PDA

View Full Version : ? for the Turn 1 Cowboys

NJ Chick
07-12-2006, 02:28 PM
This past Saturday was our first trip out to Riverhead this year, so that was the first time we got to see you famous Cowboys in action! It's pretty cool the way you get the crowd going. Just curious though, what did you all think of the Grand Enduro race? I didn't hear any boos...so that must be a good sign? :lol: :applause: :wave:

W. J.
07-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Uh-oh, someone is accusing the Turn 1 Cowboys of thinking! This could get interesting. (You know I'm kidding guys.)
We didn't get to hear (that I remember) any 'airhorn blasts' during the Grands race, and it was quite exciting, and well run, I might add.

kevinriv24
07-13-2006, 06:29 PM
You know we would have been loud for those guys, but some of the one weekend warriors complained to security we were too loud, so security asked us to put the horns away. Come and see us again nj chick :applause: :confused:

unowho243
07-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Yeah the Sag Harbor dive team had a little problem with our noise level..... Thats what you get when you sit in the LOUD SECTION! :applause:

turn1cowboy
07-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Yeah that's a big booooooooooooo to security for taking our horns away, I can't believe that they did that. Ii think there was plenty of other seats if they though it was too loud. We'll bring more horns this week though, you can count on that!! :applause: TURN ONE, TURN ONE :applause:

BlingxBling
07-13-2006, 11:04 PM
Hey does anyone have a picture of this Turn 1 group?

LongIslandJam
07-13-2006, 11:21 PM
From earlier in the season, when it was cold...

http://longislandjam.com/news/2006/Riverhead/Saturday/051306/Sights/slides/P5130064.html

And a shameless plug for LongIslandJam.com Forums sponsor and Turn 1 Cowboys sponsor:

http://longislandjam.com/news/2006/Riverhead/Saturday/052006/Sights/slides/BP5200006.html

Turbo
07-13-2006, 11:24 PM
I was out there for the grand enduro race, we had to sound the air horns ourselves since they took the real ones away!! I liked the grand enduro race, but I thought the #20 won?? when did he go a lap down to the #59?? maybe I missed it in the beginning

BlingxBling
07-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Eye candy...and old enough to drink...I'M COMING TO LONG ISLAND!!!

W. J.
07-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Bobby Pease (#20) spun near the end of the race and Cozza (#59) wasn't far behind, and passed Bobby before he could get back out.

FERGBIZZ
07-14-2006, 03:04 PM
we even got called white trash by some "one weekend warrior"

turn1cowboy
07-14-2006, 03:39 PM
there are plenty of pictures of the turn one cowboys @ myspace.com (turn1cowboys group) we have our own photo guy :applause:

FERGBIZZ
07-14-2006, 04:42 PM
http://groups.myspace.com/turnone

btgoss
07-14-2006, 10:27 PM
I was looking forward to seeing the Cowboys this past Saturday... but there was like 4 guys there... is that it?
I thought there was like 20 guys or something... not 4 dudes...
Was last Saturday an off night? Also didn't notice too many signs, but with the racing being pretty good I really didn't look much...

NJ Chick
07-15-2006, 11:43 AM
Sorry your horns were taken away Cowboys....no wonder it was so quiet!
I guess you were too much for the Weekend Newbies....you scared them! :lol: Hopefully, we'll get out to a Saturday night show again before the season is over. In the meantime, blast away!
:wave: :applause: :cool:

kevinriv24
07-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Yeah, but we only had a few there last night. But we were still as loud as we could be. Come by and add numbers to the group next time, a fresh voice is always helpful. And yeah, there was some real good racin' last nite, yeeeeee-haaaaa :cool:

unowho243
07-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Darn right, Yee Haaa

From the turn 1 photographer!

turn1cowboy
07-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Those turn 1 cowboys were pretty loud this week. They we real loud for that roller over contest. :applause: If anyone would like to come join the fun with the TURN1 COWBOYS, you're more then welcome to join us. We hope to see more and hear more cheering around the raceway. SEE YOU SATURDAY!!

The Bullfather
07-17-2006, 10:41 PM
Can you shill the cowboys anymore? Not sure everyone knows who they are on this board! :rolleyes:

I heard there is competition with the turn 2 Indian!

btgoss
07-17-2006, 11:06 PM
I was trying to find an audio clip from Spongebob to play for the boys, but I can't find it... damn copyright lawyers... so here are two of them... from the Spongebob Quote Wiki.... (meant in good fun.... of course...)

Kid: (regarding SpongeBob and Patrick) "Those guys are dorks."
Flying Dutchman: "Yes, but they’re my dorks."(Shanghaied)

There was another one where Mr. Krabs, feeling old goes out on a "boys night out with Spongebob and Patrick... but I can't even find that quote....

But you get the hint... just good fun.. of course using Spongebob to point out how dorky someone is... is ... well pretty dorky... but if the shoe fits... But I am going to try and be more cool... I am going to start playing Super Pro Truck pick 5, just waiting for the odds to get a bit better... (Now that was funny...)

Seriously tho'.. Shouldn't it be the Turn 1 Mafia? Leverage the Indian and the Sopranos... you know? Just a thought...
Also sounds more dangerous...

W. J.
07-18-2006, 10:33 AM
One good thing that can be said for the cowboys is that they have NOT attacked the Indian in any way, despite all the allegations of how much of the tracks 'beer' product they allegedly consume. :lol: I've even seen two kids with Mohawk haircuts pass by their territory without any harm coming to them. Just a bunch of peace loving race fans, I guess, so let's keep shilling for them and the overall good of racing while we still can.
We should get them some 'BUD' T-shirts to wear, maybe then there would be a chance to get good tasting beer to drink at the track again if their 'sponsor' brought some product for us all to sample. JMO!

turn1cowboy
07-18-2006, 05:29 PM
Yeah, the turn 1 cowboys would love to have Bud instead of Miller, but by the 10th beer, they all taste the same. :lol: