PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Speedway/ August 27th

NEETS-1
08-14-2006, 10:34 PM
How many SPT teams are planning on coming out for the BIG DOG weekend event?
The small ad will be in this week and big ad next week in the Area Auto Racing News. ARTS trucks are also eligible to run...if ya know any of the teams, give them a shout.
Hope this works out to be a nice show and you guys have some fun.
Thanx, BillyB.
PS- Dave Brig.- Give me a call 570-881-9591 aft 6pm

RacinRob
08-14-2006, 10:49 PM
the 97 and 43 teams are goin.....

maestri fan 1
08-14-2006, 11:08 PM
Is it different gears than what you would use at Riverhead?

RacinRob
08-15-2006, 03:19 PM
Yeah, different ratio....bigger track

LEAD LAP
08-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Billy B.,

Can you give us some more details? Do we need to pre-register, or just show up the day of the race? What time is the show, when do the gates open, is there any practice? How much does it cost for the trucks to enter, what about crew members? Is there camping nearby, who can we contact for that?

Can we run the Trucks as-is (Riverhead's Rules)? Is there anything we can change: carbs, exhaust, etc. (aside from the rear gear ratio)?

Is the race a go, regardless of the Truck count? If it's called off, you would have to do it by Friday, Aug. 25, so that we don't come up on Saturday, only to have it cancelled.

Thanks.

NEETS-1
08-24-2006, 10:02 PM
All the info you need I posted in a different thread on the SPT section. The only thing I want to mention here is the F.G.R. You guys should be running in the 7's at Riverhead on a 1/4 mile. A good F.G.R. for Mountain is around 6:20/30 depending on your H.P. curve.
Can't wait to see you guys run here...should be a good show.