PDA

View Full Version : A note from Jayski

The Bullfather
07-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Word has it:
Crew Chiefs out at Yates?: Hearing that Robert Yates Racing has released crew chiefs Tommy Baldwin and Slugger Labbe. (7-30-2006)

He did seem more at ease this year and seemed to be having a good time in the pits. I understand the circumstances of the first race for his dad, but he seemed to be having a good time this year. I wonder if this is why!?!

Edited to remove info NOT on Jayski site, hopefully ending confusion. W.J.

Jaws
07-30-2006, 06:11 PM
So Tommy got fired the night he was at his father's memorial race?

RGeeProductions
07-30-2006, 07:07 PM
Word has it:
Crew Chiefs out at Yates?: Hearing that Robert Yates Racing has released crew chiefs Tommy Baldwin and Slugger Labbe. (7-30-2006)

He did seem more at ease this year and seemed to be having a good time in the pits. I understand the circumstances of the first race for his dad, but he seemed to be having a good time this year. I wonder if this is why!?!
Ok, it's hot and I again am confused. You first state TB is released from Yates, then you say rumor Ward going to Yates and they could be teamed up again. If released, how could this be????
NOTE: WJ edited original post so now this makes no sense.

W. J.
07-30-2006, 08:46 PM
Looking into the source of this information (jayski.com), there is only a statement there as quoted by bullfather in the first sentence of his post. The rest seems to be pure speculation, so let's not all get too excited.

For anyone who was actually paying attention to Tom Jr last night as he spoke with Bob Finan, he said HE will be making an announcement early this week (Monday?) about his future plans.

LongIslandJam
07-30-2006, 09:21 PM
If I remember right, the announcement will be Monday about Yates' new driver.

Longtimeracer
07-30-2006, 11:13 PM
:confused: I asked Tommy what was going on (basically with the situation with Sadler moving to the 19 and who was going to replace Sadler) He told me "we (us) would know on Monday." I thought he was referring to Sadler not himself!
Too bad optonline took speed channel off my TV. :confused:

Mortgage Guy
07-31-2006, 10:57 AM
According to JAYSKI, he is going back to Bill Davis Racing. Good for him if it happens ;) , a lot better technology and more factory backing. Should be fun to watch.

hollywoodmic
07-31-2006, 05:13 PM
Jaws, he wasn't fired. It was a mutual parting. Tommy is going to go back and be the General Manager at Bill Davis Racing to help head up the new Toyota influx. He did the same thing for BDR when they introduced Dodge. I wish him and RYR the best of luck.

LongIslandJam
07-31-2006, 09:35 PM
Official answer according to Jayski:

Bill Davis Racing (BDR) announced today that Tommy Baldwin Jr. will join the organization serving as Competition Director for its Nextel Cup Series multi-car efforts, effective August 1, 2006. Baldwin returns to the team after having spent four seasons with the organization from 1999-2002. Included in Baldwin’s responsibilities as competition director will be overseeing Bill Davis Racing’s conversion to Toyota for the 2007 Nextel Cup season. Baldwin will work closely with leaders from Toyota Racing Development, Inc. (TRD) and Triad Racing Development, Inc. (a technical partner to TRD) to ensure a smooth transition and will also work with existing Bill Davis Racing crew chiefs to guarantee an efficient and effective transformation to Toyota.(BDR/NASCAR PR)(7-31-2006)

art11758
08-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Too bad optonline took speed channel off my TV.
If you agree to a digital converter box you will get it back. I was told by a Cablevision tech that Speed went digital and thats why we don't get it anymore. I didn't ask what the additional cost for said box would be since I already think Cablevision is waaaay too expensive.

W. J.
08-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Speed is included on both DirecTV and Dish satellite packages, at no 'additional charge per channel' like Cablevision does. Satellite is all digital NOW, not converting bit by bit.

And hey, congratualtions to TB Jr. on your promotion! Have you enrolled in 'Japanese as a second language' classes yet, LOL?

pinkswifee
08-01-2006, 01:22 PM
http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/headlines/cup/07/31/djarrett.esadler.crewchiefs/index.html

LongIslandJam
08-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Hey WJ,

I work for a Japanese owned company, and they speak fluent English, just got to get used to the terminology ;)

TMAC
08-01-2006, 07:45 PM
i screwd up,box is 5 bucks remote like 34 cents

Jaws
08-01-2006, 09:48 PM
Thats good to hear, it would have been pretty cold to do it that day.

W. J.
08-02-2006, 09:49 AM
Hey WJ,

I work for a Japanese owned company, and they speak fluent English, just got to get used to the terminology ;)
It was a joke, though their top engineers may use unfamiliar terms, using your theory, LOL. :lol: