PDA

View Full Version : Paul Specht??

DOR 58 FIGURE 8
08-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Karen, how's Paul feeling? :*-( How bad is the car? :*-( Well, I can't speak for everyone, but being that we're off this week, maybe some of the other drivers and crews would be able to lend Paul a hand to get the car back out there for the following week. I know that Paul has no crew. I know Kenny and Tom Graff were talking about calling Paul Monday to see if he could use a hand. :help: I'm sure that 1 night would be a lot of help, just a few more nights of help and there wouldn't be any reason why he should sit out. Right?

W. J.
08-14-2006, 10:25 AM
It's nice of you all to offer. Karen's early assessment of the car on Saturday was that it's pretty much totalled, but maybe a closer inspection will tell them more. It is known that the car was so badly dmamged that the Specht's had to pay for a flatbed to take it home from thr track, as there was no way it was going in the trailer. That cost $$$, which takes away from whatever would be needed to repair the car, so consider that also. I wish Paul and Karen all the best in getting this car fixed and I hope that Paul is doing okay after that really hard shot.

RACENUT
08-14-2006, 11:39 AM
What Happened To Paul Saturdat Night?

racerwife
08-14-2006, 07:30 PM
Monday evening 7:00

Dor, thanks for thinking of Paul !!!
As for how he's doing, he is OK.

The car is a mess, absolutely needs a complete front clip. He is cutting it apart as we speak to reveal any more hidden damage. As you all know it was a bad hit. Our concern is also engine damage as well. If anyone wants to lend a hand most of you know where we live....stop on over. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. There is only so much you can accomplish with Michael and myself as your crew.
I still don't really know how it happened. I myself was sun blinded so I know I didn't see all that went on. Terrified is what I admit to being on seeing and hearing the booming sound of the impact. I also did see a flashover of fire, from whom I don't know. My feet never moved so fast to the ambulance people who once again were RESTRICTED and FORBIDDEN to go on to the track. I'm so glad that the track workers at least went to the cars to see if the drivers where ok, but they aren't trained in any medical procedures.
...THANK GOD Paul wasn't hurt. The best the ambulance crew could do is grab him as he left the track. Once again the track shows it true colors in making sure the show goes on regardless that it would have taken a mere extra minute to let the ambulance go on to the track to get the drivers instead of making them walk off !!! That I am very angry about. !!!
Just so everyone also knows... I had a a flatbed at the track WAITING for more than 90 minutes before we were allowed to enter and retrieve the car. Denniston says it was a safety issue... Ok figure that if allowed to enter when he arrived, there were still 1/2 a modified race and demo derby to complete.Only racers were in the pits...instead we waited till the general public was inside and now had to drive through the crowd of people, small children and the babies to reach the car, load a vehicle that doesn't steer,no brakes, and sharp metal everywhere. Where is the logic to this one. Thanks to Bob Finan for finally interceding on our behalf to get us inside when we did.

Well.... the car runs. Paul just fired the engine... now to look for big puddles.

The race is on to get the clip done. Any and all help is welcome.

Karen.

The Bullfather
08-14-2006, 08:09 PM
What bothered me was people cheering when they saw the accident, they were excited to see somebody get hit at the "x". I was disgusted and made it known, I said something to the fact that it's real classy that people cheer for a serious incident, this ins't the demo debry.

W. J.
08-14-2006, 08:55 PM
I don't know if the constant dust condition was a factor in Paul's crash, but it may be time set up the sprinklers again to keep the dust down.

Someone told me a few years back that the plan was to pave the whole infield to eliminate that problem....(cough-John-cough)...but it's never happened.

RACENUT
08-14-2006, 09:30 PM
I'm Sure The People That Were Cheering Because There Was A Hit At The X, Were Not Racing Fans, They Were Just There For The Circus Acts.

unowho243
08-14-2006, 09:47 PM
i agree racenut

The Bullfather
08-14-2006, 10:08 PM
To me it didn't matter and I let it be known! Hopefully they understand a real racing accident that was serious to a demo debry. It's all cool when Mike O' Keefe flips over one car and rides on top of it, everyone knew they were ok. But the incident with Paul and TK wasn't a circus act!

loving74
08-14-2006, 11:47 PM
HONESTLY TO ME, IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW IT HAPPENED, OR HOW WRECKED THE CAR IS. ALL THAT REALLY MATTERS IS, IS THAT PAUL IS OK AND THAT HE GOT OUT IN ONE PIECE! HIS LIFE IS WORTH MORE THAN THE CAR! I'M IN TO HELP IF YOU NEED ME! JUST MESSAGE ME! GLAD YOU ARE OK PAUL!!!! :applause: