the post so often, just as it did with most of the Mod drivers I spoke with last night.
Maybe we should have the mods equipped with magnesium bumpers, so that they shoot sparks when contact is made, LOL!?

Ace
07-04-2006, 09:02 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not picking on him by any means, it just struck me as ironic that his name came up in the post so often, just as it did with most of the Mod drivers I spoke with last night.

WJ, did any of the mod drivers mention that the 2 was LIGHT on the scales before time trials, I believe added fuel and got to go over the scales a 2nd TIME? :disgusted :mad:

Sal, you're doing a great job out there.

Speaking of the 96, I WAS surprised that he turned the 11x on what, lap 2 or 3 of a 50 LAP DP race. I'm pretty sure the race ISN'T won in the 1st couple of laps. I dont understand these PART TIME racers coming to RHD and messing with the top point guys. If you're faster, go around him, NOT THRU HIM!!

Congratulations Tom Rogers Jr and crew on your win. :applause: :applause:

wayne
07-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Thanks Ace, Was Waiting For Someone To Bring That Up ! Lol .AND SAL YOU HAVE COME A LONG WAY,KEEP UP THE GOOD DRIVING .

W. J.
07-04-2006, 09:43 AM
WJ, did any of the mod drivers mention that the 2 was LIGHT on the scales before time trials, I believe added fuel and got to go over the scales a 2nd TIME? :disgusted :mad:

Yes, that was mentioned.

Mortgage Guy
07-04-2006, 10:09 AM
I think it is usually very entertaining to watch JR come through the field cleanly, which doesn't happen very often but when it does it is great. That being said I could not take my eye of him all night to see if anyone would give him a taste of his own medicine and the great Mod drivers did not disappoint. A lot of times he moves you and you can't get back to him but not Saturday. Sal it was great that you showed that angry side, being too kind on the track all the time will get you run over when you don't expect it, keep up the good work. The thing I did find amusing was how he stopped short in front of Sal on the front stretch to show his displeasure with the way he was roughing him up, and when Chris Young used JR for his brakes in 3 and 4 for the final lap, he almost drove over him in turn 1 after the finish.. Maybe a little of that will make him use his head more when passing people. I'm sure he did not like it and now, hopefully he will think twice before driving through someone, instead of around them.

hollywoodmic
07-05-2006, 02:38 PM
I had a great night!!! Hung out in turn 2, it was awesome. I loved that the drivers did a little 'give what you get to each other', but not enough to wreck racecars. I though Chuck's deal was unfortunate, perhaps he'll catch a break this year. I just caught the end of it, so I really don't have a comment. The JR deal, I thought for sure he would win the race. It seems the past few races the other drivers are making him earn each position instead of just being intimidated and getting out of his way. I also think JR used Sal up a little bit when he was passing him, he didn't wreck him though. That's why I liked what Sal did, end result.......he didn't wreck him. Great job by Tommy Rogers and the Pig as well, those two put on a great show finishing 1 and 2. Nice run by Donny Lia to come from 10th. That's why you can't stay away from this place when it come to the Modifieds.....I can tell 10 more stories about this race and they'd all be as good as the 1st. Great job by all the drivers and crews.

ModChamp2002
07-05-2006, 09:58 PM
The last time I checked, giving a shot to someone off the corner normally means that you are clearly faster than them... I've got no problem going to the outside, but when you get pushed into the marbles, there's not really much you can do. So now let's get back to it, that's when the horn comes into effect. Unlike all the other drivers that night, I had to come from the back and use up all my tires to give everybody a run for their money. Sal was within 2 positions of where he started, while I had to come up 15 cars to catch him and race him. I have no problem racing with any anybody, but if you want to play games, I'm all for it. (Normally I win at that game) and as for Wayne Anderson, I didn't mean to turn him when the caution came out, I just wanted to say sorry and thanks for giving me the racing room. Unlike some other people on the track, I'm not here to make friends, if you haven't figured that out yet..... sooo let's go racin, if that's what you wanna call it.

From the Duece himself