PDA

View Full Version : Turn 1 cowboys

Ben Dover
08-01-2006, 08:46 AM
What's the big deal over these guys?

1- Last week they rode in the pace cars during the national anthem, one of them had their black cowboy hat on. How disrespectful is that?

2- Last week they yelled vulgar chants towards the turn 2 crew.

3- They hold such small signs only people very close to them can see them.

As far as I'm concerned these guys are a bunch of wannabes.

allhailunc
08-01-2006, 08:57 AM
Hey someone had to take over for the "Larry & Larry" show :lol:. I found these gents to be having a good old time, never interfering with anyone's ability to see the races while having fun.The signs, which I could read from my vantage point just after the start-finish line, were more that large enough and we (my son & I)thought, were original in their content. Leave these guys alone-they're good for the track, good for "Beer" sales :rolleyes: and just good for a good time. Gents if we show make sure there are 2 spaces available for us-we'd be damn proud to sit with you. :applause: :applause: :applause:

debbie33
08-01-2006, 09:01 AM
They have brought back some fun out in the stands. They have added life to the crowd. They are not there to hurt anyone. The Turn One Cowboys are just race loving guys enjoying themselves every Saturday night cheering for their favorite drivers and booing their not so favorite drivers. Stop being so stuffy, give them a break. Go Turn One Cowboys!!!!! Thanks for the great big cheers for the 38 on Saturday!!!

Ben Dover
08-01-2006, 09:09 AM
By the way Debbie, very nice run by Ken Heagy Saturday although his finish doesn't reflect how well he ran.

Mortgage Guy
08-01-2006, 10:17 AM
I do enjoy watching these guys they are a lot of fun but I do have to agree with good old Ben on the fact that one of them was wearing their hat during the anthem which really stuck out for me. Again they are human and can make mistakes but at the end of the day they bring more to the table then most fans on a Saturday night.

W. J.
08-01-2006, 10:29 AM
The Turn 1 Cowboys have brought more fun to racing this year than anything else that has happened off the track. They rode in the pace cars, WAVING their hats to the fans. Their signs to people in turn two are all in fun, not meant to be malicious. They are there to have fun, add enthusiam to the races, and drink beer, LOL! Their signs may be limited, but their hearts are in the right place. Just because their favorite driver(s) aren't yours or mine, we shouldn't hold that against them. They come out each week and support racing at their home track, which helps support the driver and teams, too. We won't get into their support of Boenig Bros. here, that's for another thread, LOL! :lol:

debbie33
08-01-2006, 12:47 PM
Thanks he did have a great run for a change.

Hey Hey Hey
08-01-2006, 04:30 PM
Turn 1 Cowboys ROCK.. Love the new signs...

imaturn1cowboy
08-01-2006, 04:30 PM
I feel that if you really have a problem with us having fun, turn away. (like in turn 2) lol. We don't talk about you guys that are not having as much fun as us. I feel that you guys just don't like us because we have all these great supporters that really see what we are about. If you must know, the people we boo, they are really our friends. We see them in the pits after the show and shake their hands.
About the hat in the pace car last week. If a hat was left on, it was purely accidental. From being at the track for most of my life, I have seen plenty of people leaving their hat on, both fans and workers, during the anthem. This was just brought up because you have the need to put us down. We are good fans to Riverhead Raceway. Sorry we all can't be on the same page. I guess that's why they make more grandstands besides turn 1.

hollywoodmic
08-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Cowboys you guys are awesome, the most entertaining and freshest thing we've had at the Head in years. Please don't ever apoligize for the way you act. Site the source Ben here has been emailing me visciously for 2 years since my close friend Tom Baldwin passed away. He always emails me about how I am trying to "gain fame off his death", how I "scam all the money from the golf outing" we do in Tommy's name. But, in doing all of this, countless times I have asked Ben to get together with me, tell him where I'm going to be. He never shows up, I just want to know what type of person would say or do things like this. He watches almost everything my brother and myself do on Saturdays, I have the emails to prove it. If anyone would like to see good old "Ben's" emails contact me, I'll forward them to you. They won't even let him post on MSS with out being moderated, because of the comments he made to me. He actually set himself up as allhailunc over there, and I know it wasn't Larry Murdock. It's not Larry's style.

Tom Baldwin was a dear friend of mine and many of yours, and it's so sad that someone needs to behave like this...........as per usual Ben is stirring up the S*it. It makes him feel great to get a reaction. I hope he's happy with mine.

Cowboys you guys are great, keep up the good work and as I said, just look at the source.

My brother and I both have emails from Big Ben, if you'd like to see them just let me know. Oh, Ben I'm sure you'll be watching what the Cowboys are doing in turn 1, perhaps say HI. No that would be out of character for you. You know where I'll be stop by and say hi for once. I'll bring the books from the outing you can see exactly where all the money goes.

Keep it up Cowboys, I love the show.

Steve Halpin

unowho243
08-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Keep It up cowboys, people just dont like us because they dont like the attention we get. I think its great in turn one. I couldn't spend my time at the track with a better bunch of people if i tried too. The truth is the Cowboys are a great bunch of people who LOVE racing and cheering/Booing their FRIENDS. From hanging out with the Cowboys this whole season they have made going to the races fun again!

