PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Speedway day at Mickey's

toots
08-11-2006, 10:49 PM
Everything is set for this Sunday at Mickey's. Hazleton Standard Speaker will be running an ad in tomorrow's newspaper. Event will start at 2:00 and end approximately 5:00 (of course, you are more than welcome to stay longer) Fans seem to be excited- Many were at the booth this past weekend asking tons of questions and asking for directions. Should be a good turnout. Just a reminder to drivers who are bringing cars- PLEASE try to be there between 1:00 and 1:30, so that we may have everyone setup for the 2 o'clock hour. I will be handing out posters that will have all of the attending vehicles on it, so that the drivers can autograph their photos. Also, there will be Autographed posters of Miss Mountain Speedway. I will also supply BRAND NEW Sharpies to the drivers (no need to bring anything but yourselves and cars, of course). Drivers that are scheduled to bring their vehicles are:
Bob Wink- Travis Fisher- Jamie Damon- Marissa Nelmes- Kevin Makarewicz- Jeff Owler- Josh Oswald- Richard Petey-Howie Bott- Rich Dimarco-Larry Fisher -Kory Rabenold-Barry Callavini-Lou Strohl ( 2 cars)- Mountain 2 seater
16 vehicles in all (My limit was 13 but couldn't turn anyone down) GREAT JOB GUYS AND GALS- Thanks for your support. I promise it will be worth your time. Thanks again. See you all on Sunday.

2Fast4U
08-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Joanie if any help is needed let me know! See you there!
Lisa

CJfilms
08-14-2006, 02:15 PM
That was certainly a lot of fun! I loved getting the slowest car twice ;) And by the way...whomever it was that reset my car to the SLOWEST SPEED EVER!!!...just remember, I take the pit party photos and we have one coming up too! Really now, the car went faster rolling down the hill out of the building than it did on the straight part of the track!!! lol It must have been pick on Joe day, cause they did the same thing to Joe Cal too!!! That was funny watching Joe race in a go-kart with everyone huh? Just like me, he was like a target!

All in all, that was a blast that day, Joan you did a wonderful job with everything, and I hate to do this to you because I know you'll kick me for it, but, I can't wait to go again next year! :applause:

Geno
08-14-2006, 02:42 PM
Heard it was great Joan & sorry I had to miss it!! Hey, some afternoon before the races, let's all meet over there & rough each other up a little...what do ya say? :applause:

winky417
08-14-2006, 08:33 PM
We had a Blast !!!! And really should do it again. The fans, kids, everyone had a great time. And those go carts took a beating from all and kept on ticking. We drove the tires to the cords!!!!! (lol) Spending an afternoon with fans,friends, family,----------PRICELESS !!!!!
Winky 417,57,12 Maddawg Motorsports

CJfilms
08-14-2006, 09:05 PM
back it up Winky!!! This was all Joan! Unless you are thanking me for the laughs you got out of me putting around the course at -5MPH!!! lol!!!! :lol:

toots
08-14-2006, 09:42 PM
It was a FANTASTIC time!!!! I definitely cannot take ALL of the credit. It would never have been possible if it wasn't for the drivers, officials and track personnel that took the time to show up and help everyone have a good time. Heck even Mr. Callavini took a ride!!!! That's what these things are all about. A lot of good people getting together, promoting the sport they love the most, and showing others a good time.
Cutri- I really think I won the laughter contest though by leading the first pack of cars out to the track and going the wrong way while the rest of the cars went the right way ( Blonde moment ) I am so glad that everyone had a Great time!! I can't believe that I left 2 hours after the event was to be finished and some of you guys & gals were still there racing.
This will be a definite on next years schedule. (Haven't received any nasty calls or bills in the mail from Mickey's as of yet) Hopefully we can get more in on the fun next year. Those of you who could not attend - really missed a great time.
But again- I cannot THANK everyone enough for their participation. Heck- some of you guys drove a long way to bring your machines and there are not words to show my appreciation.
Got some good photos, too. Definitely enough for a full page in the program this week.
Next on my agenda is to try to help the Mac Team with their final car show of the year, which was actually scheduled for this past Sunday, but they cancelled so that they could be at my event. I owe them a lot for doing that. Thank Goodness I know their sponsor well, so I am sure he is not too upset.
SO- any drivers that would like to help out and attend the MAC show- PLEASE let me know. It will be held at Jo'Jo's Beverages on the Airport Beltway (date unknown as of right now- unless Jason set a date???) Jason, let us know. I will supply autographed posters once again and I have my wheels turning for something special for drivers that attend with their machines??????
Ya never know what i will come up with.

Racing Rebel
08-15-2006, 02:01 PM
Joan-
We had such a good time. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: I think we left there somewhere around 8:30ish. And there were still people there. I am soooooooooo sore.
Thanks a bunch.
I'm not sure of the date for the next car show. Call JJ

Thanks again
Marissa 2AM

2Fast4U
08-15-2006, 03:04 PM
Joan
Thanks for a good time Sunday.. :applause: It is always nice to see a bunch of good people get together for a little fun. Next time, Marissa, we will back the LUBE, LOL.. :D Oh, Poor HOWIE, Marissa and I are SOOOOOO Sorry for slamming you in the wall. Hope you're ok. :wave:
Thanks Again,
Lisa

richardpetey
08-16-2006, 07:03 PM
Speaking of poor Howie.......How is April doing....................... :confused:
That was a good jolt she took in turn three................................. :eek:
Who sez those ELECTRIC cars don't go fast, right Wink, hehe............. :applause:
UNCLE PETEY................ :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
PS......... THANK YOU JOAN