PDA

View Full Version : Another Great Job....

Mortgage Guy
07-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Once again, Ted Baxter and the Hampton Jitney gang came through HUGE yesterday. New Hampshire is an awesome place and the trip up and back was perfect, no issues or problems. We got to watch some old modified movies that belonged to Tom Baldwin Sr and the best part was that in a lot of them he was racing Long Island Modified Royalty in Don Howe, who was on the bus. I think he was very excitied to watch, and with a little coaxing, he may get the itch to run again. He was pumped by the end of the day. The race itself was by far the best thing to hit the track all day. I am sure someone has the stats, but I would love to see the amount of lead changes, it was wild. Again, great job by Teddy, and I for one will never miss another trip to ANY track they go to.

Tim Halpin

allhailunc
07-16-2006, 09:24 AM
what? and miss a night at Riverhead? :lol:

Teds Race Tours
07-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Once again, Ted Baxter and the Hampton Jitney gang came through HUGE yesterday. New Hampshire is an awesome place and the trip up and back was perfect, no issues or problems. We got to watch some old modified movies that belonged to Tom Baldwin Sr and the best part was that in a lot of them he was racing Long Island Modified Royalty in Don Howe, who was on the bus. I think he was very excitied to watch, and with a little coaxing, he may get the itch to run again. He was pumped by the end of the day. The race itself was by far the best thing to hit the track all day. I am sure someone has the stats, but I would love to see the amount of lead changes, it was wild. Again, great job by Teddy, and I for one will never miss another trip to ANY track they go to.

Tim Halpin

Tim.
Thank for the Kind words. The secret to this stuff is actually enjoying the day. As a "service provider", who wouldn't enjoy hanging out with a great group of people all day, and living, eating, breathing Modified racing. As you Brother said 2 weeks ago in turn 2 "Is there anything else like it?" Meaning Modified racing. Having Don Howe on the bus made the day that much sweeter. I know he got a kick out of watching himself win at Islip on the video. Don and Mike E have been my 2 main Guys since I don't know when. I never had the opportunity to meet "King" Don until yesterday. It's always fun getting to meet your heroes. I loved seeing him in the Burger King Crown after all the "Long Island Modified Royalty" Conversations, just kinda put a CROWN on the day. Don said he doubted he'll ever get behind the wheel again, but hey, a guy can dream.
Ever better was getting to listen to Bob Finan's call of the last 1/2 of the Modified race via Cell Phone.
When all is said and done in this world, days like yesterday are what I'll remember the most. As a Modified Fan, it just doesn't get any better!!! Modified Racing and Modified fans are THE BEST!!!!! Thanks to your guys for making my day!!!!
And to answer Steve's question, No there isn't anything else like it.

The Bullfather
07-16-2006, 02:37 PM
sad we got some sour pusses still complaining about Riverhead.

Jaws
07-16-2006, 05:45 PM
As stated other places, yesterday was a great day.

Having Don Howe on the bus was pretty cool too.

If you love mods, the bus is the way to go.

Ted is a great host who loves the mods and makes it a special day. We even got a call of the Riverhead mod race!!

chrome horn
07-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Halp, to answer your question on lead changes, 28.

Mortgage Guy
07-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Unc, I always miss nights at the Head for the last few seasons, because I don't own a car anymore. So now I go because I want to, not because I have to, and I enjoy myself a lot more. This was just an awesome race, and like I said before, I will never miss it again. Don't think I would go the whole weekend though, because the rest of the racing looked pretty boring to me.