PDA

View Full Version : Smoke

Ace
07-23-2006, 08:27 PM
Let's see, at Daytona he preaches that someone is going to be killed and in the race he wrecks Matt Kenseth on purpose at 190mph. :disgusted

Last week at Loudon in the modified race, he gets into Goodale, gets into Marquis a couple of times, and Marquis has ENOUGH and left turns him off turn 2. Has words after the race with Tony Hirschman and tell's him if he has a problem, he'll be back in September. :disgusted

His spotter on Sunday at Loudon tells him Newman is coming with fresh tires. He decides to race him like Newman races him. What an IDIOT! You're leading the race and Newman is 2 laps down, you squeeze him going into turn 3 and you end up in the fence. :applause:

Then today, the 07 squeezes him off turn 4, ok so you got your hand out the window showing your displeasure with him but then he makes a LEFT turn into the 07 who collects the 99. :mad:

NASCAR needs to do something with this IDIOT. Yes, they put him a lap down, big deal it should've been a 5 lap penalty.

I would love to see him needing a good finish at Richmond to make the Chase, maybe the 17, 12, 07, or 99 gets into him and he DOESN'T make the Chase. With 6 races left to the Chase, he has a chance to add to drivers looking for PAYBACK. :lol:

44Magnum
07-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Didn't you just love the lecture Tony Stewart gave about all the disrespectful "young" drivers during his post-race interview? Then they interviewed Carl Edwards (who was probably knocked out of contention for the Chase thanks to Tony's actions today), and we found out that Tony added insult to injury by giving Carl "The Finger" after Carl got wrecked, a fact which Tony conveniently forgot to mention.

So much for "respect."

And, speaking of respect, even if he can't show his competitors respect on the track, Tony should show a little respect for the fans and his sport off the track by shaving once in awhile, instead of looking like a Bowery bum when he goes on the air.

So the list of drivers looking to pay Tony back grows by 2--Bowyer and Edwards. Like Ace, I hope Tony (and Jeff Gordon) are both on the "bubble" for the Chase at Richmond, and someone that they wrecked earlier in the season decides on a little payback. It'll serve them both right.

EricBrill33
07-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Another insult Tony gave Carl was that he wasn't a guy that he runs up front with. Carl made the chase last year and had the possibility of making it this year if Tony hadn't wrecked him. Clint Bowyer coming into this was 16th in points and also had an outside shot of getting into the chase, but he is basically eliminated now because of Tony. Clint noticed that he got Tony fairly close to the wall but he drove to the inside to give him some more room, but that obviously didn't make a difference.

44chargerfan
07-23-2006, 11:14 PM
Tony took the air off Clint's spoiler and then blames Clint, lol.

Charlie's Angel
07-24-2006, 10:25 AM
Wow, I couldn't agree with you all more. Something has to be done with Tony Stewart. He is out of control. After hearing his interview after the race, what an arrogant guy. He really thinks he is all that. An apology to Carl would have been nice. But as Carl reports, he got the finger instead. Respect? I hope the other drivers miss that class, if Tony is teaching it.

maestri fan 1
07-24-2006, 05:57 PM
http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/headlines/cup/07/24/tstewart.pocono.blame/index.html

This is from nascar.com, thought you all might want to read this.

Rich Mergl
07-24-2006, 07:06 PM
A Quote from Stewart in todays Pocono Record:
"Stewart said he was simply trying to teach the young Bowyer a lesson, much like Dale Earnhardt would have done, after Bowyer nudged Stewart into the wall on the front stretch."
"We just need to do something a little different here and that's how you learn things" said Stewart, who was given a one-lap aggressive driving penalty. "You learn from guys who are veterans in the series. You've got so many of these guys who are running Busch on Saturday and Cup on Sunday, and they don't use their heads on give and take and then WE end up in the wall because a guy won't let us go and then he ends up in the wall"
"It's the same thing the guy in the No 3 car (EARNHARDT) would have done. He'd have done the same thing if the roles were reversed. Eventually, these guys figure out, you know, 'Hey, I had a bad day because I didn't use my head'."
Stewart said he only intended to hit Bowyer and was sorry to have included Edwards.

W. J.
07-24-2006, 08:27 PM
So what seems to be missing here is a comment from Carl Edwards as to why he hit Stewart twice! It is sort of understandable the first shot going into the pits, but to hit him again later on a restart, and who knows how many more shots he might have taken given the opportunity.
I'm NOT making excuses for Stewart, it was one of the most outright blatant hits I've ever seen, and he paid the price, having to work his way back to the lead lap the hard way, no 'lucky dog' available for that type of penalty (GOOD!!). It was a well deserved penalty, and it would be nice to see it done at all NASCAR races, either Cup, Busch, or local Saturday night tracks.

witchin8
07-24-2006, 08:43 PM
So what seems to be missing here is a comment from Carl Edwards as to why he hit Stewart twice! It is sort of understandable the first shot going into the pits, but to hit him again later on a restart, and who knows how many more shots he might have taken given the opportunity.
I'm NOT making excuses for Stewart, it was one of the most outright blatant hits I've ever seen, and he paid the price, having to work his way back to the lead lap the hard way, no 'lucky dog' available for that type of penalty (GOOD!!). It was a well deserved penalty, and it would be nice to see it done at all NASCAR races, either Cup, Busch, or local Saturday night tracks.

Personally I don't think the 1 lap penalty was enough. I would sit him at INDY. At one point I liked Stewart, but now he says "Someone's going to get killed out there", and he's trying to prove it. If Edwards wasn't there, I think Bowyer would have had a bad wreck with the inside wall.

Also, why did Stewart have to flip Edwards off. I would hit him as much as I could, too.

W. J.
07-24-2006, 08:52 PM
Also, why did Stewart have to flip Edwards off. I would hit him as much as I could, too.

He only did that after Edwards hit him. It's not the first time a driver has flipped off another, and it won't be the last. Too bad that's not the only thing that was done.
I understand Edwards anger as an innocent bystander, but the spin going into the pits (and the resulting penalty to Edwards) should have been the end of it.
I agree, Stewart probably should have gotten a minimum 2-5 lap penalty, but that's NASCAR's decision to make, and they have proven to be a bit lenient in all areas where they should be getting tough.

pitbull113
07-24-2006, 09:18 PM
I would have dumped Tubby Stupid every chance I got. If I could have wrecked him on the way home from the track I would have. If anybody needs a lesson learned i'd say it would be Tony. That idiot is one of the most talented drivers around but he acts like a spoiled little girl (sorry no disrespect meant towards girls).