PDA

View Full Version : Can we wreck any more cars next week!

VNYLGRFX
07-30-2006, 07:14 PM
Any thoughts on wrecking some more cars this up coming week.........

That was a sorry case of show NASCAR what we are all about
I'm sure Jerry Cook was impressed with our race!

I think we should all CONCENTRATE on RACING instead of wrecking,
Anybody remember Racing? :disgusted

Mike Fields
07-30-2006, 07:43 PM
I was talking to Jerry after the race for a few minutes last night about how it was in the old days when he raced. He reminded me that there were some wreck-fests that he was in that were a heck of a lot worse than that.

Still, it wasn't the division's shining moment, was it? Come to think of it, how about the seven (7) cautions that flew during the Super Pro Truck race with 12 only trucks and 20 laps?

Wheel Racing
07-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Any thoughts on wrecking some more cars this up coming week.........

That was a sorry case of show NASCAR what we are all about
I'm sure Jerry Cook was impressed with our race!

I think we should all CONCENTRATE on RACING instead of wrecking,
Anybody remember Racing? :disgusted

I think the biggest problem was having 3 weeks between races (schedule and rain,not faulting anyone) and then expecting too many drivers with not too much seat time to be prepared. The season is already winding down, so the top points guys are under pressure to get to the front while the lesser experienced guys are already there. Sometimes we can't expect guys with 6 weeks racing experience to be ready for the freight train coming there way. I will quote one of my competitors here, "Without a bigger car count like in years past, we have drivers starting up front in a feature that would have never made the feature 5 years ago." D.A. Tough situation all around, but I have to say, the last 2 races were not the proudest of my career to be in. All the wrecks this week and the last race having to go single file on the lap 6 re-start. We need to do a better job as a division. Time will tell. Besides Dale we still need our asterisks!

allhailunc
07-31-2006, 05:34 AM
Hey Vny-to give you a clue, Jerry Cook :mad: :disgusted could give 2 "Hoots" about what happens (take this from someone who has had personal talks with him in the long ago past about certain proceedings).

leah28racing
07-31-2006, 09:03 AM
I agree, the whole night at Riverhead was terrible. I think there were more cautions in 1 night then in a whole season. Mods had what, 13 cautions? It was a disgrace for every division. It was like we had 6 demos!!!! different classes.

Gravel
08-01-2006, 11:06 AM
IMHO, the problem is twofold. One, drivers not having enough seat time, but this is "entry level racing". The second, and I feel more about this one, is a lack of respect among drivers. :disgusted :disgusted The drivers really need to sit and talk to one another to clear the air between them.

art11758
08-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Aren't the less experienced drivers told to stay to the inside? Not that it is in anyway thier fault if they aren't able to get there. I agree with Gravel that there needs to be a bit more give and take and a little less push and shove. I still have a picture of 5 wide BB racing (well four on the track, one down below the bumps...) on my wall that tells me it can be done.