PDA

View Full Version : Issues on PoconoThunder.net Thread

nobandwagonhere
08-08-2006, 09:48 PM
I think that needs to be addressed to Walter Johnson also. There was a post on Muntain speedway forum about an individuals newborn baby, someone asked about congratulating the father and Walter flat out called him "an overbearing a******". I posted a comment that, as a moderator, he was wrong for writing that and Walter deleted 90% of the thread putting "personal biz" as the reason. Why was he allowed to get away with it? Personally, I think Walter gets carried away with his comments. Thank you.

vsmidge68
08-08-2006, 09:52 PM
:applause: I saw that too.........It was like now you see it ....now you don't..........My opinion is he said what he wanted to say and then only when challenged he deleted it.

W. J.
08-08-2006, 10:09 PM
Never happened! What was the title of the thread you refer to? JA can investigate, but remember one thing: he can look at things you can't, and tell if a post was edited or modifed in any way. I truly hope he does, and can print his findings right here. I invite him to do so, and make you out to be as untruthful as you're being right now.
I don't ever call anyone the names you've accused me of calling someone there, either in print or in person. You must have me confused with another internet friend of yours.

I've looked back at both of your recent posts, and find NO comments from either of you of any kind in the post about Bling's baby.

Here are the links to the two posts about Bling's baby. Read them and judge for yourself.

http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9456&page=1&pp=15
http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=61737#post61737

LongIslandJam
08-08-2006, 10:20 PM
David & Vicki,

I am sorry, your facts are a bit skewed (at least from what I see)...

The thread in question (I assume) http://racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9463

#1) Walter did call the father a name (not the name you are referring to, but it's what the mother called him as well), but it was perhaps made in jest (and maybe bad taste). If this offended anyone I apologize on behalf of PoconoThunder.net and RacerHub.
#2) I deleted the posts in order to protect the mother (as I feel the biz about the father was against the nature of the thread (to congratulate the mother), and you can ask the mother if you would like).

And as an FYI... Walter and I work in tandem in moderating the forums. I do have final say in any user dispute and hear all sides out... If there's ever an issue, my e-mail and phone number are readily available (but rarely used by the racing community, as it's easier to be a victim, than to fix an issue).

So Donny and Vicki, feel free to contact me... JAckley@longislandjam.com and if you would like my phone (516) 330-9737. E-mail me or call me at any reasonable time. This offer goes to anybody in the racing community as well...

Thanks!

W. J.
08-08-2006, 10:27 PM
Thanks for getting to the truth, JA.

nobandwagonhere
08-08-2006, 11:56 PM
Seeing as how there may be a descrepency....Im willing to stand up and say...if I am wrong ...then Walter I do appologize. Im pretty positive with what I saw, and I do know that half of the thread WAS in fact deleted, but EXACTLY what was said can not be proven. No facts...no case. Im sorry for airing it out, but in my opinion there is something shady with it all. Ive spoken to JA and we resolved it. JA, thank you for taking the time to look into it. You have your hands full with this forum and it does not go unappreciated. Again...if I am wrong....I do appologize. If anyone else remembers that thread IN ITS ENTIRETY please, do not hesitate to comment.

http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9463

RGeeProductions
08-09-2006, 12:01 AM
It's what I thought I saw also.... sorry, but somewhere, somehow, things were deleted....

After being shown what was deleted, seems WJ didn't call anyone 'overbearing', asphaltrocks called WJ it.....but all will be resolved in the next few days as emails are going out to all involved to correct this...

vsmidge68
08-09-2006, 07:27 AM
Ok,thanks, RGEE. I know this is a bit blurry for some. I have emailed JA privately and hope to get this taken care of. I think tempers flared and things were said that cannot be taken back. It is extremely unfortunate that such a joyous occasion in one's life was turned into a mess. Not knowing Bling personally, I can only hope she can get this behind her and get on with enjoying her new baby and all that motherhood brings to your life.

W. J.
08-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Using nobandwagon's link, I went back to see what I'd written (frankly, I'd forgotten about THAT particlar post), and I wasn't the nicest I could be. However, what I read into the question, the first and only post by that person, by the way, was a bit of sarcasm towards Bling, and I frankly didn't care for what was being implied. My response, given in letters to mean what only certain people would be able to discern, was probably inappropriate, but meant to be in a sarcastic vein to the person who'd posted the original uncalled for question. It was not meant as an attack. If it was taken that way, I apologize. Sometimes it's difficult to express in print what is easily expressed in person. And RGee is right, it was him that call me "An overbearing ........" Hmmm!

