PDA

View Full Version : Figure 8 website

figure8usa
08-15-2006, 09:40 AM
With all due respect, I hope I'm not breaching etiquette by posting a web address to another figure 8 racing website on this board http://figure8usa.com/ . Riverhead and Islip have had a storied history in figure 8 racing over the years and in our attempt to bring a little national recognition to the sport I knew this would be one of the first places to start to get our message out.

We are a small group of racers, ex-racers and media people based out of Indianapolis that have a passion for figure 8 racing. What we hope to accomplish is to coordinate information from all of the tracks and fans across these great United States that host a "modified" style of figure 8 race. Many drivers from across the country will compete in the World Figure 8 Championship in Indianapolis, we hope to provide figure 8 fans a venue to follow many of these drivers through one centralized website.

You are welcome to and we encourage you to send new or vintage pictures for us to post or provide new information for us to post.

Thanks and keep up the great racing!

Willie

W. J.
08-15-2006, 10:02 AM
Wille,

We always welcome legitimate websites of interest to our subscribers. All you had to do was let us know, and we can also provide a permanent link with the rest of our racing links on a regular web page here at the site. Your link initially didn't work, but has been fixed and will take people directly to your site. Thanks for including our many fans and great Figure 8 driver's in your plans. :)

LongIslandJam
08-15-2006, 06:50 PM
You're right Walter,

In fact, I took the liberty of linking to your site Willie. Please do the same for the Jam as well.

Thanks for the interesting site!

LongIslandJam
08-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Which link?

figure8usa
08-17-2006, 08:48 AM
Thanks guys! I have linked the Long Island Jam from my sight...I'm not sure why people are having trouble with my link, but it should be easy enough to type in the address if anyone is having difficulty...I will also add your link from specific links page...

You guys have put together an awesome sight, I have to think that there are quite a few people from not only the Indy area, but from all over the country that are interested in following NY figure 8's...hopefully we will be able to point them here!

W. J.
08-17-2006, 10:41 AM
Anyone still having trouble with the link try typing it in manually. It worked 5 times for me when I tested it just now, so the issue may be a setting on you computer that blocks you from reaching it through our link.

LongIslandJam
08-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Thanks Willie!

Let's get some good promotion going for the local Figure 8's of the USA!:)