PDA

View Full Version : Oldsmobile distributor

deathwishracin1
08-11-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm having a problem with the computer in my enduro car. First, will the car pass tech for stock 8's if I "back date" it and just get a stock pre-computer quadrajet and vacuum-advance HEI? Also, would a distributor for an Olds 350 or 455 work in a 307? Thanks.

richardpetey
08-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Most olds small block distributors are interchangeable within the 307/350 block designs just make sure your olds HEI distributor has a 4-prong module, externally most tech guys won't notice or care about the difference........................................ .. :drool:
The quadrajet carbs are a little more complicated.................................. :rolleyes:
You can leave the old C-3 and C-4 computer controlled carbs on the car, just have to make a few adjustments to the mixture control solenoid plunger internally to get your mixture correct....................... :eek:
Since the only other electronic devices on the carb are just sensors they will not affect performance if the computer is disconnected.................. ;)
You can leave all the wiring on the carb. and no one will know the computer is disconnected.................... :lol:
UNCLE PETEY......................... :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Bonestock
08-18-2006, 04:10 AM
Deathwish1, I have a 307 Olds going to the scrap yard. Check your PM.