RGeeProductions
08-09-2006, 10:18 AM
Ok,thanks, RGEE. I know this is a bit blurry for some. I have emailed JA privately and hope to get this taken care of. I think tempers flared and things were said that cannot be taken back. It is extremely unfortunate that such a joyous occasion in one's life was turned into a mess. Not knowing Bling personally, I can only hope she can get this behind her and get on with enjoying her new baby and all that motherhood brings to your life.
Last night, at midnight no less, Ja and I went completely over ALL the deleted posts. And, yes, there were things said that should not have been said BY ALL involved, that we both agree. As I mentioned above, JA has sent emails to all involved and when we receive responses back, we will put it all together and the issue WILL be addressed AND corrected....and our final descisions/actions will be posted here.

vsmidge68
08-09-2006, 11:46 AM
I emailed JA and am happy to report that I am very satisfied with the results of our discussion. Thanks again Rich!! :)

NJ Chick
08-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Just my quick two cents on the post in question which I did see in its entirety before most of it got deleted. Asphaltrocks didn't know Bling and her situation, since there was no mention of a father, and being a proud father himself, he merely was trying to give the father some recognition as dads sometimes get pushed into the background when there is a new baby. As the second post by Asphaltrocks got deleted explaining the above, I thought the poor guy should be defended. WJ was out of line with what he said to him and in my opinion should apologize.
However, everyone seems satisfied with the outcome, so I will say no more.

BlingxBling
08-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Ok, so I let this go on long enough. JA and I spoke about the thread a few days ago when it was removed because it the thread got off the subject, and again last night just to clarify where I stood about this. Everyone seems to be tearing into WJ... if everyone read the thread entirely, they would realize he didn't say ANYTHING out of line. So why is this such an issue? I understood the humor of his post. C'mon now, you people have been around quite a long time. You should know already that I don't hold back from anything, don't you think I would have had something to say to WJ had I felt he was out of line? What most people do not realize that there are a few people on this forum that understand my life and situation. Those who know me, know when I am furious, I can be VERY vulgar. One of those people who can relate to my "kind" words is WJ. If you want to know what all the posts stated, come speak to me. I read it daily. I can repeat it word for word. Asphaltrocks may not have known my situation, but he also isn't aware of my friendship levels with WJ..and crossed the line when he called him an overbearing a$$hole. He may be a proud father, but unfortunately not everyones life is a fairy tale. So am I in the wrong for calling the father of my child a sperm donor? Am I wrong for being furious that Asphaltrocks brought up the touchiest of subjects and I let him know my views? Is WJ wrong for telling him that he should mind his own business? And is he wrong when he turned it into a joking situation by using words that I normally would have? I really want to know why this is an issue. I am absolutely FURIOUS because not once did any of you come to me. How dare you use my situation to fuel the already burning fire you have against WJ. This is enough to have me walk away from this forum because I don't want to be caught up in the bullsh*t high school drama. Just to clarify, the original posts were fine by me, it's all this garbage that has come after the fact that has me furious! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

vsmidge68
08-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Actually, the post started about someone being kicked off the forum for harrassment and/or cursing. What was brought up was WJ's foul abbreviations on the "baby bling" post. It was merely an example of someone not using the forum as it was intended. Your business is just that, and if someone wants to defend you, that's fine, but as MODERATOR he should have known better and done it another way. For example, he should have pm'd asphaltrocks and explained the situation as your friend, or just deleted the post and [B] then[/B ]used the reason personal business. I guess if it was someone he didn't like, it would have been ok. You are taking this out of context....again, the posts are about WJ misusing the forum, not about you personally. It's not good for a new mom to be so stressed, so try and relax................

W. J.
08-09-2006, 04:16 PM
I know there will be howls over this, but this has gotten way off the track of what it was meant for, so I am going to lock it until JA makes a decision about what he wants to do. It has acted to upset certain people who are not directly involved. When JA has a chance to review what has been put here so far, it will be his decision as to what to do next. My guess is that will happen tonight.