PDA

View Full Version : Things stolen out of Trailer

modprincess8x
07-27-2006, 01:41 PM
I just wanted to let all the drivers and crews be aware that some low-life is going around at other tracks and stealing out of trailers during races (especially at those tracks associated with the TVMRS). We raced at Seekonk last night and when we got back to our trailer after our feature we noticed that a radiator was stolen out of our trailer. We brought it to the TVRMS officials attention and they told us they are aware that stealing has been a problem lately at other tracks they go to. Once they told me that I went back to my trailer to realize that $1000.00 had been stolen out of Eddie's pants pocket, which was rolled up in a ball stuffed somewhere in the front of the trailer! After talking to the officials and them saying basically that these tracks need more security in the pits we talked to some of the other drivers to find out that another driver had his jack stolen and money out of his pants pocket as well. The TVRMS regulars were told at Waterford that it would be a good idea to lock up their trailers during the feature but the officials failed to mention anything at the drivers meeting or to any of the non-regular drivers to the TVRMS. I also made the officials of Seekonk aware of the situation and their response to me was why do we have $1000.00 laying around in the trailer? I told them last time I checked drivers needed money to pay to get in, tires, gas, parts...etc.

I am letting everyone know about this so that if you go to any of these races you know to lock up your trailer during the feature so like us you don't get robbed. I am also hoping that somebody may have information about who is doing this and will speak up about. Thanks.

44chargerfan
07-27-2006, 03:36 PM
how can someone just walk away with something that large and not be noticed by someone else in the pits :confused:

Dinger44
07-27-2006, 05:59 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Guess we're not going there anymore. Good thing I didn't go.

modprincess8x
07-27-2006, 07:25 PM
They had the mods parked all together in a parking lot, so during the race that part of the pits was a ghost town since everyone was watching the race. It just sucks that you have to lock up your trailer and if you need to come in to pit you have to unlock your trailer before you can do anything.

44chargerfan
07-27-2006, 07:37 PM
That is pretty bad that someone constantly steals from trailers and hasn't been caught yet.

racingfan
07-27-2006, 08:39 PM
i'm new to this .but didn't this happen at riverhead(radio stolen??) just asking don't bite my head off plz.i grew in brentwood now i live in florida people will steal no matter what. they have no problem doing it.we need to be more careful

art11758
07-28-2006, 09:26 AM
Unfortunately I think its happened lots of places before. I seem to recall it happened to the 99 (Tomaino) crew two years ago at Seekonk (money missing). Criminals being what criminals are see opportunity and act.(that statement in no way condones such behavior, just makin' a point) I'm sorry it happened, especially at a track I like to spectate at so much. Hopefully someone saw something and you will at least get your property back.

tstiles
07-28-2006, 07:39 PM
Set 'em up !Try and catch them by purposely leaving something out and have someone watch. I hate crooks. I hope they get their legs broken.

Jaws
07-29-2006, 11:49 AM
Sorry you guys got ripped off. Doesn't sound like the TVMS people seem to care too much about the outside cars.

TruValueRacer
07-30-2006, 07:45 PM
No, I believe that the officials on the TVMRS do care, but just like everyone else, what can they do? They have a race to run and a show to put on. No one stays back at the trailers, they all have jobs to do. I was there that night, and yes, it does suck that someone would do that and that we have to lock our trailers. Me being at Waterford at the driver's meeting, I don't remember it ever being said to lock our trailers, because I would have been more aware and would have locked the trailer. I've also heard this is happening not just on this touring series, but also on the Whelen Tour. Hopefully they will catch them and we can go back to our traliers and not have to worry to see if anything is missing. I locked everything money wise in the truck this past weekend at Monadnock, just to be on the safe side.

chrome horn
07-30-2006, 09:17 PM
To be honest, the only place I know of it occuring is Seekonk. Last year Jim Storace's team had money and stuff taken. I have not heard of anything being stolen at any other track, and none to my knowledge this year on the WMT. Seekonk has the mods in an area that is not protected. They are only about 50 yards top from rt6.Anybody can get access to the cars/ trailers. I find it weird that the last three years @ Seekonk people have had stuff taken and the track has done nothing about it.

modprincess8x
07-30-2006, 10:03 PM
The least they could've done was make an annoucement at the drivers meeting that it is going on so everyone that doesn't race the series would be aware and would be sure to lock up their trailers. That's all I wish they would've done, they can't get us our money or parts back, but it may have been prevented if they just told everyone. So I'm passing this on, so that more people know what is going on, and they can be prepared.

DAN D.
08-07-2006, 12:10 PM
I used to keep my money in my helmet .. never got stolen while I was driving, that is if there was no family member or friend that I could pass off the bucks to.. with reading all this crap that happens.. I am sorry to say what I pictured IF the person got caught!! jack handle to the head, torso, fan into a scalding hot motor with the engine running, high octane gas with a funnel(not to digestible, then thrown into a trunk of a 4cyl endo car before the 10 lapper .. it sucks and these people will get caught ..Thank Goodness I havent heard of anything at The head.