PDA

View Full Version : Sadler to the #19

Mortgage Guy
07-18-2006, 01:16 PM
I can't believe that Elliot, who told me he loves working with Tommy Baldwin and can't wait to get off the snide and who, if not for running out of gas on Sunday because of the G-W-C, finish would have had 3 top 10's in the last 4 races, would bolt to Evernham's worst team. They may not even be guaranteed in the top 35 in points come the 2007 Daytona 500. I wish him the best, because he is a great guy, but you have one of the best sponsors in NASCAR (who is staying behind), and an organization who just needs a little fine tuning to get back in the game, and you leave. He would have been top dog at Yates, now where is he?? Second or third fiddle at Evernham, I could understand if he was moving to replace Martin in the #6, but not this. I hope Yates signs Ward Burton and they can go out and regain that winning edge they had a few years back, and maybe get a good finish in the 500 in February.

W. J.
07-18-2006, 06:14 PM
In spite of all you stated as reasons he should stay (and I agree with you), I'll bet the bottom line will turn out to be $$$MONEY$$$! Becoming just like other 'major league sports', NASCAR is more about that than continuity or loyalty any more.

hollywoodmic
07-19-2006, 09:47 AM
I couldn't agree with you more WJ

TMAC
07-19-2006, 12:35 PM
Having Been A Yates Fan [since The Davey Allison Era] Rooted For Ernie And DJ [for A Little While] I Think This Change Was Going To Happen And Elliot Got Word Of This And Made His Own Change [plus The Money Offer From Everham Racing] Rrobert Yates Has 2 Up And Comers In Stephen Leight And Also Mat McCall [I Believe That's His Name, he Was On Roush's Driving Show]Both Drive Arca And Leight Drove Busch This Year. Change Has To Happen To This Team, Who At One Time Was The "best Ford Team" Out There. Ward[liked Him] is No Way Getting This Ride, maybe The Busch Ride If One Of The 2 Guys Moves Up

On A Side Note: it Would Be Great To See Tommy Use His Powers And Get Steve Into That Car, now That Would Be Something !

hollywoodmic
07-19-2006, 01:00 PM
It would be great to see something like that but, I think Ward Burton has a better shot at getting in one of those cars than Steve Park does. Steven is a great guy, but has put himself in too many bad situations lately for the "love of the sport". I commend him for that, but he seems to be getting into anything with four wheels on it. Perhaps he should've taken the stance Ward did and said, " I'll wait for a good ride to become available". Here would be a great scenario, Stephen Leight in the CitiFinancial #88, Ward Burton in the M&M's #38 and perhaps Steve Park in that 3rd team that Yates keeps talking about. Then put Matt McCall into the Busch program, full time and build from there. We can all dream, Tommy and Steven are still very close........you never know. Now I should just go out and buy my own teams, lol.