PDA

View Full Version : Transponder info

x3racer
07-22-2006, 07:55 PM
I had a question? Did any of the transponders work? I'm talking about the trux and big cars. If they only didn't work in the 4cyls. then on the 30th the 4cyls. shouldn't have to pay for the transponders, since we didn't get any of the money back. I just thought I would share that. Who thinks that that would be right?

EnduroFromDE
07-22-2006, 09:20 PM
Let's see who agrees?..... You, Me, and the other 48 cars there. But I don't think the transponders worked at all that day, because the big cars and trucks also got the 72 points to anyone outside the top 10.

pitbull113
07-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Transponders not working? What else is new? Every other time we race, the transponders don't work, but we still get charged the $10. If you rent something and it doesn't work, you should get your money back! Bad enough we paid $10 for a stupid plastic bracket and now we need new ones!! What a load of crap, if Billy was the man he says he is, then we would have gotten our money back every time the transponders didn't work. Sorrys don't walk the dog. :mad:

Erin C
07-27-2006, 09:25 PM
Billy has NOTHING to do with that area of the race track, so instead of getting mad at him wrongfully you should take it up with the person in charge of that.

pitbull113
07-27-2006, 09:43 PM
We rented the transponders for a NEETS event. Since there was a problem with the transponders then NEETS should get us our money back.

richardpetey
07-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Erin is correct, Billy doesn't have control or make any money on the transponders............... :help:
If restitution is not made at this race for the previous transponder screw-ups refuse to rent a transponder................................ :disgusted
Bring a scorer/lap counter and ask Billy to bring out the flop clock................ :rolleyes:
The scoring can't get any worse/more creative than the last couple of races with the transponders........................ :eek:
Its amazing, after all the cheating I've seen over the years with hand scoring(flop clocks), I would have bet a million transponders I'd never be begging to bring'em back................................ :confused:
If you guys/gals pull together Joe C. might have a change of heart about charging us for brackets/transponders that don't work................... :applause:
UNCLE PETEY............................ :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Mobigsly
07-29-2006, 01:33 AM
Sounds like a strike. Are we going to picket?

Sac-Man
07-29-2006, 11:17 AM
I wish I knew the big picture a little better. If the track is in financial trouble and can’t really part with the transponder revenue then I happily will kiss my $10 good bye to keep racing. Hindsight is always 20/20 and I’m disappointed that we could have this transponder issue so soon after the previous problem with the loops. I would have thought that the whole system and how it’s being used would have been evaluated.
I don’t like the flop clock because of how some will get creative with it.
Can this be changed?
1. Due to the amount of cars the race will be NASCAR type computerized transponder scored and every car must rent a unit from the speedway for a $10 fee.
To stay viable does the track need all this revenue?
Can’t we permit racers to purchase and use their own transponders? I like the electronic scoring. It is better than the flop clock. I think we’re just learning the hard way about how long the hardware can be expected to perform. Now the track is taking a big financial hit to reinvest in this system. The burden would not be so great if the drivers were able to use their own transponder. I feel the recent scoring is hurting the momentum of our series and I don’t want the track to fail.
I don’t know how serious Petey is about going back to the flop clock but my point is if the electronic scoring is going to be used then it’s got to be understood how important it is to keep it in good working order; and I would like the option of racers being able to buy their own if they don’t have confidence in the equipment they are renting.
I realize we won’t get any info on track finances here but I want to put this option in everyone’s head. I would like this rule changed.

My two pennies.
#6 Sac-Man

NJ Chick
07-29-2006, 11:57 AM
You can purchase your own transponder and use it, some people already do. But just so you know, it will cost you $5.00 to use your own for use of the system. However....if the system isn't working for ALL of the transponders during a race, rented or owned, there still will be problems.

EnduroFromDE
07-29-2006, 01:38 PM
The reason why some rent a transponder is the fact they don't race every week and NEETS is all they race in. Why should we spend 200 bucks and buy a transponder and only use it once a month, when we can just rent one for 10 bucks and don't worry too much if it's broken, lost, or not charged enough when race weekend comes rollin in? But..... like NJ said, if the loopy loops got their loops in a loop again (which was promised not to loop itself) or if the trans-ceiver is loopy, then our $200 transponders are not going to work any better then their loopy transponders. So to sum it all up.......STOP LOOPING COMPLAINING and RACE. Ain't that why MOST of us are here anyway.
LOOP!!! YEEAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
sorry. see ya tommorow
(Just FYI....The units are $400 each, not $200, BillyB)

NEETS-1
07-29-2006, 01:39 PM
This system is still in its infancy and we are all finding out the quirks and problems. NASCAR uses this same exact system, except for one thing...they buy new transponder units every year. We are not NASCAR and cannot afford $80,000 a year to keep this system 100%. But we do know now that the life expectancy of these units is about 6 years before they get weak enough not to run them two times in one weekend. They are still ok with a minimum 14 hour charge for the first usage.
The transponder system is the only way to go with this amount of cars unless you really do not care where you finish. The veterans of Enduro racing will tell you all the trouble it is when using the old ways.
We will have problems at some points in our series, we are not perfect and that is to be expected in anything. I do my best to not have problems and right whatever wrongs do happen.
I try to give everyone a chance to get into racing affordably, a place to do it and a series that cares about its members. If anyone out there can tell me truthfully they can do a better job...make me an offer on this series and all it's equipment....I'll give ya the chance. (Maybe I'll build an enduro car and have some fun) :wave: .