PDA

View Full Version : Points question answered

NEETS-1
08-07-2006, 07:42 PM
I received a few emails concerning the points and I feel I should let everybody know about it before it becomes an issue.
Earlier in the year I announced at a drivers meeting at one of the practices in the NEETS series. This has been a rule since NEETS beginning.
If you are pre-registered and your car cannot start the event, you will receive last place points and position if you pay your registration fee. This has really not been an issue because 99% of the time it happens to drivers not in the top ten in points. When it happens "IN" the top ten...everyone notices.
I made this rule long ago to let the drivers feel at ease knowing if they have a problem with their car, they will at least receive something for their hard luck.
It also helps with our driver count. Even though we only have 8 or 9 points races per year...one of these days may fall on a "wedding", "vacation", "unexpected illness", etc. These drivers would never join the series knowing if they miss one race, they could never reach the top ten at the end of the year. This is one of the reasons we have a great driver oriented series.
NOW...on the other hand. If you are not concerned with points and you break your car...what do I always do with no complaints? I give you your money back...something no other promoter does. BUT, at that point, you do not get credit for being there or the points. The registration fee pays the purse and the points fund.
I hope this clears up any questions you may have had about this subject.

PS- Do not take this personally anybody, but I do have to get this off my chest. To the person who said $100 will buy you 100 points, I just want to say to you....you are not the kind of person I, or our members want in NEETS. If you said it as a joke, I am not laughing. If "YOU" had a problem with your car, you would be the first one asking me about this rule.