PDA

View Full Version : Whelen Modified Heat Races.

Teds Race Tours
08-02-2006, 10:56 AM
http://www.petitiononline.com/TBax/petition.html

Just started a petition for the WMT to run heat races again. Please sign if you wish to see this as well.

W. J.
08-02-2006, 11:00 AM
It sounds good to me, I signed. :)

Jones44
08-03-2006, 05:55 AM
Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only fan who prefers watching time trials over heat races... how 'bout a compromise- take the top XX cars from time trials, run one last chance race, and do away with provisionals!

LongIslandJam
08-03-2006, 07:23 AM
I like Jones' idea... Personally as a fan I hate time trials... BUT... From a team's perspective, it's the only way to go for the tour. If you guys expect to see the high car counts for the tour, keep the time trials. Otherwise the heats will eat up the car count and add an unnecessary expense for the tour. JMO

Mike Fields
08-03-2006, 07:42 AM
Too many cars can get torn up during heat races. However, if it's the only way to get into the show after not being fast enough on time, most, if not all teams would risk their sheet metal trying to get into a race as opposed to driving back across the Sound for nothing.

As per Jones, I gotta go for the "Consi", "Last Chance Race", "B-Main", "(insert your own name of preference here)", etc. After all, as I recall from the old days, the consi was oft times more exciting than the feature.

Teds Race Tours
08-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Why does everybody think that heats would be a wreckfest? Would these drivers suddenly forget how to drive? They ran heats fin the WMT for years, and to be honest with you, most of them at Riverhead were single file, but at least you had the chance that someone would pass someone. In all my years of watching Time Trials, I've never seen one car pass another, and that is sad and unentertaining for my admission fee.

TMAC
08-07-2006, 12:26 PM
Heat races will cost owners more money [tires]. Not going to happen with this series any more.

allhailunc
08-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Hampton I think the comment was meant that all the shows, not just the Tour, should be x amount of cars from time, with 1 last chance/consi/whatever. Have you seen some of the debacles when they put 6-7 cars out in heats at Riverhead? Guarantee 1 aint making the show because he be FUBAR. Especially when there aren't enough cars to truly make a full field. Best show I ever saw was at Langley in Virginia. Everyone times, then there was 1 consi race, and boy were they exciting.

mahoney28
08-07-2006, 11:12 PM
If heats were going to be run, how would you line them up?

art11758
08-08-2006, 09:28 AM
I would imagine you would handicap them as is done in the non time trial world. Handicapping is equitable and fair. Cars that haven't finished well or qualified at all start up front and consistently good finishers start in the rear. 10 laps or so sorts it all out. Of course, the potential for calamity or disaster is there as well. In the end though, racers will race and the results will set the field.

The Bullfather
08-08-2006, 11:56 AM
B-main 50 lapper if 40 or more modifieds show up!

Teds Race Tours
08-10-2006, 11:54 AM
We will need way more than 58 signatures to put any kind of pressure on Nascar to impliment this idea. Please get the word out there!!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/TBax/petition.html