PDA

View Full Version : Confused?

RacinRob
08-07-2006, 10:43 PM
The 02 truck passed tech with aftermarket wheels on the left side.....does this mean aftermarket wheels are legal?

N.Y. racing
08-08-2006, 12:27 PM
I see a lot of people, that shouldn't be passing tech, on the track.

woot lawrence
08-08-2006, 01:30 PM
What was up with that turbo Volvo in the 4cyl?? I think Volvos are like 106 inch wheelbase and we are only allowed 104, and it was a turbo. That is 2 things against it and it was still allowed to race??

fastgal
08-08-2006, 08:55 PM
My understanding about the turbos is it's a no-no, and if you placed in the top spots, you would be dq'd after the race, because you should know better. I agree that they shouldn't be able to run, but they need car count, and I believe the first inspection is more a safety check than an all out tech inspection.

N.Y. racing
08-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Yea but when you get someone with a 106" wheel base runnin with cars NO BIGGER than the 104" legal wheel base its really just gonna cause problems on the track for everyone else, not to mention that its not safe at all, so safety check ??

tstiles
08-08-2006, 10:03 PM
the 02 may have some spare wheels on the car but certainly you dont think they out weigh the fact the guy won with a bench seat. right? lol

fastgal
08-10-2006, 07:10 AM
By safety check I meant thy guy won't fall through the floor, or has some kind of seatbelt. Wheelbase has nothing to do with that.

N.Y. racing
08-10-2006, 01:39 PM
I know exactly what you meant. I was just saying that it's not safe having a car on the track that is that much bigger and faster than most everything else out there. The guy cant win anything, but yet he races and screws up everyone elses race/car (that has followed the rules), just so he can get on the track. How is that at all right?? Just so Riverhead can get their 45 bucks.

W. J.
08-10-2006, 03:59 PM
NYRacing, while you are right in your theory, the problem is that to thoroughly inspect the cars, including wheelbase measurements, etc. would take so long that you'd either have to show up at 5AM, or the first race wouldn't be ready to go off before 4 in the afternoon. While it's unfortunate this sort of thing happens, perhaps a list of [*blatantly ineligible] vehicles needs to be compiled and posted with officials.

*Those that have a wheel base that's too long, an engine that is not legal (as a factory stock item), things like that. At least it would be a shorter list (I hope) than a list of what is okay, LOL!

What do you think?

CIN
08-10-2006, 04:11 PM
WJ,
I think you're right on target. And maybe the racers can help. We have two more enduros left. Maybe ALL of us can help with what WE KNOW. Write it down and send it in and not in a nasty way, just information. That way over the off season, the officials can come up with better rules for better racing and maybe less complaining. I believe we all want this to work and we ALL have to work to make it a great time.
Now of course this is just my opinion.
CIN

richardpetey
08-10-2006, 08:42 PM
I hate to blow a hole in your wheelbase theory but, the smaller the wheelbase the FASTER laps the car will turn........................ :rolleyes:
If you disagree, go to mylaps.com( amb transponder site) and check out any track that runs stock 4, 6 or 8cyl classes/enduros, you will see the faster lap times in the lower classes............................ :eek:
WJ is probably right, its easier to safety check'em first and sort out the "illegals" after the race....................... :help:
You guys should be gett'en it by now.......its car count and money that makes the cars go round................................ ;)
UNCLE PETEY.......................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

wayne
08-10-2006, 08:57 PM
I Think The Turbo Volvo Hit Every Car Out There! And, He Spun About 10 Times. Don't Let That Car Back On The Track, Whether It Was Legal Or Not!

N.Y. racing
08-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Yes, I do know the smaller the wheel base, the quicker in the corners .

racenut38
08-12-2006, 08:03 AM
Maybe that Volvo should enter in the 4cyl demo! Volvo, they're boxy, but they're safe. :applause: :lol:

N.Y. racing
08-20-2006, 04:50 PM
It's just ridiculous that my car is wrecked because of an accident started by a car who shouldn't even have been out there.

DARN SHAME :-|

unowho243
08-20-2006, 10:32 PM
You're beating a dead horse here kid.... Is it wrong for that car to be out there, yes, but it was 3 weeks ago and this thread hasn't been opened in over 2 weeks. Wrecks happen, yes; this one could have been avoided by not having that car on the track, but stuff happens. Did I go on and rant about when you spun me before the drop of the green, NY? No, I didn't. I pm'd you about it and if you're that bent out of shape about it, talk to the guy like I did to you, don't keep going on about it on here, because it just makes you look like you still have a grudge.

-Jim

RacinRob
08-20-2006, 11:11 PM
I have to agree with you Jim. Granted I have money invested in my TRUX 55 and I'm in the process of buliding a new one with over $1500 invested in it. I still realize it's an ***ENDURO***. I could take that truck out for one lap and it could be over. It's just a risk you take in these divisions. I squashed my beef with the guy who smashed my truck during the last race and I moved on. Even the weekly divisions have the "jerks", but that's racing!

N.Y. racing
08-21-2006, 03:18 AM
Well im over it, Yes it was 3 weeks ago, but its still fresh in my mind (considering you just mentioned the accident that happend at the 2nd race of the season, you know that things like that just stay on your mind) and in the process of finishing a car for the next race. I have no problem with racing accidents. If I knew who he was, I would have talked to him, and I'm sure a few others would, too. But either way, I was just responding to the post with my opinion, and in my opinion that was a shame.

P.S. unowho

It was actually just after the green flag, :-B But I apologized and know I was wrong. :cheers:

unowho243
08-21-2006, 12:19 PM
lol. It's all good. That's the past.