PDA

View Full Version : Cablevision wants more $$ for SPEED

Longtimeracer
07-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Last week I turned on one of the few TV channels I watch, SPEED. It was not on. I thought it was a problem with the system and it would return :mad: the next day. The next day it was still not on. I called Cablevision and asked what was wrong. Fact is, on my basic channels Cablevision had removed SPEED from my package. I can have it back for an additional fee of about $5.00 EXTRA per month. I believe that Cablevision collects enough for their service. I will be calling to complain that SPEED is gone.
If YOU feel like this is a Cablevision rip off, please call and let them know that this is wrong and you also want SPEED back. I will also be exploring my options with satellite. Any suggestions on satallite companys would be nice.

Jaws
07-04-2006, 01:30 PM
What town do you live in? There are a couple of towns that Verizon is offering a great package of channels.

44chargerfan
07-04-2006, 03:57 PM
get DIRECTV great quality. its more expensive than CABLEVISION but u still get a lot more channels

Richie
07-04-2006, 04:51 PM
I'll vote for Directv.

The Bullfather
07-04-2006, 04:55 PM
They want everyone to get I.O. boxes. Two tvs in my house get speed, three of them don't. Not every tv is strong enough connection for an I.O. box. They want more money, damn Dolans. How much of our money goes towards the bottom sucking division KNICKS!!!!

jimmy'z
07-04-2006, 04:59 PM
get DIRECTV great quality. its more expensive than CABLEVISION but u still get a lot more channels

check a cablevision bill recently? :D DirecTV is a lot less than Cablevision :D

Concerning Verizon; Depending on your area it's worth a shot to check out the FiOS (http://www22.verizon.com/content/ConsumerFiOS/) deal with Verizon (especially if you're in an area that has the TriplePlay package).

It's almost all across Nassau County and we're making our way across Suffolk

LongIslandJam
07-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Jimmy,

I've been looking for the Fios deal and Verizon informed me its available nearly everywhere for internet, but TV is limited to Massapequa Park and Hempstead will be having it soon in Nassau. I'm still waiting for it :(

But when it comes, it will be a kick @$$ deal.

RGeeProductions
07-04-2006, 05:07 PM
SPEED probably increased their rate to cablevision, therefore it gets passed to you. If you want SPEED and have Optimum, pay the increase or go to the above options. Complaining to cablevision will do nothing. It is NASCAR and SPEED $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, NOT cable!!!!!!!

Jaws
07-04-2006, 05:28 PM
The Dolan's owe $40,000,000.00 to their coach. So we pay more.

Nascar doesn't have enough money. So we pay more.

Exxon doesn't make enough money. So we pay more.

We all pay more!!!

pitbull113
07-04-2006, 05:41 PM
Welcome to New York "The Vampire State". :mad:

RGeeProductions
07-04-2006, 06:12 PM
The Dolan's owe $40,000,000.00 to their coach. So we pay more.

Nascar doesn't have enough money. So we pay more.

Exxon doesn't make enough money. So we pay more.

We all pay more!!!
EXACTLY ON THE NOSE......

Nikki Dog x 8
07-04-2006, 06:23 PM
i have iO and called when i lost speed. they told me iO went to high def on the speed channel and you needed an extra box to get it. now, when we work on the racecar i have to pull a box from the house to the garage. PAIN IN THE BUTT!!!!!

W. J.
07-04-2006, 10:05 PM
Not only can you get DirecTV, there is also Dish Network Satellite, which I've had since I got tired of supporting Cablevision's bad service and bad habits (Knicks, Rangers, etc.). I've had it since Nov. of 2001, and have NO complaints about service OR price.
If you wish to keep giving money to a company that BORROWED $3 BILLION so they could pay a dividend to their stockholders (mostly themselves, by the way), continue using them. I'm glad I got out and I'll never go back.

Longtimeracer
07-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Jaws asked. I am in Brookhaven town Medford to be exact. I have Optonline and use it for my computer also. Anyone know if there is a service for the internet that is as fast as the optonline for the computer? I have been led to believe that cable is the fastest, any comments on that?
I made a delivery of a staircase to one of the Dolans homes on Center Island. This staircase cost almost $30,000. It must be nice to live on the other side!!

W. J.
07-05-2006, 01:05 PM
For the moment, optonline is fastest, but DSL speed is acceptable. I've had both, and got rid of optonline when the cable was literally cut off my house (by ME!), and I then signed up for DSL. It is just fine, fast enough for what I do, and after Verizon gets FIoS installed, that will make DSL 3 times faster than cable!!! The bad news: DSL is not always available everywhere, so check first. :rolleyes:
JMO, the sooner the Dolans get the 'message', the better. :mad: