PDA

View Full Version : Pit Rules for Sun/ 8/6

jmc1215
08-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Does anyone know if our 8 year old is allowed in the pits this weekend 8/6. If so is there a waiver that must be signed? Thanks!!

CJfilms
08-06-2006, 09:00 AM
There should not be a problem, as long as the waiver at the gate is signed, you'll be ok. If someone does give you a hard time...just blame it on the photo guy for saying ok!

I do have my reasons why I say it is ok...

NEETS-1
08-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Although our regular weekly racing is age 14 minimum to be in the pits, on special shows where people travel long distances, Joe will allow you to bring in your children if there is no one to watch them in the grandstands. However they must be under constant supervision, be accompanied by an adult at all times to and from the pit stands, bathrooms, etc. I also believe they must pay the normal pit entrance fee and sign a waiver.
This privilege is considered from race to race, and could be ended at any time if it is abused. It is for your benefit. If any child is seen by an official to be non-supervised, the parents/guardians will be removed to the grandstands and this practice will be ended.
Children are precious to us, and I could not stand to see a little one hurt because of someone's lack of care.