PDA

View Full Version : I am going to the track tonight...so I called the speedway...

btgoss
07-08-2006, 01:52 PM
And here is what happened... but first... here is my deal. I am a cancer survivor, I need to drink A LOT of water... Hess loses money when I fill up my tank and buy those cases of cheap Poland Spring.. that is how much water I need to drink...
So acting on previous recommendations from people on this board I just called the track to try and make arrangements to bring more then the allowed "wineskin" of water (being sarcastic there...).. and it didn't fly... I wasn't treated in a rude manner... but I was told that I would have to plead my case at the gate, and depending on the person at the gate I would be able to bring in more then my share, or I would have to return it to my car...
I can't blame the track, I am sure that there is some sort of legal reason they have to do this, but it doesn't give me the warm-fuzzies...
I am going to give it a try, I mean the weather is looking pretty good for my being able to enjoy the track tonight... and who can pass up a bus f-8 and a demo on the same card... and the bombers are back.. I mean grand enduros... it will almost be like the ghost of Freeport has taken over Riverhead... But it isn't cool that I have to take a chance on this being a pretty expensive night... especially since it won't be beer I am buying, but water.

Jaws
07-08-2006, 02:10 PM
Go to the back ticket office, thats where the office is.

I am sure if you speak to someone there they will let you in.

Lets hope you spoke to someone who did not know what they are talking about and its a snap to get in.

Let us know.

44chargerfan
07-08-2006, 03:00 PM
the guy at the front gate wont care just give him a valid excuse

allhailunc
07-08-2006, 03:53 PM
As per an answer to one of the many questions i sent to the track when this whole "Magilla" started about no outside food or beverage at all allowed,and the eventual lessening on most of the restrictions(someone saw the light)i was told by whomever answers the e mails that one sends to the track that water in a bottle would be permissible-along with food.at that point in time the only thing not allowed was the bottled soda that i drink(same premise as water plastic bottle).So BT seems like you should be able to get in with your water(unless someone had changed their minds again) but then again they do make the rules and have the "right" to alter them whenever it situation arises.let me know how you make out :disgusted

btgoss
07-08-2006, 11:09 PM
I was able to get right in with all of my water... just call me Gunga Din.
I whimped out a bit, and ate a bigger meal then usual before the show and got there after the heats had been completed. (Not that it looked like there really should have been many heats with the car count, but that is another thread.)

So basically my fears of getting hassled never actually happened.