PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Drivers !!!

toots
07-21-2006, 09:18 PM
On August 13, between the hours of 2:00 - 5:00, I will be holding a Mountain Speedway Family day at Mickey's Golf Center & Speedway on St. Johns Road, which is located 1/2 mile off of Route 309 and precisely 2.8 miles from Mountain Speedway. Previous date was to be July 29, but after talking to a few drivers, I found out that a lot of drivers are going away that weekend due to the fact that there is no racing. So I have decided to schedule it for August. What I am planning is to have drivers, fans and the general public race in the go karts. I believe that the fans and the public would really enjoy racing against the drivers. For those who choose not to race, there is miniature golf available. Mickey's is one of my advertisers in the program and to show my appreciation, I am planning this to help advertise his business also. There will be a full page article in the upcoming program also. WHAT I NEED is some drivers who would be willing to attend, and possibly bring their cars also, to have a car show. The Mountain Speedway 2 seater will be there too. I have gotten a few drivers that showed some interest, but I would like cars from all divisions, if possible. Need some street stocks, late models and modifieds. An article will also be put in the Hazleton Standard Speaker the week of the event.This will be great advertisement for both Mickey's and Mountain Speedway. Any driver bringing their car will receive 1 free kart ride, compliments of me. Everyone is urged to come out for a GREAT time. Any driver interested in bringing their car, please contact me by email at: dancho@intergrafix.net or see me at the track.

modracermom
07-22-2006, 08:57 AM
I'm sure Kory Rabenold, driver of the #63 modified, would want to be there. :)

toots
07-22-2006, 12:16 PM
FANTASTIC!!!!!!! I would love to have Kory there. I will put him down as a definite. I am planning on making posters with all cars attending to hand out to the public to have autographed by drivers. Come on drivers- This will be great fun. I actually would like to try out my driving skills against some of you. Maybe we can even get Mr. Callavini to get into a kart!!!!!

richardpetey
07-22-2006, 09:01 PM
I'd love to help ya Joan, but I don't own an SS, Modified or a LM, at least not yet............................... :help:
I hope Joe C. does show up, then maybe we can charge him for a go-kart transponder that doesn't work, hehe.................. :eek:
Don't forget to save me the programs from issue #11 inclusive, up to the weekend I return to Mountain.................... :confused:
You are to be commended Joan, you're doing what the Mountain owner/promoter is supposed to be doing...hawking their track................. :rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY......................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

toots
07-22-2006, 09:42 PM
Uncle Petey- I am including all divisions of cars. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I had only mentioned streets, late models and mods because at the time that I made the post, I already had some thrillers and four cyl that have offered, but no offers from the other divisions. I would like to have all divisions involved. I also was not sure how many out of towners would be willing to attend. Bring your thriller. The more thrillers, the more thrilling!!! This event is for ALL divisions, including NEETS. After all, we are ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY at Mountain. As far as being commended, believe me, it is not necessary. I do these things because I LOVE ALL MOUNTAIN PEOPLE and I really enjoy being there every week. I have been doing the program for 4 years now, and have met so many wonderful people throughout the years, and I really miss the ones that are not there anymore, too.
So far I believe that these cars and drivers will be attending:
Thrillers - 2 Am- Marissa Nelmes
830- Kevin Makarewicz
98-Jeff Owler
4 cyl- 57- Bob Wink
8- Travis Fisher
42- Jamie Damon
Mods - 63- Kory Rabenold

17Racer
07-23-2006, 12:23 AM
Joan, you can count me and my #17 Thriller in as a definite :cool: :cool:

toots
07-23-2006, 01:46 PM
Thank You Josh- I had a Feeling that I could count on you

wishfish
07-23-2006, 06:44 PM
Joan, as long as the car stays in one piece, Larry will bring the Late Model, if you need any help with anything let me know..

Tammy

toots
07-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Thanks Tammy and Larry- That gives me so far
(3 ) 4 cylinders
(3) Thrillers- Petey not sure if you are a definite or not ??
( 1 ) Late Model
( 1 ) Modified
Where are the street stock guys- NEETS- TRUX-Any Legends or 4 cyl mods interested???

richardpetey
07-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Good idea Joan! I'll bring my TRUX.................................. :p
UNCLE PETEY................ :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

toots
07-24-2006, 08:35 PM
Due to a LARGE oversight on my part (not thinking that every race car also has a trailer) I am trying to work out a deal with either Mountain or Frank Barbush to see if drivers can leave their trailers at either of those locations. Parking lot at Mickey's is not very large and would prefer to have as many cars as we can for the show. Drivers would be required to drop off their cars at Mickey's and move their trailer to either Mountain or Barbush's. Mountain, I am sure, would not be a problem, but Barbush's would be ideal, since it is only about 1/4 mile away from Mickey's. Waiting for Frank to return my call. I will keep everyone updated. If this will cause an inconvenience for any driver who has already committed themselves, please let me know so that I can remove you from the list. NOTHING IN LIFE IS EASY.

461_SS
07-29-2006, 08:45 PM
The 461 Street Stock will be attending this event. We definitely should be there as long as the car is not wrecked the night before. Hopefully everything will be alright though =]

edit- I see the post above says that we will have to leave our trailers somewhere else. Well, we bring our rollback. Where can we leave that at? Thanks!

toots
07-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Thank You Rich. Hopefully everyone's cars will remain in one piece after this week's race. Caution free weeks are the BEST!!
As far as your rollback is concerned- I met with Mickey Dulina ( Mickey's owner ) on Thursday to discuss my concern about space for trailers ( Unfortunately Barbush has no room available ).Mickey assured me that there will be enough space at his place for all trailers. He has a second lot down by the go-kart area. After careful inspection, we believe that all cars and trailers will fit comfortably and still have enough room for public vehicles.I will have to limit this event to 13 cars only though.
If all else fails, trailers can be taken to the Mountain parking lot.
As of right now, I am expecting the following 13 vehicles.If, for any reason, any of the following will be unable to attend, please let me know so that I can plan this properly. I am working on making posters that will have all cars attending on them to be used for autographs and I want to be sure that I haven't missed anyone.

4 cylinders:
# 57 Bob Wink
#8 Travis Fisher
#42 Jamie Damon

Thrillers:
#2am Marissa Nelmes
#830 Kevin Makarewicz
#98 Jeff Owler
#17 Josh Oswald

Street Stock:
#461 Rich DiMarco

Late Model:
#19 Larry Fisher
Mountain 2 seater

Modified:
#63 Kory Rabenold
#8 Lou Strohl
? Barry Callavini

TRUX:
#43 Richard Petey

I am asking that all drivers attempt to be there between 1:00 and 1:30 so that we may be properly setup by 2:00.
ALL DRIVERS are urged to attend-even if not bringing race car.

toots
07-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Replying to my own post. Always had a problem with math!!! 14 cars will be attending.