PDA

View Full Version : Help with cross weight

tstiles
07-20-2006, 12:11 PM
Question #1 is a 49% diagonal weight way off for Riverhead?
Question #2 does "the perfect" stagger depend on the weight width and rear weight of the car? or is "perfect" stagger soley dependent on the tracks radius?

Thanks in advance

art11758
07-21-2006, 10:02 AM
In answer to question #2: I find that stagger is dependent more on radius and vehicle track than anything. For example lets say at the speedway in question the groove has a radius of 250 feet and your car has a track of 7 feet. You would then get a radius for the left side of 246.5 feet and the right side would have 253.5 feet respectively. The difference of the length of those arcs (1/2 the circumfrence) would give you a starting point for stagger. In other words, the stagger determined this way would simply compensate for the extra "distance" the right side travels. Stagger is also a driver comfort area. Some folks like lots of stagger so they can really "throw it in", while others prefer less so they can "drive it off". Hope this helps. For more on stagger and ideas, email me and we can really bounce some stuff around.
I know little about weight, except how to "move" it. I have a smart friend who answers all of those questions for me and he is out of town.

tstiles
07-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Thank you for the insight. I will try to put it to use.

#4 trux

art11758
07-21-2006, 02:37 PM
You're welcome. It's not really insight as much as it is math! And actually, what I know about chassis setup is just more of the same - math. Like I said, it's more easily explained/illustrated thru email. Lemme know how ya do.

vsmidge68
07-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Stagger is a "feel good". I don't think there is anything such thing as perfect stagger. It's all about track temp for that night, how your tires want to behave, spring rates, heats cycles on the tires.......But I'm just a stupid girl. lol

Richie
07-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Vickie; You got stagger????

vsmidge68
07-23-2006, 07:36 PM
My stagger is all in the rear Richie, you know that!! (remember stagger is a "feel good") :applause:

richardpetey
07-23-2006, 11:09 PM
The best stagger I've ever seen was the night 2/10 drank a 30 pack and tried to drive home from the back seat of his dually....................... :eek:
He also improved his crossweight when he passed out over the LR wheel well.................... :rolleyes:
He was finally DQ'ed before the feature; too much stagger, riding height too low and he was running alcohol in a gas class...................... :help:
UNCLE PETEY..................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

mafap
07-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Hey scales, didn't I tell you the answer to that? SHORT the TIE and don't fight the FED!

tstiles
07-25-2006, 03:18 PM
Simmons is long another 275k share at 26. The guy is never wrong. So you keep shorting, and I will have roasted bear for Q3 and be up on the tie....