PDA

View Full Version : Super Pro Truck Lineup & Rules Violations?

The Bullfather
08-13-2006, 10:52 AM
The line-up was a disgrace and it put Lou on the outside pole. I don't know what happened on the warm up laps, but what a disgrace to have someone starting 8th start 2nd. I know thats how it rolls, but it's a shame so many trucks were forced to the pit because of a warm up lap!

This post is no way an insult.

maestri fan 1
08-13-2006, 10:59 AM
No I will admit that winning from the outside pole is no way an earned win, BUT when he had Gardner and Grennan all over his bumper the whole race that made it all good. I like when Louie comes through the field to win but he got lucky with the incidents on the warm-up laps. But it goes to show once he is out front he is very hard to be passed. GO LOUIE!!!!

The Bullfather
08-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Granted, Gardner could have pushed through, it shows that Bobby's come a long way from his skills in the Blunderbust.

W. J.
08-13-2006, 12:10 PM
Just to clarify here, for those who were paying attention, this is the way the line-up works when someone drops out before the official start of the race: the row they were in (ie: inside or outside), moves up to fill the vacated position(s), rather than taking the time to cross everyone over to move them up one spot. This was done to simplify matters, and to address complaints about delaying the show when using the older method. Now we have something new for people to complain about, LOL!

fastgal
08-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Congrats Lou, I hope you get it, but I also have a question? When I left the track after the mods, there wasn't a payoff for the trucks. Word had it that the two trucks illegal, but I see the finish posted on the front page as official. I asked one of the competiors and when they left at 11 pm, there was still no payoff. I'm just curious as to the outcome; not trying to stir the pot.

W. J.
08-13-2006, 02:50 PM
I saw Christine hand his payoff to Rob Bader, driver of the 43, a little past 11 PM. Everyone was paid.

LennyCosta46
08-13-2006, 05:32 PM
What I witnessed during tech inspections was one driver having an illegal control arm that was confiscated, another being accused of cheating while no one actually could find any legit violations, and the third driver in tech breezing right through with nothing even being looked at.

fastgal
08-13-2006, 06:03 PM
Glad to hear that. But that leaves another question. Did it change the finish order?

maestri fan 1
08-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Nope the order wasn't changed at all. I know they found illegal parts in a few trucks but I'm not sure exactly what it was. Which truck did they find the illegal control arm in and why wasn't anything done about it?

W. J.
08-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Let's get something clarified before this goes off in the wrong direction. Sometimes during post race tech, a part that is not approved is found, and the 'offender' is informed by officials that they have a specified time in which to get the correct part installed. This is usually a judgment call on the part of the officials involved, and is generally done if it's felt the part did not give an unfair advantage to the vehicle, it just wasn't an approved part. I know this is a gray area, but it does happen that way.

maestri fan 1
08-13-2006, 07:29 PM
Thanks W.J. I understand 100% now.

RacinRob
08-13-2006, 09:13 PM
Mighty nice of Christine to bring me the purse money. It wasn't about the money though. :applause:

fastgal
08-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Page 10 suspension #15 states: lower a-frames must be stock and unaltered, except for replacing the ball joint. Not gray to me, it should be a loss of all points for the night. Stock length means do not cut and lengthen/shorten. :confused: Not put to last? NO POINTS!!!!! and it was the 38.

outlawfab
08-14-2006, 11:58 AM
WHY HAVE RULES !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

maestri fan 1
08-14-2006, 05:32 PM
Good question!!! They are rarely enforced.

LennyCosta46
08-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Shouldn't all three trucks that crossed the scales have had the same things checked? Only seems fair.

RacinRob
08-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I always thought there is a uniform inspection for everybody. No favorites or exceptions.

fastgal
08-16-2006, 11:33 PM
I can't state my distaste enough over what happened. I understand that certain parts or even engine components can be a judgement call, but such a blatant modification of a part, where rules forbid you to do, is blatant cheating. I also understand that the Charger race from a couple weeks ago had the same parts confiscated and the results were the same. If it is blatantly done, then take the points and money away.

EAGLE
08-17-2006, 07:27 PM
It Been The Same Way Out Their For Years The Only Thing That Changed Were The Faces. Some People Getting Any With Everything And Others Legal Getting Busted Just Because Thier Not The One.

LongIslandJam
08-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Going to put my two cents in before it gets a little too crazy...

From time to time this year, a few guys have gotten breaks at times (some of which are calling the kettle black within this thread). What happens, happens, and remains among the competitors. If there's a true issue of how you feel the tech is going, bring it up to track management (the drivers as a whole have to do this, and have done it in the past). They are there to serve you.

On that note, we'll close the thread...