THE OFFICIAL TURN 1 COWBOY PHOTOGRAPHER JIM LAIRD

rabbid1
08-01-2006, 07:44 PM
The cowboy bashers have to be a little open minded . I myself bashed em for booing a guy who won his first race , And after seeing what they mean to the track , And then meeting a couple of them , I've found them to be pretty good guys , So leave em alone . So you dont get to ride in the pace car . I'm sure they'll let you sweep up speedy dry , Or clean the port-a -pottys or something .Hey getting booed is better than getting no response at all . We need engaged fans and drivers to keep our little slice of NASCAR here in Riverhead .

turn1cowboy
08-01-2006, 07:52 PM
COME TO TURN ONE TOO HAVE FUN !!!!!!! Thats our motto .. :applause: , and let me tell you this, is that I see more people wearing cowboy hats to the track!!!! :applause: come to turn one, we will give you a sign to hold up and you can cheer and drink beer with us all night!!

LongIslandJam
08-01-2006, 08:35 PM
I admit it, I too had reservations about the Turn 1 Cowboys, but I realize they are just trying to have fun.

Yes, they are human... Yes, they make mistakes... And yes, I am sure they have learned from them... When I first started going to Riverhead I made many mistakes (some of which are the same that the Turn 1 guys did). We learn from them and move on. As long as their heart is in the right place and they remember to stay under control while having fun. They are okay in my book.

RacinRob
08-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Do the cowboys attend Sunday shows?

W. J.
08-01-2006, 11:05 PM
I've yet to see them at one. I think that's "Nurse the hangover day, lol". But who knows, things could change.

ectthunder
08-02-2006, 04:58 AM
To be honest with you the 1st time I heard these guys on opening night I thought to myself, OH GOD no one can take their kids out to a place to have fun without people acting like jerks! As the night and weeks went on, these guys are the best thing that have happened to the track, in my opionon! I believe these guys are great! I have been to the the track since 1994, I have been to the track almost every week since 2002. There is nothing wrong with guys having a blast and getting the fans with a smile on their faces!!!!! I don't believe in some of the drivers they back, but hey, you can't please everyone!! The only thing I can compare them to is going to a hockey game and you got that a group of fans that start all the chants!!!! Let me tell you something, these guys are great!!!! They make everything fun!! I love them, and my kids love the chants also! In my opinion, the turn1cowboys are bringing in the fans!!!! Keep it up guys!!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

unowho243
08-02-2006, 12:30 PM
Cheers to that!

wayne
08-02-2006, 03:19 PM
Hey Rob.. They can't, They're hung over from the night before! LOL

vsmidge68
08-02-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm just shocked that ANYONE would be so rude as to bash a bunch of guys & girls that are just trying to have some fun. If you ask me I think they should get an award at the end of the year for bringing more excitement to the track. They are probably the most positive PR that the track has gotten in a long time!! :wave:

vsmidge68
08-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Hey Rob.. They can't, Their hung over from the night before! LOL

What ever happened to " a hair of the dog that bit you"? They sell beer on Sundays........

wayne
08-02-2006, 03:54 PM
And Guess Who's Buying ........

dadeccles
08-02-2006, 04:42 PM
The turn 1 cowboys sound like a bunch of guys having fun at the races like it should be.(Dorney Park was great for that and so is Mountain Speedway.) If you want to see some people who will make you cover your kids ears and sorry you are a race fan, go to Williams Grove and sit with the drunks in the 3rd turn. Man, they are brutal.

tstiles
08-02-2006, 05:11 PM
Well, it's evident that there are more proponents than haters. I'm glad. With so much said in the cowboys defense, I will just add... I am one who is over protective when I'm with my 2 and a half year old son. I love bringing him to the track. We get up between races and stroll around the track between events. Dylan and I pass these fellows a dozen times a night. Sometimes we stand right under them with our backs to them taking in a panoramic view of the track. Some of the things they do are pretty damn funny. In all the times I've been in these guys presence, never have I felt there was any trouble looming. These guys are regular guys, and mean no harm to anyone. Anyone in their right mind who finds these guys to be a problem probably has a lot more problems just like this. Hence a **** stirrer who complains often. If you want quiet, go to church.

unowho243
08-02-2006, 05:50 PM
AMEN to that TST

turn1cowboy
08-02-2006, 07:04 PM
So with all of this stuff said about us, do we have any new comers? Come to turn 1 to help the cowboys spread the fun and still be the loudest turn at Riverhead Raceway, and I know that the turn 1 photographer will be there this week just in case anyone would like a picture with the TURN 1 COWBOYS!!!!! :applause: :applause: :applause:

unowho243
08-02-2006, 07:14 PM
Yes I will! Might even bring along the Cowboy hat!

imaturn1cowboy
08-02-2006, 08:47 PM
I want to thank all of the supporters of the turn 1 cowboys. Johnny T and I want to pack out turn 1 this week, and make the tour guys remember how we get it done up in turn 1!!!

imaturn1cowboy
08-02-2006, 08:49 PM
Oh and by the way, on Sundays the Cup race is on. Can't miss that!!!

art11758
08-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Do the cowboys attend Sunday shows?
They were at the May 7th enduro show, which was the first time I noticed them.

fradom
08-04-2006, 02:43 PM
I've got some friends coming to the Sat. night show for their first time in a few years. Of course I told 'em if you wanna have fun, sit in turn one. Show 'em a good time, Cowboys!

DAN D.
08-04-2006, 03:18 PM
For the first time this year I was at Riverhead last Saturday and I looked over to turn one a few times....and I thought I would see a banner or something ...but I did not. Then I tried to hear anything like yelling screaming chanting?? and nothing. I guess I have to get closer, I was in turn three, top row.

turn1cowboy
08-04-2006, 05:32 PM
You must have not been listening, because I heard that they can hear us in the pits. :applause: You didn't see banners, you do need glasses, because we've got like 50 signs in turn one. Look for us this week. :wave: We've got a bunch of give anyways to pass out, come see us!!

vsmidge68
08-04-2006, 07:14 PM
HEY WAYNE YOU BUYING????????????? :applause: