PDA

View Full Version : Happy Tour Day Everybody!!!!

Teds Race Tours
08-05-2006, 06:10 AM
BEAUTIFUL WEATHER, Let's pack the joint, and get our 2nd Show back for 2007!!!

RGeeProductions
08-05-2006, 08:40 AM
I'll second that motion!!!!

allhailunc
08-06-2006, 03:09 AM
ha-never happen on both accounts :lol: good luck on them :rolleyes:

Teds Race Tours
08-06-2006, 01:41 PM
I thought the crowd was pretty good. The backstretch was packed, the turns were pretty full, and the front stretch was more than 1/2 full. Hopefully enough to warrant a 2nd date in 07'

LongIslandJam
08-06-2006, 01:44 PM
What would really warrant a second date is a sponsor for the race. That's the real issue behind the lack of a second date.

The Bullfather
08-06-2006, 06:21 PM
Good crowd for a tour race at The Head. I want a second date with the following; Laps under don't count and we get a consi race for those going home or even a B-main if more than 40 modifieds show up for any event.

Also, once again, the Blunderbust put on the best show of the night when the tour rolls through. Even the out-of-towners agree!!!!

modified_fan
08-06-2006, 09:10 PM
One of the better tour crowds I can remember from recent years.

12!!! Long Island drivers making the field led by Heagy timing 2nd! (12 includes counting Lia and Ferrante.) I'm certain the Chase 77 and Barry 21 teams aren't all that happy lugging their tractor trailers home early in the eve because of our local boys.

The list of cars needing provisionals is darned impressive. Stefanik (hmmm.....only 8 or so Nascar Titles)....Civali (an up and comer for the King car)....Szegedy (past tour champ).....Houlihan (ok......not as impressive a name but a driver who's been hot of late).....and Jamie the Jet (past tour champ who can still get it done).

Ok......too many cautions......that long train race sequence mid race....i know....i know.....it happens with tour races. But all in all one exciting night.
Seeing Hartman spun (by Rogers?) and then jump in front of the leaders tightening the top 5 bumper to bumper for the last 4 laps was a hoot. I guess Hossfeld, Marquis and Stefanik did not feel they had the tires to go outside at that point and risk a top 5 finish, despite the log jam.

Hats off to Andrews, Steuer and Howie for their 6th, 7th and 8th place finishes!

Jaws
08-06-2006, 09:51 PM
One of the more interesting tour races in a while.

Good crowd tonight that really seemed to be into the race.

I thought that when Hartmann pulled back on the track we were going to have an interesting finish, but it had no effect on the outcome. The reason Rogers spun him was the 10 of Flemke had a tire going down and he was almost stopping in the turns stacking everyone up behind him.

Lia's car looked like it was through the war, same with the 46 and Civali.

Good runs for Andrews and Chuck Steuer, although Chuck faded to 7th at the end.

I have no problem seeing some of the tour regulars going home. Over the years, how many LI guys have been on the highway heading home from Stafford and Thompson before the feature start?? There are a few non-tour nights guys could come and practice with the regulars.

What did Ted say, let's play 2 next year??

art11758
08-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Pretty impressive list of provisionals indeed! Stefanik is also the current points leader, championships aside. Early on the passing was to the outside, then not much. The pass I missed was Marquis for third. (was paying attention elsewhere) The crowd was decent, weather comfortable, and the company ....excellent! Caught up with some old friends after the show as well.
I sure hope they are able to find some sponsorship for a June show next year.