PDA

View Full Version : Case closed? (Multiple Threads Merged)

fastgal
07-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Apparently, there was still a issue and if the "issue" is still gonna happen, perhaps as I suggested, there should be a weight penalty to make up for it. I think it is a valid point for discussion. Remember, it happened 2 weeks in a row.

RickFigure8
07-02-2006, 11:48 PM
If this "issue" is the use of the charger tires nothing will be done because when we took these tires, because they had run out of ours, we were told we could only buy four, but are allowed to run them as long as we wish.

Rick

LongIslandJam
07-03-2006, 08:15 AM
Indeed! And you've got to realize, TK was on two-week old tires.

There was also a Figure 8 drivers meeting to discuss this. That's why we opted to close the other thread.

It was discussed last week. And the drivers had their shot to discuss it this week with track officials.

figure849
07-03-2006, 04:53 PM
My hats off to George for doing the right thing.
The 28 crew was busy changing a blown rear when this meeting took place. I'm not saying Kraft can't win on the same tires everyone else has to use. I would be very surprised to see him run three week old tires, I don't believe he has since getting the new sponsor. So maybe it is over with the damage done.
I have been out of town since Saturday night's race, so not sure what may have happened to close the thread. Just had more to say.
I see no reason to stop people from saying how they feel on the Jam, not attacking anyone.
D3

Fig8 T.K.
07-03-2006, 09:08 PM
First of all I went to the Hoosier truck with the intentions of buying Fig 8 tires. When I was told there were no more and I could buy Charger tires, my first question was, "How long can I run them?" I never buy tires that I think I can only use for one night. (With or without sponsorship money.) I was told I could use them as long as I wanted. Can any driver tell me what they would have done differently than I did? I did not have any idea who already bought them or who was going to buy them after me. The only reason I was buying tires again was because the tires I bought the week before were junk. Other drivers I spoke to after the race and during the week felt they were a bad batch of tires. I think the Charger tires felt better than those tires, but no different than the ones I bought opening night.

Tom Kraft

W. J.
07-03-2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks for that info, Tom, I'm sure it clears up a lot of the questions that have been asked on this subject, and who better to do that than one of the drivers who had the experience. Thanks again. :)

modified_fan
07-03-2006, 09:39 PM
Forgive me for butting in.........but......Hats off to Mr. Kraft on that win.

You, George and Roger put on one hell of a show that thrilled that big crowd!

fastgal
07-03-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm sorry for making more of a problem about it, but the other thread was completely gone and I didn't get to read all of the answers of what happened. When you talk to 5 different people, you get 6 answers. :rolleyes: . I am happy the answers were put forth in a civil manor, thanks.

LongIslandJam
07-03-2006, 10:02 PM
That's why I reopened this thread...

We need clarification from Tommy... Thank you Tommy for answering...

Tommy ran on two week old tires. Hoosier tried to make do with what they had two weeks ago with a limited quantity of Figure 8 tires. It wasn't going to please everyone, but at least it was a solution.

On that note, I think this is put to rest.

loving74
07-04-2006, 03:17 AM
(It) Just seems funny to me that everytime we talk about the tires, the case is always closed! (It) Just seems funny to me that the story just keeps changing! Makes me wonder what (the) real truth is! You can all believe what you want, but I believe it's all BS!

Fkraft99
07-04-2006, 04:25 AM
jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez we gonna have to hear about this all year??

figure849
07-04-2006, 08:40 AM
Well, when you were told that there were no f75's, and that you could buy the 45's and run them as long as you want, did anyone mark that set of tires, or did you have to hand them in at the end of the night? So how do we know that the tires used this week are not scuffs off a SPT or Charger. My guess is you have an open invitation to run a set of f45's forever. But once again, I'm sure this thread is closed /if not totally erased.

W. J.
07-04-2006, 09:53 AM
No Artie, the thread is still open. I guess we will beat this 'dead horse' for some time to come, LOL!!! :lol:

figure849
07-04-2006, 10:18 AM
Nascar Dodge weekly series 2006 rule book
Page 46
20f-10.8.2
c.the same tire must be made available to each competitor

So, that being said, I feel every figure 8 team has at least one set of f45 tires to be made available to them.
As far as "beating this dead horse", until every competitor has their two weeks of f45'S, THIS SEASON HAS BEEN TAINTED.

Fig8 T.K.
07-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Hey, thanks for the idea. I never thought of being able to run the charger tires forever. I figured last week was my last week on the tires I bought. I do not have a problem with other cars being on the charger tires for two weeks. Artie, you are welcome to come to my car the next time we race and take my charger tires. This way, you can be sure I am no longer running them.

figure849
07-04-2006, 01:10 PM
I guess that would bring everything back to an even playing feild Tommy,
Now all we have to do is get the track to agree.
I'm not saying you cant win with out the advantage. as far as you not already having had that idea, then you must be slipping a bit.

W. J.
07-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Nascar Dodge weekly series 2006 rule book
Page 46
20f-10.8.2
c.the same tire must be made available to each competitor

So, that being said, I feel every figure 8 team has at least one set of f45 tires to be made available to them.
As far as "beating this dead horse", until every competitor has their two weeks of f45'S, THIS SEASON HAS BEEN TAINTED.
Uh, this should be brought to the attention of NASCAR/TRACK OFFICIALS, not us, we don't make or enforce any rules at Riverhead. :confused:

fisherman
07-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Hey 49 you seem to have slipped up. Tommy has won races with under funded teams, not to mention he drives a good car thaT YOU CUOLDV,E BOUGHT, BUT THOUGHT WAS NO GOOD. SO YOU ORDER (ought to??) JUST REALIZE THAT YOU GUYS ARE GOOD, BUT IT LOOKS LIKE TOMMY JUST PLAIN SPANKING YOUR 2 CARS RIghT NOW. YOU DON'T SEE THE 10 CAR CRYING SOUR GRAPES.

loving74
07-09-2006, 12:31 AM
Makes me wonder who would be spanking who if tires were made available to every driver! Wonder what would happen if you hit a cone and were using those tires!!!! Double DQ!! HA! That's all I got to say! :confused:

Fkraft99
07-09-2006, 02:56 PM
well being that we are still stuck on this tire deal should we bring up the car the ran those tires last year???

fisherman
07-09-2006, 05:07 PM
:applause: :mad: hey fred they think

Fkraft99
07-09-2006, 10:30 PM
funny how quiet this thread got suddenly??? lol

LongIslandJam
07-09-2006, 10:50 PM
Tommy Kraft has volunteered to stop using the Charger tires, as he stated before. Let's put this bickering to rest. You guys wonder why the Figure 8 car counts are low, and one of the main reasons is that folks can't let go of the past... Case is now officially closed and there is no more issue. :mad: