PDA

View Full Version : Turn 2 Mod Series Scene Guys(and Gals)

Jaws
07-29-2006, 02:01 PM
I know there are the turn 1 cowboys but for the next 2 weeks there will also be the "Tbax Turn 2 Mod Boys(and gals)".

Stop by and say hello!!

RGeeProductions
07-29-2006, 11:58 PM
I stopped by and said hello! Nice plug by the way!!! LOL

Jaws
07-30-2006, 10:04 AM
Thanks, I ended up sitting with my sister and kids between 1 & 2 and saw a bunch of people.

Too bad the mod race was a demo.

I hope next week is better.

Too funny the Turn 1 Cowboys rode the pace car and were handing out autographed pictures!!!

turn1cowboy
07-30-2006, 11:49 AM
How crazy is that, the cowboy handing out autograph, we handed out 150 pictures to the fans :applause: !! Tbax what does that stand for :confused: Racing Creations hooked the Turn 1 Cowboys up with some really cool new signs, we really appreciated all the time and effort you put in :applause: . We also would like to thank Unique Golf, Bonsignore Cart Shoppe, WBAB, Ideal Cesspools, Racing Creations, JYD Enterprises, Dimino Designs and the security for all their work around the track to keep the people safe. THANK YOU. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

W. J.
07-30-2006, 03:17 PM
TBax is Ted Baxter, race fan extraordinaire, and racing's connection to Hampton Jitney and it's famous race trips. :)

Jaws
07-30-2006, 06:09 PM
Turn 1 cowboys as rowdy as they are are fun to watch and really get into the racing.

Whatever anyone thinks about them, they're are into racing, are they're there every week and get the crowd into it.

Nice job last night.

turn1cowboy
07-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Thanks, we love racing and try to keep people coming to Riverhead raceway :applause: Can't wait for the tour race next week!!

RGeeProductions
07-30-2006, 07:10 PM
And fun to watch as he tried to walk into pits before gates open and purposely ignore gate official. Official yelled and he kept walking. The Official ended up winning!!!!!

unowho243
07-30-2006, 07:48 PM
I'll be back next week Boys, see you all then! Wanna have some fun, come to turn 1! :cool:

turn1cowboy
08-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Turn 2 tries to compete with us. It would be good show for the fans but I bet we'd win as THE LOUDEST TURN AT THE RIVERHEAD, turn 1 :applause: :applause: :wave:

wayne
08-01-2006, 08:14 PM
HEY JT, DIDN'T YOU START OFF IN TURN 2 ?:applause:

LongIslandJam
08-01-2006, 08:37 PM
It's a good competition to have among fans, but let's keep it friendly. The turn 2 crew have been long time dedicated fans of the track. Some of the best folks out there are among them (Ted Baxter, the Halpins, to name a few). Let's keep it friendly... The more dedicated fans we have around the track, the better! :)

The Bullfather
08-01-2006, 08:40 PM
everyone forgets about the Blue Tarp Crew on the back!!! Hey J.A. waiting for my LongIslandJam.com blue trap for hang up!

wayne
08-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Hey J.A., Don't Forget The Meyer's, Curtis's, Turbush's, & Van Houten's, Just To Name A Few More.

LongIslandJam
08-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Pete, get me some prices, and we'll do it...

Wayne - those are some quality families too in Turn 2... Like I said, turns 1 and 2 have some great quality people!:)

And as an FYI: I myself am a former Turn 2 crew guy... I used to hang out at the picnic tables with my father and brother when I first started going...

turn1cowboy
08-01-2006, 09:33 PM
I myself used to hang out in turn 2. Turn one is just way closer to the beer, food, bathroom, and beer, oh wait, I already said that. :applause:

Mortgage Guy
08-01-2006, 09:41 PM
I say the Turn 2 Crew chip in and by the Turn 1 Cowboys some beer and get a sign made up for sponsorship. Let the cowboys show off the turn 2 sign... I'm in, anyone else from turn 2?

W. J.
08-02-2006, 09:15 AM
I'm (literally) in between on this one, as that's the best place for me to sit to follow all the action and take notes to report on the races...just far enough away that the noise is not a distraction, and close enough to be able to follow what is going on with both, LOL! Rock on to both groups!!!

Charlie's Angel
08-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Wasn't Ted Baxter (Ted Knight) on the Mary Tyler Moore Show? He was the news anchorman I believe.

I guess I'm a turn 3 or 4 crew. I sit in the pit stands. We don't have signs though. Just a lot of radios.

I hope all the turns have a great time Saturday for the Tour race. Hopefully it won't be so hot this w/e. :cool:

W. J.
08-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Wasn't Ted Baxter (Ted Knight) on the Mary Tyler Moore Show? He was the news anchorman I believe.
Correct, but this Ted Baxter is way smarter, LOL!

Charlie's Angel
08-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Oh ok.. hopefully less arrogant also! LOL

art11758
08-02-2006, 10:11 AM
Oh ok.. hopefully less arrogant also! LOL
TBax (Ted) is a great guy. Funny too! Venture over and you will be glad you did.
I will try again this week to get over there or I will just catch everybody at tHe ShAdOw's grill after the races.

Teds Race Tours
08-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Jeez, how did I miss this thread.
Yes, as I tell other people, Ted Baxter was on the Mary Tyler Moore Show, But I had the name 1st, and he's no longer with us, So I'm the Ted Baxter of record.
Turn 2 vs Turn 1? Nah, let's just all enjoy the races and be glad we're not in turn 5. You can't see anything from over there.

Here's a pic of some of turn 2's finest. Quite a few didn't make this picture including Danny, Dominick, Julie, Neal, Cathy, Lynn, Chad, World Famous Woody, Eddie, Steve, Dawn, and many others who make the Turn 2 experience a great place to watch the races from.

http://www.modseriesscene.com/gallery/album132/HH1_5411