PDA

View Full Version : What the..........

The Bullfather
07-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Who is Denisse DuPont? Marissa has more exprience at Riverhead than Mountian. She probably raced there less than 15 times. Not one mention of her racing career at the 'head. Maybe she wants to forget about it.

http://www.51sportsracing.com/2006stories/Mods_TVMRS/Monadnock_leftovers_7_06.html

unowho243
07-09-2006, 11:20 PM
That kind of stuff really makes me mad. I think im just going to keep my mouth shut on this one

All I'm going to say is that to do well at Riverhead takes a lot of skill with all of the great competition you have to race against. Say what you want about our track, but we have many great drivers. Sure, some are a little rougher than others, but hey, that's racing, and not to mention racing at Riverhead at all is just ridiculous.

Jaws
07-09-2006, 11:49 PM
LOL, I don't think she left out Riverhead as a slight against the track.

It was a short article about a woman racing in the TVMS.

She said where she was racing this year and how she got started at the age of 8.

You think she left out mentioning the track on purpose?? Gee that wil show them!! LOL

DAN D.
07-10-2006, 12:43 AM
this page is left blank intentionally....LOL

Fkraft99
07-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Honestly, I really don't blame Marissa for leaving Riverhead out. Everyone has their opinions about her driving, but she was trying at least and making some progress. But the 'head never gave her a reasonable chance to start up front and run with the pack. Now she's had some run-in's with other drivers, but she was always having to come from last, which maybe forced some overdriving on her part to make up ground. She went to Mountain, where they let her race and I believe she won a heat race a few weeks back, which would have been impossible; started 7th- 8th every week in heats at the 'head. So good for her, I'm glad she's running well.

vsmidge68
07-10-2006, 02:10 PM
I was going to stay out of this one but of course I can't. Just a little info........when we raced @ Mountain the first time and put Riverhead as the home track, we had no less than 4 visits from officials in our pit stall. The advice varied but the message was the same....."THERE WILL BE NO ROUGH RIDING, SLAMMING AND/OR BANGING INTENTIONALLY AND WE DO NOT FIGHT IN THE PITS" END OF STORY. Perhaps the Heads' reputation preceeds itself. :confused: It's kind of like when you move South and tell them you're from New York........They tend to get a certain look on their face :rolleyes:

Also, I think this post is just a little petty. I'm sure the girl has more on her mind than promoting Riverhead in an interview that was basically about being a woman Modified driver. Cut her some slack.

Charlie's Angel
07-10-2006, 02:33 PM
All I have to say is that I'm a Marissa fan. I think she has what it takes. She is a young girl and drove with the big guys. I wouldn't do it myself. But give credit where credit is due. She stuck it out week after week here. She had her young age and gender against her and ran with the big boys. Good for her doing so well at Mountain. I say.. "keep it up!"
Congrats on your success Marissa!

99racing
07-10-2006, 02:52 PM
I totally agree with what Charlie's Angel said..

She is doing very well at Mountain speedway. I can't say she isn't doing good at Mountain because this girl is sitting 10th in points. Yes Freddie, she did win her heat race a couple of weeks ago. Marissa has raced more than 15 times at Mountain. She started racing Mountain last year. Riverhead never gave her a chance, so she and the team decided to go somewhere that would.

Keep up the Good Work.. Go get those boys.

allhailunc
07-10-2006, 06:00 PM
Well, if not Marissa, than why no EddieIII? There has been a Brunnhoelzl running the track ever since I started going. Must be a reason why. HMMMM?

W. J.
07-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Well, if not Marissa, than why no Eddie III? There has been a Brunnhoelzl running the track ever since I started going. Must be a reason why. HMMMM?
No Eddie III? Well, didn't YOU stop coming, too??? People sometimes want to try different places, or things to do, RIGHT?! LOL! :lol:

allhailunc
07-13-2006, 04:55 PM
How true Walter how true-It's amazing the things that happen on Saturday's
that aren't racing related :rolleyes:

turn1cowboy
07-13-2006, 09:14 PM
Like the turn one cowboys. Hooray for the cowboys. We even got to help finish singing the National Anthem (turn one is great). Thank you Riverhead Raceway!! :applause: