PDA

View Full Version : I'd love to see.

Teds Race Tours
07-10-2006, 11:46 AM
A Mid week 3 race series between Mahoning Valley, Mountain, and Riverhead in 2007.

White Lightnin
07-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Take a look at Mahoning's forum. They can post about Lancaster and Chemung Speedways but they refer to Mountain as "the other speedway". People have been banned from posting for talking about Mountain. I would think that it is really hard to make a deal with a mentality such as that.

33Munky34
07-10-2006, 05:39 PM
I have never heard of anyone getting in trouble for saying anything about Mountain on the Mahoning forum. It is usually the people that go on there and make a big deal out of people saying Mountain and most of the time they are not even people from Mahoning, they are people from Mountain. This would be great to see happen, but I doubt if it ever would. The promotors at MS and MVS are too thick headed to work together.

BlingxBling
07-10-2006, 06:48 PM
Hampton..I think it is a fantastic idea. My Saturday evening obligations to MVS prevent me from going to the Island to see a race at RH and also from going to Mountain as well. There is equal talent at many of these tracks that would make for an interesting race if they all got together.

White Lightnin, the people that have been banned from MVS's forum are those who have been warned time and time again for the trouble they were causing. It wasn't due to the mentioning of Mountain. It is a two way street when it comes to items being removed from the forums (both Mountain and MVS) when the "other track" is being used in conversation.

NEETS-1
07-10-2006, 09:10 PM
(as we were called)....Let's do it for the drivers!!!!
If you knew the truth Munky...you wouldn't say "all".

Teds Race Tours
07-11-2006, 11:37 PM
I'm not getting into politics here. I'm just stating that I think it would be fun to watch the Drivers from all 3 Short Tracks take each other on on comparible tracks.

W. J.
07-13-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm not getting into politics here. I'm just stating that I think it would be fun to watch the Drivers from all 3 Short Tracks take each other on on comparible tracks.
Okay, let's make this simple: Ask all 3, see which one's are interested, and if it's at least 2 out of 3, go with those who want it, and let those who passed on the idea sit on the sidelines wishing they'd been a part of what could be a huge success.

Jaws
07-16-2006, 03:24 PM
What about a Riverhead/Mountain series?

The MVS cars would be there anyway!!

BlingxBling
07-16-2006, 10:28 PM
Would a series race have one set of rules and regulations that would apply to all of the tracks involved?

W. J.
07-17-2006, 09:51 AM
It would have to to be an actual series. Only difference would be 'ground rules', like out of bounds, if such an area exists, and other things like that. You can't expect much participation in a "series" if the teams have make changes to the cars just to be eligible.

fastgal
07-18-2006, 09:24 PM
I would assume :rolleyes: a Nascar tour type mod would be as level playing ground as you can get. Riverhead uses Nascar's rules for mods, I don't know about the others. I would think Eddie Brunnhoelzl would know, since he runs both places.

BlingxBling
07-18-2006, 09:46 PM
I think there is just one major factor that plays a role when it comes to setups and regulations, that being the tires! I am not sure what RH runs, but I know that MVS and Mountain run different tires. Just curious how would those regulations be compromised to be equally fair?

LongIslandJam
07-19-2006, 07:42 AM
1 of two ways to do it.

Either make the track tire that you are running the race at mandatory, or allow all three tires for all the races. The latter will help lower budget teams make a couple of races, but the first suggestion is guaranteed fair competition.

Fisha695
07-19-2006, 06:17 PM
White Lightnin, the people that have been banned from MVS's forum are those who have been warned time and time again for the trouble they were causing. It wasn't due to the mentioning of Mountain. It is a two way street when it comes to items being removed from the forums (both Mountain and MVS) when the "other track" is being used in conversation.

I got no warnig for being banned from there forum. Nor did there webmaster stop anybody from "bashing" me when that is what i supposedly got in trouble for. In fact Lauri even "bashed" me and made threats towards me. Also Several post that I had made before I was banned had the words mountain speedway in them and they had been edited to say "the other track". I also kinda thought it was funny that some of the people that would "bash" me on there forum and not get in trouble would talk to me at the races not even knowing who I was. Oh and the things that got me in trouble by "bashing" somebody was the fact that I would tell it the way I would see it. If someone took someone out I would say so no matter who they were.

Do did not warn everybody before the baned them and yes the use of Mountain speedway was edited to "the other track"

-Josh Fisher-

Fisha695
07-19-2006, 06:19 PM
(as we were called)....Let's do it for the drivers!!!!
If you knew the truth Munky...you wouldn't say "all".

What exactly is the true reason that MS and MVS could not come to terms to work together? I've heard many of stories but I'm not sure who to believe.

BlingxBling
07-19-2006, 06:21 PM
I think it would take a year or two to get a something planned out where it will not affect the drivers in their current points quest at the tracks they run. Not to mention a compromise of the tire situation. Making the tires track mandatory will just be placing a fancy name on the current situation. It would have to be a pretty big purse to convince many of the drivers to travel to these tracks and have to make adjustments and purchases that wouldn't be necessary if they stayed at their home track. I am not being negative (I have been accused of that a few times too many), just being honest. I see it happening every weekend a rainout occurs or a weekend where the Modifieds are off.

I have seen what Eddie B. III has done at Mountain, would love to see him compete down at the fishbowl, and it would be grand to see Marisa Neideraurer and Amanda Sesley compete. I am not familiar with many who run RH, but if you can get that Mike Andrews in NEPA..where can I sign up to purchase tickets ahead of time?! :wave:

Fisha695
07-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Here is something that I have been thinking about for awhile now. Instead of just the mods running at three tracks, maybe all the Promoters/head officials from all the tracks across the Northeast could get together and maybe find some way to start their own sanctioning body. Nothing major, just maybe come together and work for a common set of rules for all the classes that are basically the same, but yet are different enough where it limits the competitors to running at just one track.

I know that this has been done with Dirt latemodels and mods in the Mid-west and it might work in the Northeast as well. Now I know that the tracks that are Nascar weekly tracks are kinda locked into certain rules for their classes, but the tracks that aren't could work together just so that if there is a big Street Stock race somewhere, drivers can go and race in it without any major changes to their cars. It wouldn't be a touring series or anything, and each track would still keep its regular weekly divisions, but the rules would just be the same for that track, as well as many other tracks across the Northeast.

If we don't all work together in someway, Local Short track racing will be gone before we know it.

-Josh Fisher-

BlingxBling
07-20-2006, 12:30 AM
Josh, oye! I suppose I have to break down my post so you can understand it. You were banned for your troublesome efforts to aggravate and antagonize the other posters. The rules could not have been any more of a warning. I never stated that Mountain Speedway was not edited on the forum to "the other track", but I did indicate your posting abilities were not removed because of it. This isn't a post about why you were or were not banned from another forum..anything else about this you would like to address, you can do so via private message...otherwise keep to the subject!

Happy Posting... :wave:

W. J.
07-20-2006, 01:06 PM
I agree, Amanda. This post is about a possible series for Modifieds. Posts referencing any other subject WILL be deleted.