PDA

View Full Version : Rollover

leah28racing
07-19-2006, 02:38 AM
I've got to say the rollover this week was really good, better than they have been. 3 way tie and all. Congrats to Dennis Scott on winning after the roll off.

LongIslandJam
07-19-2006, 07:38 AM
I have to agree... The rollovers were fun to watch! We need to keep the car count up so we can always have this much fun!

pitbull113
07-19-2006, 09:52 PM
Maybe if they ran the rollover contest at the end of the day some of the guys that messed up their cars during the enduros would enter the rollover.

LongIslandJam
07-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Good suggestion, or at least after the 4-cylinder enduro...

W. J.
07-20-2006, 04:25 PM
It's been done already, at the May 28th show, one 4cyl enduro entrant added his car to the only one that actually showed up to enter the rollover contest.
Of course, if you've added a rollcage to your enduro car, it would have to be removed to enter the rollover contest.

broz
07-20-2006, 04:38 PM
I'm seriously considering entering, if they choose to carry the event next summer. This looks like "MAD" fun! :lol: And a great way to spend my Summer vacation.
Might be a good excuse to resurrect the ole' 7-11 :applause:

Gravel
07-22-2006, 10:48 AM
It's been done already, at the May 28th show, one 4cyl enduro entrant added his car to the only one that actually showed up to enter the rollover contest.
Of course, if you've added a rollcage to your enduro car, it would have to be removed to enter the rollover contest.

I would double check with the officials on that one Walt. Back in the day,[ boy, do I feel old] we also had a couple of guys enter their 4cyl cars. We also had a couple of guys put roll bars in their cars JUST FOR the roll over contest. [Ray "The Rabbit" Kavorik, is one that did it that I can remember] While it did hold the car together better, it also made for very violent rolls.

W. J.
07-22-2006, 11:00 AM
Gravel,
Back in the day, they may have allowed rollbars. I am not clear on whether they would now. Except for safety issues in the driver's area, like removal of glass, door and window handles, etc., I would think the car should need to be pretty much stock?

Gravel
07-22-2006, 04:00 PM
I agree. However, I just pointed out that track management should be asked if it is required to remove the roll bar before entering the roll-over with a 4cyl enduro car.

spier racing 93
07-22-2006, 06:40 PM
Why wouldn't a roll bar/cage be allowed? It would make cars last longer, maybe get more interest in rollovers because the car can last a few events.

pitbull113
07-22-2006, 06:50 PM
As per the rules on Riverhead's website, rollbars are allowed. :applause:

Gravel
07-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Nothing against roll bars, it's just I know for a fact that it makes for a very rough roll. Add to the fact, it's fun to have the roof come down on you when your 6'4".

W. J.
07-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Why wouldn't a roll bar/cage be allowed? It would make cars last longer, maybe get more interest in rollovers because the car can last a few events.
Good point, but one thought comes to mind on this subject. Most of the cars that can no longer compete are disabled by either suspension damage, or the inability to refire after their rollover due to other mechanical damage, not body integrity.
As Gravel said, and I'll take his word for it, it makes for a rougher rollover on the driver. I agree it would protect the driver from a safety standpoint, and that's a good thing.