PDA

View Full Version : Bump-N-SEE-YA

Crazy Horse
08-19-2006, 06:36 PM
:cool: OH well, no back flip today, sorry C. Edwards, but sometimes it's quite difficult to get out of the way of a stampede. :wave:

racing#s
08-20-2006, 08:37 AM
You can be assured that NASCAR will toss Edwards a fine, maybe even a suspension for his actions.

allhailunc
08-20-2006, 11:18 AM
If you watch the replay slowly, you can see that before Jr went under him, the car had already started to "slide" a bit. As for the post race actions-time will tell if Nascar has the "Cajones" to take action for "actions detrimental to the sport"-but knowing them, nothing will probably happen (gee where have I heard that line before. :lol: ).

The Bullfather
08-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Hey in honesty I'm glad Carl did what he did, and you know NASCAR is going to shill this to the moon for years to come! Carl had the ball joints and nuts to not get pushed around. People jeered Dale Jr. when he was in victory lane, the crowd didn't like the backstretch actions. Now if Carl did get lose, Dale kept pushing and could have taken a toll on his other car driven by Robbie Gordon and maybe more! As far as Carl's actions after coming off pit road, didn't D.W. do that 20 years ago........ Hey we see it in weekly racing, is it right? NO, but you can't be pushed around on the other hand! It's black and white, just depends on which side you choose to be! :drool:

racing#s
08-20-2006, 02:33 PM
It reminded me of "Days of Thunder's" Cole Trickle....lol.

W. J.
08-20-2006, 02:49 PM
I don't know, it sure looked like things I have seen happen time and again at Riverhead, with no black flag, or penalty in most cases. Some would call it a racing accident, but it is what happened afterwards that there is no excusse for: using his car as a weapon, Edwards purposely rammed/sideswiped Jr. Like it or not, NASCAR needs to do whatever is necessary to send the message, "that's a no-no". Edwards' team needed to calm him down, and didn't do so. The whole incident should be reviewed by an independent team of observers (if NASCAR can find one, LOL), and a final judgment made about it, hopefully one that will prevent anyone from thinking about doing anything like this in the future. Edwards bears some blame for what happened to him for not having better control of his car. Earnhardt and Gordon were racing him for position, and it's a close call as to whether they should have backed off to let Edwards correct the mistake that got him sideways in the first place.

Ace
08-20-2006, 07:57 PM
IF JR doesn't hit Edwards and DUMP him, he WAS the leader of the race everything would be fine. Yes he shouldn't have used his car as weapon going after JR, but I have no problem with him going to victory lane to say what's on his mind. I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of BOO"S JR got after his dump and run.

allhailunc
08-21-2006, 05:37 AM
Look at the replay again-Edward's car had allready started to slide when JR got to him. Shot came from JR's car clear as day. It was wiggly and I'm sure that JR didn't assist the process, but to say he just dumped & ran-I don't think so.

Jones44
08-21-2006, 06:18 AM
Personally, I think a DQ is in order (for Edwards). If NASCAR doesn't take some sort of "extreme" action (50 points/$50,000/whatever isn't all that "extreme" for someone who's not a legitimate championship contender), then this sort of garbage will never stop. I'm not just saying this because of who was involved, I'd have the same opinion if Kenny Wallace went after Jeff Gordon after a race. Edwards got loose, JR had a split second and little wiggle room, and Edwards put on quite the show of poor sportsmanship after the race. Put him in his place, NASCAR. :mad:

outlawfab
08-21-2006, 09:40 AM
blah-blah-blah! Stop the crying!!!!!!! Let the drivers deal with it!!!!!!! Only a couple of point races left at Riverhead, should be a WILD ENDING, we can't wait!!!!! :p

allhailunc
08-21-2006, 11:26 AM
HUH? :confused:

W. J.
08-21-2006, 01:51 PM
blah-blah-blah! Stop the crying!!!!!!! Let the drivers deal with it!!!!!!! Only a couple of point races left at Riverhead, should be a WILD ENDING, we can't wait!!!!! :p
Uh, Outlaw, are you in the right thread, LOL???!

The Bullfather
08-21-2006, 04:59 PM
Yes, but also watching the reply from Jr.'s car, you can hear the engine rev from Carl's car, when Dale got under him, too me, he didn't left at all. From the engine noise from Carl's car, that only happens when your on the gas and back end gets lifted, of course Carl was going to spin.

tstiles
08-21-2006, 06:54 PM
Always a few million on the line in one of those races... ok , let's say it went this way. Edwards, Jr, Gordon.... Edwards gets loose, Jr checks up and Robbie Gordon wins??? (NOT) .....put yourself in Jr's place.... if you say that you would have checked up knowing a million or so was waiting at the start/finish line for you, not to mention performing for sponsors. You're fooling yourself. Even if he wanted to check up - on a 2 mile track with 1 to go, I'm sure the furthest thought was to lift. The answer is "that's racing". I'm not a Jr fan, but the guy with the best car won that day. Edwards was in the way of the fastest car. Next!

W. J.
08-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Another look at the replay brings this thought to mind: Jr. and Gordon lift, Edwards, over-correcting, veers to his right, hits the wall, his car shoots back out across the track, collecting Jr. and Gordon, and someone else stands in Victory Lane saying, "I can't believe I won this race!"!
Really, how many times has a driver in that situation lost it, correcting his own "looseness"? Bottom line, everyone did what they felt was right during the split second they had to make a decision.

Ace
08-21-2006, 09:04 PM
Dale Jr's payout for his win WAS a whopping $40,000.

racing#s
08-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Edwards was fined $20,000 and put on probation as per NASCAR site.

pitbull113
08-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Double secret probation. :D

The Bullfather
08-22-2006, 07:59 PM
whaaaaaaaaaaa whaaaaaaaaaa Carl does cry, but come on NASCAR!!! I hate the big white elephant. lol

Jr. drove through him after Carl got lose, His motor vived as his back wheels were lifted. Most times that breaks the rear end. After he lifted Carl, Jr. should have backed down and got him on the next turn.

Now what Carl did on the track was wrong, but we all know NASCAR will shill it to the moon like I said before. I had more problems with what Carl did at Pocono's pit lane. :rolleyes:

racing#s
08-22-2006, 08:15 PM
What if ..Carl hit the Bud car and mangled Juniors arm in his moment of rage. I bet he'd get suspended for a few races, and wacked for big $$ fine. An accident is an accident. He rammed Junior with full intent to make a statement. NASCAR should make a bigger statement. But on the NASCAR end, this stuff makes highlights over and over and over. I've noticed TV stations that don't give NASCAR the time of day show this every hour with sports. Carl's little incident on Stewart in Pocono should have already had him on probation.

W. J.
08-22-2006, 08:23 PM
His motor 'vived' ??? Exactly what is that???