PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mr. Petey

WEEZER
07-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Hello U. P.
Could a Riverhead Grand Enduro run with the Mountain thrillers (passing safety tech) and what not. I think I've seen Caesar with his # 21 run, but not too sure, but if so, what would I need to do or change? It would be a blast to come up and race a Sat, night, then hang out and party a little. Do thrillers run practice, heats, then the feature?
Thanks,
Weezer, #19

richardpetey
07-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Your Grand Enduro car can compete with the thrillers based on what I saw my last trip to RH........................ :cool:
The metric cars will handle a little better at Mountain........................... :drool:
The RH cars will pass Mountain safety regulations, for the most part.................. ;)
If you get to the track a couple of hours before starting time, you will get practice laps, usually a couple of rounds, plus an 8 lap heat and a 20 lap feature.......................... :rolleyes:
The only thing you might have to change are your front/rear springs, Mountain doesn't have the same banking as RH, so you might want to go a little lighter on the springs and use a neutrally adjusted sway bar...................... :confused:
You can even use your RH Hoosiers, at least for 2 weeks, until the track will make you buy the 790 Hoosiers................... :lol:
The rest of the story is just air pressures, which every driver has to kinda work out for their own type of driving....................... :p
Let me know what day you wanna come up, and I'll make sure I'm there to help ya.............................. :help:
UNCLE PETEY..................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

nobandwagonhere
07-16-2006, 10:14 PM
Hey Weezer. I'm not Petey, but I can answer a few questions for ya. The rules are pretty much the same. Caeser did run a few times up there. Go to www.mountainspeedway.com and scroll down to the bottom for rules. Usually get 2 rounds of practice, a heat race, and the feature. Payout is all the way down. Not a whole lot, but it's something, you know? Anyway, I think you'll like it. Hopefully well see ya.

Donny Oliver #55 thriller (#58 Grand enduro)

WEEZER
07-17-2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks guys, a sweet weekend getaway would be the King of the Mountain with racing Saturday and Sunday, but it all hinges on juggling the wife, kid and work. The seed has already been planted on the better half. If worse comes to worse, my buddies and I will run the Mutha race again in November.
By the way, where on the Mountain website can you find the points standings? Either I'm retarded or it's just not on the home page???

JCenduro
07-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Weezer ,click on press and it's right in front of you. Hope this helps ya.jcenduro#29

LongIslandJam
07-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Weezer,

Also check out www.poconothunder.net for points standings as well;)