PDA

View Full Version : Maliszewski

rabbid1
08-05-2006, 09:49 PM
Next time you want to give a "rookie" some advice, try introducing yourself first, and just a little bit less condescendingly. If winning a championship turns people into such a&# holes , I don't think I want one that badly. Maybe you should stay on your side of the pits with the other, too good for the room gang. I should have told you in person, but I can't wait 2 weeks. You really annoyed the crap out of me!

LongIslandJam
08-06-2006, 10:55 AM
Matt,

Scott's usually a good guy and I'm surprised he would come off on you like that. He's usually a quiet guy, so when he speaks, it's usually something important. And he's not the most charismatic guy, so it may seem a little harsh, but remember, he's a quiet guy by nature.

JMO

KickItUp
08-07-2006, 10:23 AM
He is the 2005 BB CHAMP, and has a few wins under his belt THIS season as well as the last few.. If he talks, you, or anyone, should listen.. It is obvious he KNOWS what he's talking about..

Or, choose NOT to listen, and end up bouncing off every car in the field EACH week as you go from front to back.. :disgusted

I understand everyone needs to learn, but when you have a champ speaking to you, trying to help you, don't pay attention to how you think he is talking to you, but listen to what he says, not how he says it.. Focus on what he is trying to help you with, not on anything else.. Ya just might learn something to help your own self.. Wouldn't that be something..?

pitbull113
08-07-2006, 10:48 AM
Scott is one of the nicest guys at the track and if anybody looks like an a&#hole right now, it's the person airing his personal problems with another driver on a public forum, instead of man to man.

leah28racing
08-07-2006, 10:56 AM
I agree with pitbull and Kickitup
Scott is a good guy, he's one of those that tries to help everyone, on or off the track.

Short & Simple
08-07-2006, 01:28 PM
My mother always told me, it's not what you say, it's how you say it. Now I did not see this particular conversation, but I did see the driver of the 00 car talk to the rookie girl in the 29. When they were done talking she was smiling.

Isn't this division entry level anyway? Don't entry level, rookie drivers make mistakes?

W. J.
08-07-2006, 01:32 PM
Isn't this division entry level anyway? Don't entry level, rookie drivers make mistakes?
That is exactly what I said to the driver of the 29 when I spoke to her after her heat. She was a bit upset because she'd be berated by the driver who couldn't pass her clean, as if THAT were her fault. She clearly gave the room needed for the pass, but it wasn't executed very well.

Tracy87BB
08-07-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm not a driver (nor do I have any desire to be one), but one thing I've learned from being around the track for so long is this: it makes for much better racing when you can race with your competition, instead of having obstacles out on the track. I've seen a number of drivers offer advice and help to others in an attempt to actually increase the level of competition. The exchange between Jessica Larsen and Tommy Walkowiak was exactly that. Kudos to Tommy for offering his assistance. There are actually several drivers (you all know who you are, I'm sure) who deserve a pat on the back for their dealings with Jessica on Saturday. I've always believed that's the way it should be.

rabbid1
08-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Kickit, it wasn't advice, it was more like, "I'm racing for the championship, stay out of my way." Like I said, introduce yourself, then say what you want. I will tell him in person. You're right about that, I just couldn't wait 2 weeks . I'm not above advice from the vets, I know I have much to learn .

EAGLE
08-13-2006, 10:06 AM
I've Known Scott For 5 To 6 Years, And When He Started, He Asked Me For Set-Up And Help For The Frist 2 years That He Ran In This Class. Scott Will Help Anyone, And Maybe If You Listen To Him, You Wouldn't Go To The Back After Starting Up Front. Take the Advice From The Vet Out There And Stop Your B%&$#ing And Listen, they're Trying To Help.

rabbid1
08-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Gee, I dont have to explain it again do I? It Wasn't advice! Or help! By the way, it was a broken ball joint that sent me to the back. We need a mechanic, not attitude.

W. J.
08-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Questions asked and answered, subject and thread closed, it's time to move on.