PDA

View Full Version : Paved parking lot

44chargerfan
08-10-2006, 02:01 PM
When I went by the track this morning, it looked like they were paving the backstretch parking lot and a little bit right next to the RT.58 entrance. It was paving or they were laying down something else for traction. So more changes may be coming.

W. J.
08-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Good news, thanks! Anything is better than those 'sand traps' around the LIPA right-of-way. I saw a few people get stuck in them Saturday evening.

LongIslandJam
08-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Wow! I'm surprised by that (pleasantly surprised). Good news Brian, and thank you Riverhead for trying your best with the parking lot. There's not one track I've been too that's had paved parking (as its mucho expensive), and I know what nature dealt the track isn't easy to deal with (sand, lot's of it). Thank you for making it easier on us in the parking area!

Jaws
08-10-2006, 04:22 PM
I can't imagine they are spending the $ to pave the lot, but all of the people that get stuck every week would appreciate it.

I saw a big motor home up to the axle Saturday night in the back parking lot and a Caddy in front lot, buried deep!

W. J.
08-10-2006, 04:31 PM
I don't know where they got the paving material, but I did notice a pile of the same stuff used to pave the front lot 'stockpiled' at the rear of the pits, outside the fence. Wherever it came from and whatever it is, it will be helpful to us all and we should be thankful for it. I know I am, I had to change my exit route Saturday night because of that Caddy! LOL!

modified_fan
08-10-2006, 06:23 PM
I have not been by the track this week to look at such work, but the track had stored many loads of asphalt trailings to the south of the south fence.

This material could not be 'paved', but it might add some texture to the sand if spread thickly enough.

44chargerfan
08-10-2006, 06:58 PM
It looked more like peat moss, not asphalt, but anything is better than sand.

Mortgage Guy
08-14-2006, 08:26 AM
So was it paved????

W. J.
08-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Bob Finan mentioned that B. Sexton Site Development moved recycled paving into the area to firm it up. It is MUCH better than it was, and those of us who use it regularly say a great big THANK YOU to the track management and B.Sexton Site Development for getting it done. :) :) :)

RacinRob
08-14-2006, 03:12 PM
I think B. Sexton is awesome for the track, as far as sponsorship and such.